BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 'The Boy', Lauren Cohan stars in this horror.
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post Oct 14 2015, 11:01 PM
Post #1
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

Couldn't make it all the way through the trailer. Dolls are a BIG NO-NO for me. laugh.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Oliver
post Oct 15 2015, 06:24 PM
Post #2
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 15,367

That is one of the creepiest dolls I've ever seen. sick2.gif

+Quote Post
Botchia
post Mar 2 2016, 08:20 PM
Post #3
I Drink Wine
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 21,753
   No Gallery Pics

This is such an odd one. I didn't think there were enough scary moments throughout, however I think the doll made up for it since dolls are generally just very creepy. The twist was so good though! I kind of expected a 'someone else in the house' resolution, but for some reason I thought it was the parents who for some reason wanted to mess with her a bit NOT Brahms himself! It had potential to be a lot better, but it was just quite average as horror movies go.

+Quote Post
JackTheeStallion
post Mar 24 2016, 12:37 AM
Post #4
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 223

I was surprised and disappointed in how BORING this was. It was very cliche and generic much like recent horrors such as The Forest and The Other Side Of The Door sad.gif.

I liked the twist and the ending, but it isn't something I would go back to.

+Quote Post
Alex!
post Mar 25 2016, 02:20 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 10,983
   No Gallery Pics

I actually really enjoyed this. The twist was something I did not expect at all!

+Quote Post
Insomnio
post Oct 15 2016, 08:18 AM
Post #6
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 10,742
   No Gallery Pics

"The Boy" is a horror film that premiered in my country's cinemas in the last days of January. "The Boy" was displayed for many consecutive weeks and it was very successful at the domestic Box Office! The Greek public always prefers the creepy stories judging by the total receipts of these films. However, in this case it seemed that world of mouth played a catatlytic role because the movie was released during the Oscar Season and the competition was very strong.
The film develops in a mansion located in a secluded area of ​​the English province. An American babysitter will go to get a job there but she will discover a surprise. That surprise is that the 8-year old child in the family, called Brahms, is a porcelain doll. While initially it would seem the whole situation strange and funny, she will undertake the "custody" of the doll in order to escape from her dark past. When the elderly parents of Brahms leave for vacations, Greta will stay completely all alone with the doll. However, the acquaintance with Malcolm, the lad who delivers food at home, will play a key role as he will give her valuable information about this curious case. In the meantime, however, both of them will witness mysterious events. "The Boy" is based on a clever script idea -you realize it only if you see the movie- that keeps your interest from beginning to end. It had atmospheric directing, elaborate montage and jumpscares scenes. Stacey Menear wrote the script of the film while William Brent Bell was the one who was carrying it on the big screen. The protagonist of the film is the beautiful Lauren Cohan, who was very convincing in her role while quite good was her co-star, Rupert Evans.
"The Boy" is definitely one of the best horror movies I've seen in recent years. It was not too scary but it was so well filmed that you can not understand what is happening inside the house. Frankly I was thrilled with the development of its plot and I would highly recommend it to everyone. Although it did not win the best reviews, the film managed to have very satisfactory earnings in the Worldwide Box Office!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:03 AM