BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
9 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Real Housewives Of…, Including other Bravo/HAYU Series
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Aaron.
post 11th August 2020, 03:53 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,245

I was hoping to inspire a few of you to check out some Bravo shows - yes, Bravo and the Housewives may not have the best reputation, but Bravo has really stepped up in the last few years to address very sensitive issues.

At the moment, one of the biggest storylines is on Below Deck Mediterranean. I was actually going to post a HUGE kudos to this show for having three ladies leading this show, a Female Captain, Bosun and Chef Stewardess. Very uncommon in the Yachting Community. However, things have taken a nosedive this season with Captain Sandy at the helm. A previous season of Below Deck also addressed a very toxic, male driven environment causing multiple terminations. Vanderpump Rules has also exited several of their cast members after racial incidents.

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/ne...drugs-on-board/

I have yet to see last nights episode, but after airing, this has exploded online. I checked about 12 hours after the episode aired, and Malia had over 5,000 Comments on her Instagram. All very negative. She has now removed the ability to comment on specific posts and has deleted her Twitter account.

Again - hoping to uncover a few potential Bravo Fans, or even get some new fans on a few of these shows!

This post has been edited by Aaron.: 3rd January 2023, 05:18 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
StupidLove
post 12th August 2020, 12:06 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 104,307

I'm glad someone's posted this!

I only watch Housewives on Bravo but still cheer.gif

Potomac is KILLING IT but it's been top tier Housewives since season 3 so it's no surprise and this seems to be the most hyped/talked about season yet.

Beverly Hills is still strong, even if there are filler episodes here and there. I'm excited for Rinna vs Denise and the reunion.

As for New York, it needs a major overhaul. It's so repetitive. The only redeeming quality is Leah and Luann.

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 12th August 2020, 04:32 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif
I was exclusively Housewives and Vanderpump Rules, but my friend got me into the last 3 seasons of Below Deck. It's a great show, just even for the travel and scenery... but the situation that's going on now with Below Deck Med now has me completely turned off. It's actually pretty disgusting.

I adore Potomac - it was actually my first ever Housewives franchise. So many people are sleeping on it, but I need to see what's happening with Monique and Candice. It could be something completely groundbreaking.

BH - Here for Denise, Sutton, Garcelle and Dorit is having an amazing season. Going off Rinna a bit... but she always pushes the narrative so well.

Agreed on New York, I need to see LuAnn's Cabaret show post COVID. I'm so proud of her that she's been able to make it work. She's really turned things around for herself.
Sonja Morgan is probably one of my favorite housewives of all time, probably because I feel that I'd have the BEST time with her.. but, unfortunately I think she's gone as far as she can on this show. The drinking is out of control this season, it needs to be addressed on the Reunion.
I'd also love for them to bring back someone (NOT BETHENNY). I'm thinking Heather - I'd love to see her back.. even in just a consistent 'Friend Of' role.
But New York out of all the franchises is my favorite, I'm going back and re-watching again, I however just got to the really toxic Jill/Bethenny relationship and the episode where Jill shows up on the trip unannounced. Really uncomfortable to watch, so cringe!

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 14th August 2020, 12:48 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

RHONY: *.* Leah and LuAnn on the prowl. Brought me back to the Heather/LuAnn "Be Cool, Don't Be All... Uncool"

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 25th August 2020, 02:22 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

RHONY: Dorinda announced her exit today after 6 Seasons

https://tvline.com/2020/08/25/dorinda-medle...full-statement/

Dorinda was absolutely instrumental for bringing the franchise to where it is, but probably a good time for her to leave.

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 31st August 2020, 03:10 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

I can't breathe

+Quote this post
TheSnake
post 31st August 2020, 06:53 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Say that hiss with your chest, and...
User: 23,308

Bravo used to be a channel in the UK focusing on TV programmes about cars mostly iirc. How different the US Bravo is!

+Quote this post
*Tim
post 6th September 2020, 06:45 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Bitch of t seet
User: 16,660

Potomac is being slept on! I put off watching it but after 4 seasons this shit is still entertainingT! I love it

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 16th October 2020, 12:28 AM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

The last few minutes of Orange County with Brawnwyn and Emily was... Sensational. I was shook.

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 20th November 2020, 05:07 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(*Tim @ Sep 6 2020, 07:45 PM) *
Potomac is being slept on! I put off watching it but after 4 seasons this shit is still entertainingT! I love it

Potomac filmed their reunion, in person last week. Doesn't appear to be as 'Socially Distanced' as the NY Reunion. Hopefully this means they also will go right into filming Season 5.
Apparently this is lit and could end up being a 4-Part Reunion.

Potomac has been great this season, and Salt Lake City is also wub.gif

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 26th November 2020, 02:27 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Housewives of Salt Lake City: OMG what an impressive start. Heather and Whitney are the housewives we have been waiting for. Whitney's line of "Everyone knows the story of Mary and her Step-Grandather" had me DEAD. I hope people don't sleep on this like Potomac, because it's been solid.

Housewives of OC: Can't say much positive about the OC at the moment. Bravo fans are literally the worst. They dragged Vicki and Tamra last season on Twitter and when they got fired.. the fans boycotted the show! mad.gif
However, I'm not really seeing a cohesive or enjoyable storyline this season. Hard to believe the longest running housewive on this franchise is Shannon who joined in Season 9.
I think they're trying to give the franchise to Braunwyn and make her the star.. but I'm not sold yet.
Everyone has turned on Kelly and her response to BLM and COVID, so I'm sure this will be her last season.
Gina I'm still not sold on.
Emily I do like, but she doesn't seem to have a storyline of her own, except for her new hip laugh.gif
Elizabeth is a good addition, but she seems so flippant when talking about her Divorce and relationship with Jimmy.
It may be time to rest the OG-Housewive Franchise for a bit, I think.

