BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Your ideal LM5 singles run!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
post Nov 21 2018, 12:47 AM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
Going by Glory Days.

Fill in below:
Single 1, October - November: Woman Like Me
Single 2, December - January/February: Think About Us
Single 3, February/March - April:
Single 4, May - June/July (Performed on BGT):
Single 5, July/August - September:
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Nov 21 2018, 12:55 AM
Post #2
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
Single 3: monster in me - it'd be good to see them release a full on ballad asf glory days singles lacked any ballads and I can see this going low top 10
Single 4: wasabi - with a BGT performance I can see this performing similar to power, it's holding up so well on streaming atm, is a fan fave and is an out there choice but I can see it working
Single 5: forget you not - pushed start of August, with a feature, and I can see this doing similar to reggaeton lento. Again another fan fave and it only being on the deluxe will probs help it
Single 6: more than words - if FYN is a hit I'd follow it up with this with maybe a couple of performances and a low-key video, nothing massive but like an end of an era closer singls

+Quote this post
JulianNial
post Nov 21 2018, 01:03 AM
Post #3
Group icon
Julian Nial
User: 18,454
1. Woman Like Me
2. Strip
3. Monster In Me/Think About Us
4. Think About Us/Monster In Me
5. Wasabi (Single Mix)

This post has been edited by Juliano: Nov 21 2018, 01:05 AM

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Nov 21 2018, 01:03 AM
Post #4
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
QUOTE(UltraReputation @ Nov 21 2018, 12:55 AM) *
Single 3: monster in me - it'd be good to see them release a full on ballad asf glory days singles lacked any ballads and I can see this going low top 10
Single 4: wasabi - with a BGT performance I can see this performing similar to power, it's holding up so well on streaming atm, is a fan fave and is an out there choice but I can see it working
Single 5: forget you not - pushed start of August, with a feature, and I can see this doing similar to reggaeton lento. Again another fan fave and it only being on the deluxe will probs help it
Single 6: more than words - if FYN is a hit I'd follow it up with this with maybe a couple of performances and a low-key video, nothing massive but like an end of an era closer singls
Well, thanks for completing the form for me xx

Haha.

Just for variance I also have the alternative of:

03. The Cure
04. Wasabi
05. Forget You Not > A Summer remix of this would be FIYAH. In fact not even a rapper, get Calvin Harris or Clean Bandit or Cedric Gervais etc.. to remix it or something <
06. Monster In Me

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Nov 21 2018, 04:05 AM
Post #5
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308
omg Jonjo The Cure was the one that screamed "obvious single" to me so I wonder how it would do interchanged with Think About Us

What I Want:
S2: Think About Us (November/December - mid February) - idk how this will manage with the holiday freeze but there have been multiple singles that managed to smash after getting halted by that. I did think the Glory Days era was missing that Little Me-esque belter anthem but this is a nice marriage between that and a sound similar to Touch/NMSS.
S3: Wasabi (mid-March - late May) - Probably a nice spring single that ends up getting one of the best videos of the era. It would be a nice switch-up from Think About Us.
S4: Motivate (Spanglish remix with Natti Natasha or someone of that caliber, Summer 2019) - idk it's just giving me I Like It teas and why not capitalize on that with a suitable remix. Ideally this would give them another opportunity to break into the US market.
S5: The Cure (Fall 2019) - as some kind of NMSS type single that peaks somewhere in the top 15 but doesn't do much afterwards. Helps move album sales while they go on tour.

It will probably end up with The Cure/Wasabi switched (if it comes close to this production) but it depends on how much profitable impact they want the album to have in the long run.

+Quote this post
post Nov 21 2018, 10:12 AM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Single 3, February/March - April: Monster In Me - I think they've not done a ballad in ages and this one screams hit. I reckon they could get an easy top 15/12 hit with this if they performed it somewhere and showed off their vocals.
Single 4, May - June/July (Performed on BGT): Wasabi - I like that Think About Us has no feature and I think single 3 should be the same, but I think Wasabi might need a feature given it's so short. Someone like Stormzy again could really turn it into a smash.
Single 5, July/August - September: Forget You Not Again, being at the end of the campaign, this might need a feature or remix so that it doesn't flop, but I think this sounds deliciously summery.

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post Nov 21 2018, 12:13 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471
Woman Like Me
The Cure
Think About Us
Wasabi, Love a Girl Right, American Boy, Motivate could all work as a summer single with the right video/feature

+Quote this post
post Nov 21 2018, 01:12 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
All y'all not putting Think About Us a single 2 when it already is.

