BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

14 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Joseph's Melanie C singles rank, ranks will never be the same again | FULL LIST PG 13
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
spiceboy
post 31st May 2020, 09:25 PM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

QUOTE(JosephStyles @ May 31 2020, 10:08 PM) *
35 Cosmic Shower (Lost Humanity)
Ed Deedigan & The Kandu Collective with Melanie C

I know this was for charity, so I shouldn't really be TOO harsh on it, but this really is a very comfortable last. I heard the track once a few years ago - Jay sent it to me just to hear how terrible it was kink.gif and he was right - Melanie usually sounds brilliant, but I really don't think she does on this. It surprised me when I relistened earlier (only for its second ever play laugh.gif) that she almost sounded out of tune? It's not a song I'll return to anyway so it deserves its last place finish.

Erm how is this not in your top 10?!?!? laugh.gif

I've only ever listened to it once, I like to pretend it never happened, it's SO bad. It's easily the worse solo Spice release cry.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 31st May 2020, 09:27 PM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Also you should be harsh on it, it's the biggest bag of shit I've ever had the (dis) pleasure of listening to! heehee.gif

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 31st May 2020, 09:33 PM
Post #23
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

!!! laugh.gif I'd agree that it's the worst of any solo Spice track actually. Which is quite some going when Melanie otherwise has some of my absolute FAVES too wub.gif

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 31st May 2020, 09:36 PM
Post #24
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(JosephStyles @ May 31 2020, 10:33 PM) *
!!! laugh.gif I'd agree that it's the worst of any solo Spice track actually. Which is quite some going when Melanie otherwise has some of my absolute FAVES too wub.gif

My top 10 solo Spice mainly consists of Mel, with the input of Emma and Geri once each wub.gif

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 31st May 2020, 09:36 PM
Post #25
Group icon

34 Hold On
featuring Alex Francis

There aren't many Melanie C singles that leave almost no impression on me, but unfortunately this is one. It's not BAD at all - it's a pleasant enough track in fact. However, I just don't think it's remarkable or memorable. I've heard it a bunch of times, including just a couple of hours ago so I could rank with a fresh listen, and I've already forgotten how it goes. I don't dislike anything left in so unfortunately "forgettable" drags this one right the way down.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 31st May 2020, 09:37 PM
Post #26
Group icon

QUOTE(Spiceboy @ May 31 2020, 10:36 PM) *
My top 10 solo Spice mainly consists of Mel, with the input of Emma and Geri once each wub.gif

You've now got me thinking about my top 10 overall! Emma would definitely contribute to it, and I'm extremely partial to Mel B's For Once In My Life laugh.gif I may post a top 10 once I've finished this countdown!

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 31st May 2020, 09:41 PM
Post #27
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
User: 3,217

That's a fair comment for Hold On! It's definitely very MOR. I think it's pleasant enough, but no strong feelings!

Looking back I'm kind of surprised Hold On was considered strong enough by Melanie to make it a third single from Version of Me instead of a track that was already included. unsure.gif Maybe it was her German label interfering...!

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 31st May 2020, 09:42 PM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Erm time to end this rate you've ruined it! cool2.gif nono.gif

After Cosmic shower the next worst song is Cool as you!!! drama.gif

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 31st May 2020, 09:43 PM
Post #29
Group icon

! Cool as You would definitely be my second-to-last placed song too, I find it quite bleh.

> Later announced as being Joseph's favourite Melanie C single sarah11.png

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post 31st May 2020, 09:44 PM
Post #30
Group icon
is in hibernation
User: 21,161

Anymore, Who I Am, First Day Of My Life and Next Best Superstar for top 4 x

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 31st May 2020, 09:45 PM
Post #31
Group icon

33 Cool As You
Peter Aristone featuring Melanie C

Here you go Spiceboy! laugh.gif I don't really mind Cool As You - it provokes a similar sort of response as Hold On actually. Pleasant, enjoyable, and a little forgettable oops. However, upon relistening earlier, I enjoyed this one a little more than Hold On! It captured me that bit more. Definitely not a huge essential but it's pretty nice.

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 31st May 2020, 09:48 PM
Post #32
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

The only thing I like about Cool as you is that I think Melanie looks beautiful in the video... Nothing... Else... At... Alll

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 31st May 2020, 09:53 PM
Post #33
Group icon

That makes me realise, I don't think I've ever watched the music video for Cool as You! ohmy.gif Someone demote me as a Spice Girls mod tbh x

It felt like quite a random collaboration that came out of nowhere, and not even her fan base gave it much attention tbh (apart from some of us duly ordering the CD single heehee.gif ). The sales figure given for it is 245 copies as of 8th May! That seems dreadfully low for a single with a CD, and a song that is available to download and stream. I can't quite decide whether that's realistic or not lol.

Can't say I've heard anything by Peter since then and I definitely hadn't heard of him before.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 31st May 2020, 09:57 PM
Post #34
Group icon

245!!! laugh.gif I've actually got the CD single now *_* a truly dedicated stan x

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 31st May 2020, 09:59 PM
Post #35
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Jay ☆ @ May 31 2020, 10:53 PM) *
That makes me realise, I don't think I've ever watched the music video for Cool as You! ohmy.gif Someone demote me as a Spice Girls mod tbh x

It felt like quite a random collaboration that came out of nowhere, and not even her fan base gave it much attention tbh (apart from some of us duly ordering the CD single heehee.gif ). The sales figure given for it is 245 copies as of 8th May! That seems dreadfully low for a single with a CD, and a song that is available to download and stream. I can't quite decide whether that's realistic or not lol.

Can't say I've heard anything by Peter since then and I definitely hadn't heard of him before.

It was SO random like what convinced her to duet with him exactly? I get Matt Cardle that was an inspired choice, this was weird as hell. I actually think Melanie should try and set up more duets but with more known people. Her and Natalie Imbruglia could do something lovely, and she is really good friends with KT Tunstall... wonder why she never uses those connections? Hell she is good friends with Bryan Adams and Chris Martin go and tell them you want to record a duet!!! blink.gif

Ps I didn't even buy the Cool as you single... don't even feel bad. angel.gif

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 31st May 2020, 10:05 PM
Post #36
Group icon

32 I Want Candy

The first top 40 hit to drop now. I Want Candy was released as the lead single of This Time in the UK, and is a cover of a song by The Strangeloves. It's quite a popular song to cover - several artists have charted in the UK with the song, and I think that leads into why it's not a big favourite of mine. It's a serviceable cover, but it's really inessential. The fact it was for the film of the same name adds some purpose but the fact it ended up serving as the UK lead for This Time feels quite unfortunate - that album has far better songs, and I Want Candy sounds so extremely clunky at the end of the tracklist...! The fact it's her last top 40 as a lead too.... sad.gif

Also... the vinyl cover.... that stare... laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 31st May 2020, 10:08 PM
Post #37
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,587

QUOTE(Jay ☆ @ May 31 2020, 09:53 PM) *

I have never seen the full video either lol Just the first few seconds and then I got bored. The song is so bad though, it's too easy to not remember it exists lol

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 31st May 2020, 10:09 PM
Post #38
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Haha I never noticed the stare before but yes it's intimidating! laugh.gif ohmy.gif

I've never really liked IWC, but it's catchy enough as a random single I guess... I felt annoyed it was released as the lead for This Time though, although thought that if Carolyna had bee released in it's place then she would have potentially got another top 20 single as it's so much stronger.

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 31st May 2020, 10:10 PM
Post #39
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,587

QUOTE(JosephStyles @ May 31 2020, 10:05 PM) *
32 I Want Candy

+Quote this post