BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Eastovka thread, 160: XiJaro & Pitch with Cari - Time
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Cow P
post 7th May 2023, 01:38 AM
Post #61
Group icon
Cowcow no Frieren
User: 127,479

152. Reality Club - Anything You Want

Results: DNQ (36th)

Semi Final voters:
08 Yobnedorica
07 Zanmatony
04 Jupiterdonia
01 Jandre, Vülkyria

This post has been edited by Cow P: 7th May 2023, 02:01 AM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Cow P
post 7th May 2023, 01:47 AM
Post #62
Group icon
Cowcow no Frieren

153. Feenixpawl, Sheco ft. Georgi Kay - Dreams

Results: DNQ (27th)

Semi Final voters:
08 D'yermak'er, Land of DW
07 Ben's Sanctuary
06 Harmonica
05 Spod
03 Thelonia
02 Bronzil

This post has been edited by Cow P: 7th May 2023, 02:01 AM

+Quote this post
Cow P
post 7th May 2023, 02:00 AM
Post #63
Group icon
Cowcow no Frieren

154. Ayra Starr - Sability

Results: 23rd

Semi Final voters:
10 St. Burbia, The Actual Republic of Bellamia
08 Sovarasma

06 Conoria, Skall
05 Niceland
04 Dobago, Kathaldazia
03 Florina, Greenfroze, POPHub, Quintessa
02 Utopia

Final voters:
18 Bøtanikkä
15 St. Burbia
13 The Actual Republic of Bellamia

12 Flynnonda, Lotunia, Sovarasma
11 République d'Áskorza
09 Niceland, Skall
08 Conoria
07 Dobago, Florina, Ingermanlandia, Persephonia
06 Zanmatony
05 Greenfroze
04 Cor Lupus, Quintessa
02 Danæviia
01 New Lexico, POPHub

+Quote this post
Cow P
post 7th May 2023, 02:44 AM
Post #64
Group icon
Cowcow no Frieren

Announcement:

First, I would like to thank all of everyone who have given supports to Eastovka's last 5 entries, especially for Whole Again and Sability, which resulted in reaching finals. Second, I would like to announce that I decide to go on hiatus for an undecided amount of time after next BJSC, so #155 would be my last one for a while. That doesn't mean that I won't be participating in other contests as I'm still interested in the upcoming PFSC and CB!

The next time I'm not participating, I would still be giving a listen to the 30-second Spotify preview and casting my support to any country that sends something that interests me.

Thank you for the attention and see you in the next contest!

Cow Cow

+Quote this post
Cow P
post 24th May 2023, 06:28 PM
Post #65
Group icon
Cowcow no Frieren

18. Wali - Yank (BJSC 155)

Meet the artists:

Wali:

Wali is an Indonesian Malay Pop band formed in Ciputat, South Tangerang, Indonesia in 1999. The band comprises vocalist Faank, guitarist Apoy, drummer Tomi, and keyboardist Ovie. The band has been billed as part of the "local creative pop" scene which incorporates the use of Malay pop rhythms in their songs.

Wali are known for their hit singles, such as "Cari Jodoh", "Dik", "Si Udin Bertanya" and "Baik Baik Sayang". The first album titled Orang Bilang (People Say), released in 2008.”

-Wikipedia-

Chart History

Wali
2023 34 Yank

0 x #1 | 0 x Top 5 | 0 x Top 10 | 0 x Top 20 | 1 x Top 40 | 1 x Top 75

Comments

”To end our participation streak, I am sending Malay pop by an Indonesian legendary band Wali, which is definitely new to Buzzjack. It was one of the songs that got massively played back in those days I had to access internet through a cyber cafe. "Yank" was one of the songs that went popular during the pandemic among the guitarist because of its guitar solo part.

Wali sounds completely unknown in the Eurovision radar, except the 2001 and 2006 Malta representation Fabrizio Faniello, for 3 of Wali songs were covered by him: I No Can Do (Cari Jodoh); My Heart Is Asking You (Baik-Baik Sayang); I Will Stand By You (Aku Bukan Bang Toyib).

If you somehow like it, please cast your votes at BJSC 155!"

-Cow Cow-

+Quote this post
awardinary
post 26th May 2023, 11:21 PM
Post #66
Group icon
Here to play, here to stay
Pronouns: he/him
User: 21,587

QUOTE(Cow P @ May 7 2023, 03:44 AM) *
Announcement:

First, I would like to thank all of everyone who have given supports to Eastovka's last 5 entries, especially for Whole Again and Sability, which resulted in reaching finals. Second, I would like to announce that I decide to go on hiatus for an undecided amount of time after next BJSC, so #155 would be my last one for a while. That doesn't mean that I won't be participating in other contests as I'm still interested in the upcoming PFSC and CB!

