BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
17 Pages V  « < 15 16 17  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The X Factor ● Series 13 ● Live Show 2, Motown week
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Cameron
post 16th October 2016, 09:41 PM
Post #321
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061

Yeah, regarding Freddie, you don't need to state your sexuality on TV. Why does it matter?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 16th October 2016, 09:43 PM
Post #322
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

Yass Honey G Anaconda!!

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 16th October 2016, 10:02 PM
Post #323
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

QUOTE(Cameron @ Oct 16 2016, 10:41 PM) *
Yeah, regarding Freddie, you don't need to state your sexuality on TV. Why does it matter?

I 100% agree with this, his sexuality is nobody's business but his own, although sadly it does appear that if he actually is gay, the producers are trying to cover it up (see: his fact card having Ariana as his "weird crush" and the changing of gender references in last week's song). It's a shame if that's the case really sad.gif

Michael - performers are Shawn Mendes heart.gif and CHART SAVIOUR John Legend

+Quote this post
Tombo
post 16th October 2016, 10:06 PM
Post #324
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,543

QUOTE(Cameron @ Oct 16 2016, 10:41 PM) *

But why does he need to hide it? Maybe if he'd been open, I would have had more respect for him.

I don't get why he changed the lyrics of Killing Me Softly either. Is he trying to appeal to a teen girl demographic that can clearly see through his act?

This post has been edited by Tombo: 16th October 2016, 10:07 PM

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 16th October 2016, 10:07 PM
Post #325
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

QUOTE(Tombo @ Oct 16 2016, 11:06 PM) *
But why does he need to hide it? Maybe if he'd been open, I would have had more respect for him.

He could be coming to terms with it himself, or he could actually not even be gay ....

I really don't understand why you care or why it would make you gain more respect for him? Baffling and bizarre opinion.

+Quote this post
Cameron
post 16th October 2016, 10:15 PM
Post #326
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061

Yeah, i agree with Jack. Basically, who really cares? He doesn't need to remind us of being gay every week. He could literally be like 'my boyfriend came to see me this week, its great to see him again' instead of being like 'being gay is really hard for me in the contest *cries*'

It's his life, his business. He is out the competition now so it is irrelevant.

+Quote this post
Noahspike
post 16th October 2016, 10:21 PM
Post #327
Group icon
There's a frisbee in my brunch
User: 19,860

Completely agreed with Jack re: Freddy. Sad to see speculating about and judging people based on their sexuality is still a thing.

QUOTE(Ryan. @ Oct 16 2016, 10:14 PM) *
It shouldn't be a new name for her though, she first met Saara at bootcamp over three months ago! And she should have been working with her multiple times a week for the last month, it was either a joke in very poor taste or just spiteful.

I'm convinced Sharon had no part in the decision of who to take through, even at judges houses she didn't seem to be a fan of Saara. Now it seems like she's taking out the fact the producers forced Saara on her on Saara herself when that isn't fair.

It seemed to me that she genuinely forgot her name, as indefensible as that is! She had panicked eyes from the beginning of the intro and fluffed another bit, so unless she's a skilled actress I think she was caught off-guard and desperately racking her brain for Saara's name throughout. Clearly she takes next to no interest in the mentoring side of the show, which is pretty obnoxious given the obscene amount she's paid!

Glad Saara was saved again, much as Freddy's been slowly growing on me. I still don't get where he'd fit market wise or what kind of music he'd make so wasn't surprised to see him succumb to the death slot. Pleasantly surprised Ryan's struggling though - nothing about him is remotely interesting but I'd expected his fanbase to easily carry him through a few more weeks. Chuffed for Relley and Gifty sailing through unscathed, with the former giving my favourite performance for the second week in a row. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Noahspike: 16th October 2016, 10:31 PM

+Quote this post
Tombo
post 16th October 2016, 10:25 PM
Post #328
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Cameron @ Oct 16 2016, 11:15 PM) *
Yeah, i agree with Jack. Basically, who really cares? He doesn't need to remind us of being gay every week. He could literally be like 'my boyfriend came to see me this week, its great to see him again' instead of being like 'being gay is really hard for me in the contest *cries*'

It's his life, his business. He is out the competition now so it is irrelevant.

Homosexuality is still not even comfortably expressed on X Factor. When Saara's family and partner were invited to see her, her SISTER was taken out for a daytrip rather than her girlfriend/wife and the only time I saw her sexuality acknowledged was during Lorraine. Even in 2016 it seems to be radical to speak about it on television.

He just comes across as clearly gay though so I don't get why he would hide it.

