BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

18 Pages V  « < 16 17 18  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> ⬛ FINAL RESULTS ⬛, ◼️ 1 5 1 ◼️
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
uhsting
post 2nd February 2023, 12:29 AM
Post #341
Group icon
SCREAMING. CRYING. THROWING UP. 😭😭
Pronouns: he/they
User: 77,363

Oh my god!! It's a new highest position to begin the year yasss w00t.gif w00t.gif Thanks Dan, Lewis, Jake(?) and Pav for the 18 points!!! Marvellous hosting from Haus! I'm really surprised at the support of pop bloc this edition... I think the most this edition!

Congrats Summericia! It's a great winner, while Suedonia is a highly inspired retro track which is catchy and I didn't expect to see it come 2nd! Hendinia got my kiss of top 10 death again after hyping his pop entry oops x kink.gif Next edition we're coming to win again!!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Brer
post 2nd February 2023, 12:51 AM
Post #342
Group icon
stick my flag in the dirt, watch it blow
User: 8,300

Suedeonia's song was only released a couple of months ago! (although not too surprised to learn it's a cover of an older track - giving a listen to the original now, I am still enjoying it but agreed that Levellers' version is better anyway, not quite as keen on the vocals on the original and it's a little lower energy in general).

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 2nd February 2023, 12:53 AM
Post #343
Group icon
SCREAMING. CRYING. THROWING UP. 😭😭
Pronouns: he/they
User: 77,363

ohmy.gif lemme add it to my playlist then x

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 2nd February 2023, 01:03 AM
Post #344
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

Congrats Roba, unfortunately yet another winner that missed my votes, but not by much, it had some really interesting vibes to it. Great to see Suedeonia behind it though, that was a clear highlight of this contest and I'm really pleased so many others thought so.

Bal, excellent hosting, I really enjoyed the commitment put into it and the stylising of this contest and working around site outages and such is all really impressive.

god I'm glad Skall and Eledan got their votes in, I figured they'd be among my strongest supporters but that was over a third of my points there! I honestly thought "Déconstruction" would have a far wider appeal than that, but thank you to those that did really enjoy it, I barely gained ANY voters from Semi 2 even after scraping through Semi 1 so I guess that's a really lucky qualifier in retrospect even though I was very confident throughout, there's such a great power in its build. Seeing Utopia and Persephonia in the bottom 5 with me is also really unfortunate to see, my votes were so dominated by semi 1 that outside of my 18 to Jadakissnia, 5 to Aeroche and 1 to Askorza, those two were nearly the only qualifiers from semi 2 I was on board with - what on earth was up with that semi xx

anyway, on to my next plan to wrestle voters into voting for me

+Quote this post
*Ben*
post 2nd February 2023, 04:45 AM
Post #345
Group icon
Chart Chat Slave
User: 275

Congrats Rob for a back to back win. That‘s quite an achievement! ohmy.gif gold.gif

+Quote this post
Cow P
post 2nd February 2023, 08:43 AM
Post #346
Group icon
Shikanokonokonoko Koshitantan
User: 127,479

Congratulations for the B2B win, Roba! I still prefer your previous winning entry though. Talking about the artist you sent, one of my possible next entry might be a band that had Iqbal as one of their former members. happy.gif

Very pleased to see Suedeonia finishing 2nd and Jadakissnia 5 points behind the top 10 too.

Such a shame we dropped to the bottom 10 during the last point revelations. However, we're glad we still got several appreciations. Thanks for voting, Wardy, Mack, WoW, Kingdom of Horanius, Rollo, Lewis, Ben, Joop, Riser, Jake, Dobbo, Cody, Popchartfreak, Uhsting, Pete, Frank, diva the muffin, and Freeze!

Thanks HAL for the hosting!

+Quote this post
Silas
post 2nd February 2023, 11:46 AM
Post #347
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

Highly enjoyable contest, thanks for hosting Bal and congrats to Rob on your double win!

Lot of Rd‘Á votes from countries that don’t typically send us points which was really nice to see! Thanks all, glad to send something y’all enjoyed!

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 2nd February 2023, 12:34 PM
Post #348
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376

All caught up now, sorry I missed it live I was down by the river 'O'! Thanks for the fab 2001 hosting Bal, and congrats to Rob, Simon and Kath for the medal slots!

+Quote this post
Doomsday Dong
post 2nd February 2023, 02:25 PM
Post #349
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

This is a DISGRACE

Brer had the best song in the contest, and it has been revealed to me, through a series of Ayahuasca visions, that it MASSIVELY FLOPPED, being just 3 points off the YEAR END BOTTOM THREE!!