The next time I'm not participating, I would still be giving a listen to the 30-second Spotify preview and casting my support to any country that sends something that interests me.

Thank you for the attention and see you in the next contest!

Cow Cow

It will be sad to see you go Eastovka, you’ve been a personal highlight for me since joining, and I will be sad to see you but farewell. You can always return someday when you find some more great entries so remember to save any unique finds for a future contest!

Wishing you a pleasant and successful BJSC 155,

Your friends from Zanmatony. happy.gif

+Quote this post
Cow P
post 11th June 2023, 11:29 PM
Post #67
Group icon
Cowcow no Frieren

BREAKTIME

And that's the end of our participation streak. We would like to thank all of the countries that have supported our entries! heart.gif

Here are our votes in the final:

+18 Beaverdonia: Zach Witness - Love Divine (feat. General Levy)
+15 Lotunia: So Chanwhee - Tears
+13 Séyetana: The Cat Empire - Thunder Rumbles

+12 Greenfroze: Jean-Michel Blais - passepied
+11 Ojnoj: meltear - Tears Tail
+10 Taahino: CHEZ - FRIENDS (feat. State Champs)
+09 Hendinia: KEiiNO - RITMA
+08 Singerpurear: Pet Shop Boys - Burn (100th Anniversary Entry)
+07 Zanmatony: Cut Capers - Say What (Pisk Electro Swing Remix)
+06 Bronzil: MRD - Last Dance
+05 Yehesi: Goldband - Psycho
+04 Pestolia: Rafa Villalba - Chiquetere
+03 Trifoski: Ween - Transdermal Celebration
+02 Kathaldazia: yerbby - host
+01 Jadakissnia: Odd Nosdam - Kill Tone

Thanks to all who voted us in the semi-final:

10 Scotland 2
6 Trifoski, Suedeonia
5 Conoria
2 Zanmatony
1 Ultraviolenceland

Here is our recommendation from Wali Band:

+Quote this post
Cow P
post 11th June 2023, 11:31 PM
Post #68
Group icon
Cowcow no Frieren

QUOTE(awardinary @ May 27 2023, 06:21 AM) *
It will be sad to see you go Eastovka, you’ve been a personal highlight for me since joining, and I will be sad to see you but farewell. You can always return someday when you find some more great entries so remember to save any unique finds for a future contest!

Wishing you a pleasant and successful BJSC 155,

Your friends from Zanmatony. happy.gif
I considered 30 points for this entry as a decent results. happy.gif

Thank you for the massive supports, Zanmatony!

+Quote this post
Cow P
post 23rd October 2023, 06:33 PM
Post #69
Group icon
Cowcow no Frieren

158. Ilse DeLange - Confetti Shotgun

Results: 35th

Semi Final voters:
10 Singerpurear
08 Greenfroze, Ben's Sanctuary

07 Yobnedorica
06 FARC
04 Zanmatony, Ultraviolenceland
03 Ojnoj, Lotunia

Final voters:
18 Lookylion
13 Singerpurear, Conoria

11 Danæviia, Yobnedorica
09 Altyr Muunilinst,
07 New Lexico, Ramrynia, FSR Rontvia, Greenfroze, Ultraviolenceland
06 Zanmatony
04 Sovarasma
03 Lotunia, Cor Lupus, Taahino, Kluminican Republic
02 République d'Áskorza

+Quote this post
Cow P
post 23rd October 2023, 10:17 PM
Post #70
Group icon
Cowcow no Frieren

20. LONGMAN - spiral (BJSC 159)

”Hiroya Hirai, who was in charge of the music, said that he imagined the scene depicted in the climax of the 23rd episode of the first season, in which Rudeus Greyrat stands up and walks away after being abandoned by Eris, and created the song so that it could flow there. He was influenced by the previous themes composed by Yuiko Ōhara in the first season. After composing the song, the band received a call from Ohara herself who was surprised by "Spiral". At first Hirai was thinking of submitting two songs, but in the end he ended up creating six songs, brushing up on three of them, narrowing it down to two, and submitting it. That is why he chose "spiral." Hirai was on tour and had a tight schedule while making this, but it was exciting for him. It was a period where the band were able to produce such good songs that even the five songs that were rejected made us wish we could release them in a different form. Besides the feelings of Rudeus, Hirai wanted to generalise hikikomori* and relate to them through the lyrics. Some phrases like "The map I drew" were based on his own worldview.”
-Wikipedia, as reported by animate Times-

*Hikikomori (Japanese: ひきこもり or 引きこもり、 lit. "pulling inward, being confined"), also known as severe social withdrawal, is total withdrawal from society and seeking extreme degrees of social isolation and confinement.

