BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Beyoncé on the cover of Vogue US, September Issue
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Theonix
post Aug 7 2018, 10:07 AM
Post #1
Group icon
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
User: 8,661

Beyoncé is on the cover of US Vogue's September issue sporting a very similar look to the one that Rihanna recently revealed...

She's also written the cover article herself. It's a very personal account of the last couple of years, especially regarding the birth of the twins and her ancestry. The section about the OTR II show in Berlin is so powerful:

"One of the most memorable moments for me on the On the Run II tour was the Berlin show at Olympiastadion, the site of the 1936 Olympics. This is a site that was used to promote the rhetoric of hate, racism, and divisiveness, and it is the place where Jesse Owens won four gold medals, destroying the myth of white supremacy. Less than 90 years later, two black people performed there to a packed, sold-out stadium. When Jay and I sang our final song, we saw everyone smiling, holding hands, kissing, and full of love. To see such human growth and connection—I live for those moments."

Read the article here. More photos from her shoot are here.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post Aug 7 2018, 03:58 PM
Post #2
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835
She looks STUNNING. I will have to read that article later.

+Quote this post
SGrey
post Aug 8 2018, 08:23 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,182
She looks incredible! wub.gif

+Quote this post
SGrey
post Aug 8 2018, 08:25 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,182
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-45082773

Brief mention about her ancestry and heritage in this article as well!

+Quote this post
Dexton
post Aug 11 2018, 02:34 PM
Post #5
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045
That is a really interesting read wow ohmy.gif The entire article is quite revealing but this part hit me the most:

"I come from a lineage of broken male-female relationships, abuse of power, and mistrust. Only when I saw that clearly was I able to resolve those conflicts in my own relationship. Connecting to the past and knowing our history makes us both bruised and beautiful.

I researched my ancestry recently and learned that I come from a slave owner who fell in love with and married a slave. I had to process that revelation over time. I questioned what it meant and tried to put it into perspective. I now believe it’s why God blessed me with my twins. Male and female energy was able to coexist and grow in my blood for the first time. I pray that I am able to break the generational curses in my family and that my children will have less complicated lives."

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 07:31 AM