INCREDIBLE!!! A YUUUGE MASSIVE BOP BEING JUST THREE POINTS SHY FROM THE LOWEST THREE OF THE YEAR?!

I CANNOT EVEN

WHAT EVEN IS THIS ... TASTE?!

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 2nd February 2023, 03:15 PM
Post #350
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835

Thanks for all the love for RHODES. I am so happy with 28th tbh a lot better than i thought. I got a couple of medal points from D'yermak'er and singer which im so happy about but also very happy with the points i got.

Fantastic winner from Summercia, loved their song so much. Well deserved.

Séyetana and FARC did not deserve bottom 2.

Flawless hosting as expected Bal thanks for the fun contest 💙

+Quote this post
Brer
post 2nd February 2023, 03:48 PM
Post #351
Group icon
stick my flag in the dirt, watch it blow
User: 8,300

QUOTE(Amanda Hugginkis @ Feb 2 2023, 02:25 PM) *
This is a DISGRACE

Brer had the best song in the contest, and it has been revealed to me, through a series of Ayahuasca visions, that it MASSIVELY FLOPPED, being just 3 points off the YEAR END BOTTOM THREE!!

INCREDIBLE!!! A YUUUGE MASSIVE BOP BEING JUST THREE POINTS SHY FROM THE LOWEST THREE OF THE YEAR?!

I CANNOT EVEN

WHAT EVEN IS THIS ... TASTE?!

Omg THIS! DISGRYIACE! Cannae believe mah sang should have won but was held back by Jonas' signed CDs and ended up finishing bottom 3 like 4th-6th from last :/

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 2nd February 2023, 05:38 PM
Post #352
Group icon
baddest of them all
User: 6,764

Am lost for words! I can't believe the queen K came 3rd! BJSC voters to win Hero of the Month poll tbh heart.gif

+Quote this post
WoW73
post 2nd February 2023, 08:04 PM
Post #353
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 93,211

Thanks to our wonderful host, and congratulations to the winner, and other medalists!

I had hoped Maan and her boyfriend Karel would do a bit better, but am pleased some of you enjoyed it! See you all next round!

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 2nd February 2023, 08:31 PM
Post #354
Group icon
User: 13,007

Posting here as Haus now finally, not HAL kink.gif Thank you all for the kind words for the contest - I was initially v nervous about undertaking the task especially while moving house, but it turned out to be great fun and I loved every second of it.

I loved the music too - so many stand out moments. A huge congrats to Rob - the song has grown on me massively as I saw the votes coming in and deciding to check it out again. Well done wub.gif

I hope you all enjoyed the contest and now I am hyped for 152! cheer.gif

+Quote this post
awardinary
post 3rd February 2023, 12:26 AM
Post #355
Group icon
Here to play, here to stay
Pronouns: he/him
User: 21,587

Sorry for the lack of engagement from me on the results night, but a huge thanks to the 16 different people who gave Zanmatony points in BJSC 151, especially Harmonica for the unexpected gold medal! I genuinely did not make any real effort with the find for this contest, and it was a very surprising result, but I am glad many of you enjoyed the nostalgic trip and thank you so much for the semi-final voters who helped me finish 6th! ohmy.gif

A big thanks to our host HAL who put in an inspired presentation, and it will be remembered for the BuzzJack award honors at the end of this year I am sure! biggrin.gif

Congratulations to our friends from Summericia for a consecitive vistory, clearly everyone is trying desperately to keep you in the competition so you get no rest! tongue.gif

+Quote this post
Riser
post 3rd February 2023, 12:35 AM
Post #356
Group icon
The horrors persist, but so do I
User: 19,534

Congrats Rob! Always impressive for an AQ to win and obviously back-to-back wins is amazing ohmy.gif Equally amazing result for Suedeonia, 2nd is way above and beyond what I expected for their song, even as much as I love it! Also very happy for Kathaldazia even though I couldn't fit 'Out Of Luck' in my votes, and Sovarasma as high as 6th is also a major but very welcome surprise!

Justice for Conoria, Bhangra, and Ben's Sanctuary, none of which deserved bottom 10 or anywhere near, but all three were brilliant discoveries so thank you for sending them <3

Thanks Bal for hosting, I've never watched 2001: A Space Odyssey but I can still appreciate a well-executed theme *.*

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 3rd February 2023, 10:09 AM
Post #357
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

Many congrats Rob!

+Quote this post

18 Pages V  « < 16 17 18