Meet the artists:

LONGMAN:

”LONGMAN is a 3-piece melodic pop-punk band from Ehime Prefecture, consisting of the vocalist and bassist Yoriki Sawa, guitarist and vocalist Hirai Hiroya, and drummer Horikawa Yuki. They were formed in 2012 from a music circle at Matsuyama University. The name of their group was taken from the Longman English-Japanese Dictionary.

LONGMAN is pretty well known for their anime soundtracks for Boruto: Naruto Next Generations, Love All Play, and Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation.”

-J-Pop Wiki and MyAnimeList-

Chart History

LONGMAN
2023 01 spiral

1 x #1 | 1 x Top 5 | 1 x Top 10 | 1 x Top 20 | 1 x Top 40 | 1 x Top 75

Comments

”After listening to it at least 12 times in the anime Mushoku Tensei, I’ve realised that this song is very deep for me. The lyrics hit me a lot, and I almost cried listening to the song while reading the translations, as they are just so relatable. The music video itself also drew on the situations of the main character of the anime before he died and got reincarnated. I believe the song deserves to be in the ‘top 25 all-time anime song conversation’. I was happy I discovered Mushoku Tensei earlier this year, so I could share this 20th entry with you. If you like it, please vote for Eastovka."
-Cow Cow-

This post has been edited by Cow-aki: 24th October 2023, 02:31 AM

+Quote this post
Cow P
post 13th November 2023, 08:26 AM
Post #71
Group icon
Cowcow no Frieren

WHAT'S NEXT?

Last contest's results meant that our first three J-Pop entries became flops. We were honestly disappointed with it, so we decided to pull our generic formula for the next contest.

Stay tuned!

Here are our votes in the final:

+18 11 Séyetana // Blackbriar \\ Fairy Of The Bog
+15 25 FSR Rontvia // The Rhythm Method \\ Please Don't Die
+13 36 Bøtanikkä // U96 \\ Das Boot

+12 33 The Spodic Empire // Neutral Milk Hotel \\ Two-Headed Boy
+11 9 Republic of Adonia // Minnie Riperton \\ Les Fleur
+10 40 Summericia // Blutengel \\ You Walk Away
+09 14 Terra Avium // films \\ into the vervet storm
+08 4 Danæviia // BLACKSHAPE \\ ITIIITIATIIHYLIHYL
+07 31 Rolloland // Marillion \\ Gaza
+06 6 Wholune // The Beths \\ When You Know You Know
+05 13 Lookylion // Stefanie Joosten \\ Tryouts For The Human Race (feat. Giorgio Moroder)
+04 7 Beaverdonia // Anilah \\ The Loom
+03 1 Altyr Muunilinst // WARGASM \\ Modern Love
+02 42 Bronzil // Mozey \\ Tell Me
+01 28 Quintessa // Fanera \\ Euforija

Thanks to all who have voted us in the semi-final:

07 Séyetana
06 Flynnonda
04 Pestolia
01 Cadelicia

Here are our recommendations from the artist involved:

+Quote this post
Cow P
post 19th November 2023, 09:56 PM
Post #72
Group icon
Cowcow no Frieren

21. XiJaro & Pitch with Cari - Time (BJSC 160)

”When it comes to the pure uplifting sound that every trance lover cherishes, Anthony and Xander shine bright. As the dynamic DJ duo, XiJaro and Pitch, they have spent nearly a decade captivating their fans' emotions and enthralling the crowd with their exceptional music. Their partnership represents perfect harmony, as each member brings distinct strengths to the production of their sound. Anthony is virtuoso at creating catchy melodies that resonate deeply with their listeners. On the other hand, Xander excels in mixing and mastering, ensuring their tracks reach their full potential.

Throughout the numerous events held worldwide, Anthony is often found behind the decks, passionately delivering his artistry to the audience. Despite his eyesight and hearing challenges, his performances on stage, marked by his lively dance and infectious smiles, leave a lasting impression on the crowd. This was also one of the reasons why the duo's Twitch channel witnessed a significant surge during the pandemic. It continued to thrive, attracting devoted fans through XiJaro and Pitch's "Open Minds Live" sets.

