BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Top Gun:Maverick
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Rooney
post 4th June 2022, 05:20 PM
Post #1
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

Go and see this movie if you have not already. Don't think there will be a bigger summer blockbuster this year.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jade
post 4th June 2022, 05:25 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

I watched this last week without seeing the first one and got into it more and more as it went along, was pleasantly surprised. Didn't expect to be on the edge of my seat but there we go laugh.gif

Those who have seen both - do you prefer it to the original? Obviously may be too soon to say but it's been interesting to witness such acclaim for a sequel to a classic, with such a gap between releases.

+Quote this post
Sour Candy
post 5th June 2022, 06:58 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 10,275

My only complaint is that there wasn't any gay tension compared to the first Top Gun sad.gif

This post has been edited by Sour Candy: 5th June 2022, 06:59 PM

+Quote this post
Jade
post 28th August 2022, 10:12 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

Well, I filled in my knowledge gap of the first film today after seeing a double bill of both Top Gun and Maverick in the cinema laugh.gif I actually think the sequel is better!

+Quote this post
Dexton
post 29th August 2022, 05:02 AM
Post #5
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045

QUOTE(Jade @ Jun 5 2022, 01:25 AM) *
I watched this last week without seeing the first one and got into it more and more as it went along, was pleasantly surprised. Didn't expect to be on the edge of my seat but there we go laugh.gif

Those who have seen both - do you prefer it to the original? Obviously may be too soon to say but it's been interesting to witness such acclaim for a sequel to a classic, with such a gap between releases.

I enjoy the first movie but it honestly drags on a little too much at times. There's just a lot of empty space where not much happens and, considering that these are basic ass action movies, that's not really ideal.

But I while still love it and it is a classic, Maverick outdoes it in every possible way laugh.gif I've been to the cinema to watch it twice now and I honestly could go again and be just as enthralled as I was the very first time!

+Quote this post
olvs
post 12th September 2022, 10:06 AM
Post #6
Group icon
New Entry
User: 126,407

I just wated it, pretty cool movie 9/10

+Quote this post
Juranamo
post 21st September 2022, 11:26 PM
Post #7
Group icon
"Everything seems different the second time around."
User: 5,830

QUOTE(Jade @ Jun 4 2022, 06:25 PM) *

Watched the first one years ago (well, think it was on at some point, with me not really watching it), but re-watched the other day. Loved it, though felt after watching it that it'd have better effects/work better if done today!

Saw Maverick today... And I was right! Loved all the nods (and there are LOTS of the them) to the original The opening few minutes being practically identical, and the beach scene, we're genius!

Genuinely found myself at the edge of my seat multiple times. Loved every second. Might be my shock favourite post-COVID release yet!

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 05:58 PM