+Quote this post
Defaze
post Nov 21 2018, 01:34 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 17,608
QUOTE(Wasabi. @ Nov 21 2018, 10:12 AM) *

Single 3, February/March - April: Monster In Me - I think they've not done a ballad in ages and this one screams hit. I reckon they could get an easy top 15/12 hit with this if they performed it somewhere and showed off their vocals.
Single 4, May - June/July (Performed on BGT): Wasabi - I like that Think About Us has no feature and I think single 3 should be the same, but I think Wasabi might need a feature given it's so short. Someone like Stormzy again could really turn it into a smash.
Single 5, July/August - September: Forget You Not Again, being at the end of the campaign, this might need a feature or remix so that it doesn't flop, but I think this sounds deliciously summery.

Yeah, pretty much this. 'Wasabi' and 'Forget You Not' are begging to be released, and 'Monster In Me' would make a cute Winter single. 'More Than Words' could also fill that role.

It's crazy how many potential singles there are on this album. 'Motivate', 'American Boy', 'The Cure' and 'Love a Girl Right' would also be viable choices. Having said that, I do hope they take into account the fan favourites again like they did with GD; NMSS being chosen over obvious smash (yet objectively terrible) 'Oops' was such justice. Otherwise I can't see them opting for 'Forget You Not', given that it's a deluxe track.

+Quote this post
xan
post Nov 21 2018, 02:22 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 42,530
Single 3, February/March - April: Notice
Single 4, May - June/July (Performed on BGT): Wasabi
Single 5, July/August - September: Forget You Not

This post has been edited by xan: Nov 21 2018, 02:23 PM

+Quote this post
Mixxer
post Nov 21 2018, 06:43 PM
Post #11
Group icon
#SaveLoveGame
User: 23,178
1. Woman Like Me
2. Think About Us
3. The Cure (would prefer Strip but seems it'll stay a promo single :/ )
4. Monster in Me (grown on me a bit, but still not a fan, but I can see it working as a single)
5. Wasabi (remix) - perfect ending to an era, as this is bound to smash

+Quote this post
Brightest Blue
post Nov 21 2018, 07:00 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 23,155
01 Woman Like Me

Era over kink.gif

+Quote this post
Defaze
post Nov 21 2018, 07:49 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
QUOTE(Cqmerqn @ Nov 21 2018, 07:00 PM) *
01 Woman Like Me

Era over kink.gif

Have you actually bothered to listen to the album?

+Quote this post
MrLoverboy
post Nov 21 2018, 09:11 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 22,989
Mine would be the same as Joe.

+Quote this post
troylovesmusic
post Nov 21 2018, 09:55 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,179
1st Women Like Me
2nd Strip
3rd Think About Us
4th Monster In Me
5th Wasabi/Love A Girl Right/Joan Of Arc

+Quote this post
RobBot
post Nov 22 2018, 03:03 PM
Post #16
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117
01 Woman Like Me
02 Think About Us
03 The Cure
04 Joan Of Arc (remix featuring Stefflon Don or whoever the flavour of 2019 may be)

I don’t think eras really survive lasting 5 singles anymore when they’re as established as Little Mix.

+Quote this post
Slick
post Nov 22 2018, 11:32 PM
Post #17
Group icon
electric butterflies
Pronouns: he/him
User: 70
Single 3, February/March - April: The Cure
Single 4, May - June/July (Performed on BGT): Love A Girl Right
Single 5, July/August - September: Wasabi

Special mentions to Joan of Arc and More Than Words which could both be pretty huge singles.

+Quote this post
Defaze
post Nov 30 2018, 03:06 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
After sitting with the album for a few weeks, 'Monster In Me', 'Wasabi' and 'Forget You Not' still stand out as obvious choices. I reckon they'll definitely go for 'Wasabi' due to its streaming performance (and especially if they're canning 'Strip'), but I'm not convinced the other two will get released. They'll probably opt for 'The Cure' in terms of ballads, and obviously FYN is (inexplicably) a deluxe track. I hope I'm wrong, I really want them to continue their flawless singles streak.

+Quote this post
post Nov 30 2018, 03:30 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(Defaze @ Nov 30 2018, 03:06 PM) *
After sitting with the album for a few weeks, 'Monster In Me', 'Wasabi' and 'Forget You Not' still stand out as obvious choices. I reckon they'll definitely go for 'Wasabi' due to its streaming performance (and especially if they're canning 'Strip'), but I'm not convinced the other two will get released. They'll probably opt for 'The Cure' in terms of ballads, and obviously FYN is (inexplicably) a deluxe track. I hope I'm wrong, I really want them to continue their flawless singles streak.

I agree with you tbh. I can also see them releasing Told You So.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Nov 30 2018, 03:35 PM
Post #20
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
We need to point out to them that 'Super Bass' was a deluxe track and that it's ok to make 'Forget You Not' a single!!!

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:05 AM