What began as the Chasing Dreams podcast has now blossomed into a wonderful compilation in collaboration with Black Hole Recordings. This compilation features exclusive tracks by talented artists, with three singles already released. "Chasing Dreams," "Invisible" featuring Adara, and "Heart" with Ava Silver - it becomes a delightful dilemma to pick the finest among them.

Added to the excitement, the much-anticipated fourth single from #ChasingDreams has finally been released. Entitled "Time," this heartfelt track features lovely voice of Cari. It took two years of dedicated effort to craft this musical masterpiece, but the wait was worthwhile. Cari's enchanting vocals and breathtaking lyrics infuse the song with profound emotional depth. "Time" holds deep personal significance for both XiJaro and Pitch, as well as Cari, as it delves into the struggle of coping with the absence of loved ones, while hoping for healing with time.”
-Black Hole Recordings-

Meet the artists:

XiJaro & Pitch:

”XiJaro & Pitch are the trance music producer/DJ duo of Xander van Dommelen and Anthony Reyers. Formed in 2014, they are best known as the musical minds behind dozens of spine-tingling, uplifting releases on some of the most prestigious labels in trance and also as the creators of the weekly show “Open Minds Live”, which is currently taking the Twitch trance community by storm. Most notably their work has already seen them be hand-picked by Armin van Buuren for his famous “A State Of Trance” mix compilation as well as landing them the opportunity to play at the coveted Luminosity Beach Festival.”
-Spotify-

Cari:

”There aren’t many voices that are as recognizable as Cari’s. Collaborating with the most talented producers in electronic dance music (Armin van Buuren, Ruben de Ronde, Giuseppe Ottaviani, RAM, Alexander Popov, Roman Messer, Somna, Steve Allen and many more) Cari has earned her spot on the scene.

When Cari (Carina Meeuwig) was born she was destined to become a musician. As a child, ever since she was tall enough to reach the piano keys, Cari taught herself to play, mostly classical and pop music. Raised in a family with wide musical tastes she discovered house music and later trance music; a new love-for-life was born. She started toying around with several producing programs to create her own tracks on which she wrote lyrics and sang with her characteristic voice. This voice was soon to be discovered by other producers. Cari's first collaboration in 2015 also meant her big breakthrough, with the song called 'Be A Dreamer', together with Denis Kenzo. It was immediately picked up by Armin van Buuren and supported several times in his radio show 'A State Of Trance'. Also it was voted in the 'ASOT top 50' that year. After this, many collaborations followed, giving Cari the opportunity to really develop her style which can best be described as magical melodies with inspiring lyrics and catchy hooks.

One of the landmarks in Cari's career is her collaboration with Armin van Buuren under his 'Rising Star' moniker. In 'The Voice' Cari expresses her love for classical music integrating a choir of harmonic opera- like singing. Together with Armin's full force drop it became an unforgettable record.

Since Cari started out she's definitely here to stay, because there's nothing she enjoys more than to write, produce and perform her music as she continues to move fans across the globe!”

-Spotify-

Chart History

XiJaro & Pitch
2021 09 In Our Blood (Binary Finary, Kinetica ft. Audrey Gallagher; XiJaro & Pitch Remix)
2022 12 Rescue Me (XiJaro & Pitch, Clara Yates)
2022 22 Love Is A Drug (ilan Bluestone ft. Giuseppe De Luca; XiJaro & Pitch Remix)
2023 15 Such This Life (Rank 1 ft. Shanokee; XiJaro & Pitch Remix)
2023 01 Time (XiJaro & Pitch, Cari)

1 x #1 | 1 x Top 5 | 2 x Top 10 | 4 x Top 20 | 5 x Top 40 | 5 x Top 75

Cari
2022 04 Just A Call Away (Boris Foong, Cari)
2023 10 What Matters (RAM, Cari)
2023 32 The Journey (Alessandra Roncone, Cari)
2023 01 Time (XiJaro & Pitch, Cari)

1 x #1 | 2 x Top 5 | 3 x Top 10 | 3 x Top 20 | 4 x Top 40 | 4 x Top 75

Comments

”I have no comments. What in my head is “Let’s just send another 138 BPM trance like 'Orihime' with a recycled vocalist and see what happens.” Hope you guys like it as much as me putting the song in my number one ASOT song."
-Cow Cow-

This post has been edited by Cow P: 19th November 2023, 09:56 PM

+Quote this post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 04:37 PM