BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Dark Tower, Idris Elba, Matthew McConaughey
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Josh!
post Aug 20 2017, 08:44 PM
Post #1
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

Not particularly excited for this but seeing it tomorrow with some work friends so I'll post my thoughts anyway later on in the week! Anyone seen it yet?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Severin
post Aug 21 2017, 03:38 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 9,872
I was intrigued. Quite a bit actually, but then the reviews started appearing and I lost interest

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post Aug 22 2017, 07:57 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376
Some seriously slagging reviews for this one - it's really not that bad. I'd say a touch short, and lacking warmth, but it's not the mess it's made out to be (I've never read any of the books), but a good cast and reasonable action movie ponderous sci-fi style. 5/10

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Aug 22 2017, 08:10 PM
Post #4
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692
I agree with John that this is getting unfairly slated by critics. I think most people are upset that a Stephen King novel has been turned into a young adult type movie which is a fair criticism if this is not accurate at all to the source material but I'm unfamiliar with the book so I'd say if you like films like Divergent, Maze Runner and the 5th Wave then you'll like this. It's definitely too short which means the ending gets wrapped up a bit too quickly and some of the dialogue was a bit weak (I laughed at 'enjoy your apocalypse' or whatever the line was laugh.gif) but it definitely had high moments - I liked the Harry Potter boggart style creature and the ninja baddies in the village scene were cool to watch too. It definitely has its flaws and I don't find Matthew McConaughey very enjoyable or likeable to watch on screen at all but it was decent enough in my opinion and is getting poorer reviews than it deserves..

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post Aug 24 2017, 10:59 AM
Post #5
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674
I liked the set-up but I'm happy that it didn't end up being longer because it was losing my interest the further it went along. It's probably not a good thing that my favourite scenes were those set in the present day New York :') But I wasn't that hyped to begin with and it could've been worse. The advertising for it had confused me when the kid looked like he's the central character from the trailer (which indeed he is having seen the full movie), and I know Matthew and Idris are the two with star power but the posters I've seen plastered about don't show the lad at all.. laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Baytree
post Aug 26 2017, 02:10 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 334
QUOTE(popchartfreak @ Aug 22 2017, 08:57 PM) *
Some seriously slagging reviews for this one - it's really not that bad. I'd say a touch short, and lacking warmth, but it's not the mess it's made out to be (I've never read any of the books), but a good cast and reasonable action movie ponderous sci-fi style. 5/10

Drat. The trailer looked decent. I'll wait until it's free on Amazon Prime.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:53 AM