BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Smile, Parker Finn | Horror film out now
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
HausofKubrick
post 8th October 2022, 02:46 PM
Post #1
Group icon
User: 13,007

After witnessing a bizarre, traumatic incident involving a patient, Dr. Rose Cotter starts experiencing frightening occurrences that she can't explain. As an overwhelming terror begins taking over her life, Rose must confront her troubling past in order to survive and escape her horrifying new reality.

Jump scares aplently.. Out in cinemas now.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 8th October 2022, 02:47 PM
Post #2
Group icon
User: 13,007

Saw this yesterday and through a combination of who I went with and the audience, it was one of my favourite cinema experiences in ages. The jump scares are expert. One bit in particular had the entire cinema OUT OF THEIR SEATS. It's fairly ridiculous at times (over the top) but it's all the more fun for that. If you're into jump scare, psychological horror, you can't go too wrong with this.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 8th October 2022, 03:34 PM
Post #3
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

I hated this sad.gif I just thought it was one of the worst paced movies I've seen in a long time. The jump scares were executed amazingly well - I agree, but I got bored far too much. One of the biggest disappointments of the year for me. Gutted.

+Quote this post
x_Chloe_x
post 9th October 2022, 07:40 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 158,037

I saw this on Wednesday - I didn’t watch the trailer before and I’m glad I didn’t. I liked it but I have no idea why it was an 18 for gore it wasn’t that bad compared to Saw or Halloween. It had potential but I saw the ending a mile off and it reminded me a lot of Drag Me To Hell.

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 25th October 2022, 10:50 PM
Post #5
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

Just got back from this and I'm gonna have a bit of a problem sleeping now laugh.gif It was pretty much a retread of It Follows and Drag Me to Hell as mentioned, but those are both great. It was an incredibly tense watch thanks to the jump scares, I'm usually iffy with these as they're used cheaply in a lot of films, but these were done very well. Some of the smiles were a bit goofy, but Laura's was fricking terrifying, that'll be etched in my brain for a while.

I think the premise didn't have a lot of places to go after the reveal so you could see the ending coming, but it's still a good example of exploring modern-day fears like trauma and mental health. Horror is a really good genre to do that and can really tell the saddest yet frightening stories of the worst effects of this.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 04:01 PM