Coming Up: Housewives of Atlanta starts on December 6th, and apparently this is also the Season Finale of Potomac. So we will have Potomac, Atlanta, OC and SLC all airing at the same time. The trailer for Housewives of Dallas drops today (or later this week). I expect a first week of January 2021 Premiere after Potomac has aired the Reunion.
This just leaves us with Beverly Hills that is filming now. Hopefully they're not rushing too much at us, leaving us with nothing.

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 2nd December 2020, 08:30 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Aaron. @ Oct 16 2020, 01:28 AM) *

The last few minutes of Orange County with Brawnwyn and Emily was... Sensational. I was shook.

SHE JUST CAME OUT.
I'M LITERALLY SHOOK.

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 7th December 2020, 07:38 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Vanderpump Rules has been *REPORTEDLY* Canceled!

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 20th December 2020, 04:53 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Wow. Easily one of the best Reunion Moments Ever.

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 4th March 2021, 06:53 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Housewives of Dallas: the Bravosphere is so interesting, many fans are less than impressed with recent seasons of Beverly Hills, Orange County and Atlanta and really championing Potomac, Salt Lake City and now Dallas.

Dallas is interesting, after the racism scandal last season I thought this franchise would be cancelled, but Bravo Fans have really championed this season so far, especially newbie Tiffany.

I just find Brandi very uncomfortable this season. Tiffany addressed her feelings beautifly, but.. I honestly don't think Brandi is in the right mind frame to be a Housewife. She's really struggling with the backlash, still and I really worry about her. Unfortunately there is a lot more to the story that's about to come out. It's baffling that a current Housewife hasn't tweeted since November 2020.

I think Bravo should have reduced her to a "Friend Of" role.

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 28th March 2021, 02:08 AM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Rank Cast Member
1 Sutton Stracke
2 Sonja Morgan
2 Porsha Williams
4 Luann De Lesseps
4 Leah McSweeney
6 Ramona Singer
7 Teresa Giudice
8 Dorit Kemsley
9 Karen Huger
10 Kyle Richards
11 Tiffany Moon
11 D'andra Simmons
11 Heather Gay
11 Whitney Rose
11 Meredith Marks
16 Shannon Beador
16 Margaret Josephs
16 Dolores Catania
19 Lisa Rinna
19 Garcelle Beauvais
21 Ashley Darby
22 Erika Girardi
22 Kameron Westcott
22 Stephanie Hollman
22 Mary Cosby
26 Kandi Burruss
27 Gizelle Bryant
27 Lisa Barlow
29 Kenya Moore
30 Emily Simpson
30 Kelly Dodd
30 Braunwyn Windham-Burke
33 Gina Kirschenheiter
34 Elizabeth Vargas
34 Cynthia Bailey
34 Drew Sidora
34 Latoya Ali
34 Marlo Hampton
34 Jennifer Aydin
34 Melissa Gorga
34 Jackie Goldschneider
34 Candiace Dillard-Bassett
34 Robyn Dixon
34 Wendy Osefo
34 Brandi Redmond
34 Kary Brittingham
34 Jen Shah

Pretty Accurate. https://bravhoes.tumblr.com/currentHW

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 30th March 2021, 12:00 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

By far one of my favorite charters of all time laugh.gif
Bravo needs to give them a spin-off ASAP.

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 13th May 2021, 08:44 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Tons of new Bravo Shows announced.

Vanderpump Rules Season 9 Confirmed
Housewives All-Stars Spinoff
Below Deck Norway
Below Deck Australia
Kandi Burress Spinoff
Porsha Williams Miniseries
Summer House Winter Charm (a Summer House/Southern Charm Spinoff)
Top Chef Family Edition

And a ton of new shows Life is a Ballroom (working title), premiering late 2021, is a docuseries from the producers of 90 Day Fiancé that follows the journeys of the most fascinating, talented, and obsessed amateur ballroom dancers in America. Coming in early 2022, Love Match Atlanta (working title) will follow the country's most esteemed Black matchmaking companies. In Love Without Borders (working title), premiering mid-2022, singles leave their lives behind for a chance at love with a stranger in a new land.

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 13th May 2021, 08:49 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

...but what was missing was more interesting. There's a show currently filming in Nashville believed to be "The Real Housewives of Nashville" however no confirmation, it sounds like Bravo has yet to officially purchase the rights and it may goto E! Or Peacock.

The cast is so far filming is:

Brittany Aldean
Jana Kramer
Caroline Boyer
Kasi Wicks

BIG names there.

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 13th May 2021, 08:55 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

I'm currently watching Below Deck and I do really love it but it's so annoying when you get used to or love someone they are gone next series unless it's Lee or Kate! I would have loved to see more Kat, Jen, Amy and despite how much I hate her even Rocky for the drama.

I am so up and down with Kate too, one season I love her and find her dry wit so so funny and then other times I find her miserable and a bit of a bully (Series 5 being the worst for her).

Currently starting series 6 then I will go to Mediterranean and Sailing Yacht. Series 3 is by far my favourite for the drama it had, whilst season 4 was deathly dull - I can barely remember a thing about it!

+Quote this post

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 01:47 PM