+Quote this post
Martyn
post 16th October 2016, 10:29 PM
Post #329
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 66

QUOTE(Tombo @ Oct 16 2016, 11:25 PM) *
Homosexuality is still not even comfortably expressed on X Factor. When Saara's family and partner were invited to see her, her SISTER was taken out for a daytrip rather than her girlfriend/wife and the only time I saw her sexuality acknowledged was during Lorraine. Even in 2016 it seems to be radical to speak about it on television.

He just comes across as clearly gay though so I don't get why he would hide it.

I am assuming it is the producers rather than the acts themselves.

+Quote this post
Tombo
post 16th October 2016, 10:47 PM
Post #330
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Martyn @ Oct 16 2016, 11:29 PM) *
I am assuming it is the producers rather than the acts themselves.

But why? We had Bratavio this year and we have had acts like Rylan and Lucy Spraggan who have openly acknowledged their sexuality.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 16th October 2016, 11:00 PM
Post #331
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

The right person left tonight, i didnt rate Freddie and was shocked he got through to the live shows in the first place. Poor Zara, again she did not deserve bottom 2 and her sing off performance yet again was excellent. Its hard for contestants who dont have a region behind them, it was the same for Ruth Lorenzo for the first few weeks but then she startied getting support after the first 3-4 weeks.

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 16th October 2016, 11:41 PM
Post #332
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835

With regarding the who Freddie sexuality thing it does not matter at all anyway but I am glad he is not like shouting from the high heavens he is gay (not that is a problem of course) but its nice to see a singer who isn't defined by their sexuality and can be who they want to be, be it straight or gay. He could be coming to terms too for all we know but the bottom line is he is a very relatable and talented guy why does who they have sexual attraction too matter.

+Quote this post
RosaParksMyCar
post 16th October 2016, 11:44 PM
Post #333
Group icon
Creole Lady Mayonnaise
User: 16,548

omg its like gaga never existed for some people

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 17th October 2016, 12:51 AM
Post #334
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Whether we're going to make a social commentary about low key homophobic Britain in 2016, it still doesn't matter if a contestant is gay or not laugh.gif This isn't some dating show or Big Brother where you want to get to know life stories and form opinions of the intricate details of someone's identity and personality... Yes it's nice to have those tidbits but I'm actually glad Freddie just focused on the singing, I wish more people would. I don't give two shits about Ryan and Emily's relationship or that guy who moaned about dyslexia for example, it's nice to have a little VT with a bit of personality but they are there to sing and follow their dreams at the end of the day, not to indulge the nosy public in knowing every little detail of their lives.

+Quote this post
Regina
post 17th October 2016, 07:51 AM
Post #335
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572

OMG camp doesn't mean gay 😂 I mean Max Greenfield is camp as anything but is straight.
Even if he is gay, it doesn't affect his singing.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 17th October 2016, 07:55 AM
Post #336
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed

QUOTE(JosephStyles @ Oct 16 2016, 10:02 PM) *
I 100% agree with this, his sexuality is nobody's business but his own, although sadly it does appear that if he actually is gay, the producers are trying to cover it up (see: his fact card having Ariana as his "weird crush" and the changing of gender references in last week's song). It's a shame if that's the case really sad.gif

Michael - performers are Shawn Mendes heart.gif and CHART SAVIOUR John Legend

Oh. Oh no. mellow.gif

But I listened to that GOD AWFUL!! Little Mix non-performsnce snd Jeez Louise it was shet!! The song is Spice Girls-lite cheese with vocals more ropey than a dominatrix boudello, and the performance itself a cheese fest!! How people can say it's a singing competition when acts like Littlw Mix who can't hold a single not eon I do not know!!

So even beige wonders next week should be better.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 17th October 2016, 07:58 AM
Post #337
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed

QUOTE(Noahspike @ Oct 16 2016, 10:21 PM) *
Completely agreed with Jack re: Freddy. Sad to see speculating about and judging people based on their sexuality is still a thing.
It seemed to me that she genuinely forgot her name, as indefensible as that is! She had panicked eyes from the beginning of the intro and fluffed another bit, so unless she's a skilled actress I think she was caught off-guard and desperately racking her brain for Saara's name throughout. Clearly she takes next to no interest in the mentoring side of the show, which is pretty obnoxious given the obscene amount she's paid!

Glad Saara was saved again, much as Freddy's been slowly growing on me. I still don't get where he'd fit market wise or what kind of music he'd make so wasn't surprised to see him succumb to the death slot. Pleasantly surprised Ryan's struggling though - nothing about him is remotely interesting but I'd expected his fanbase to easily carry him through a few more weeks. Chuffed for Relley and Gifty sailing through unscathed, with the former giving my favourite performance for the second week in a row. biggrin.gif

What type of name is Gifty!! laugh.gif

Also lmao at Sharon Osbourne!! No two flyin fooks given! No wonder she just let in whoever the producers wanted.

+Quote this post

17 Pages V  « < 15 16 17
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 04:40 PM