BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
14 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Suggestion Box!, We want to hear from you!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
lotita
post 10th July 2016, 05:34 PM
Post #241
Group icon
feminist icon
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,777

this isn't a personal attack AT ALL before anybody comes at me however i've been feeling for quite some time that there is a gap between the mods and the members of bjsc. to be honest yes this is a problem for me with some of the other mods more than others. lew frequents plug quite a lot and i see him more actively taking a role and due to that as a participant i find him a lot more approachable about bjsc stuff, however i feel like i never see yu and jahq getting involved publicly at all??? of course i don't know how much work they put behind the scenes and i'm not trying to accuse them of not doing anything in the slightest i'm just saying as a participant this is how i feel, and imo the mods should be people who really do get stuck in and involved publicly. all the different dramas etc over the last couple months has been kinda exhausting and i feel a lot more could've been done to prevent it, i feel like a lot more transparency is needed to keep this a fun community game. i like how in the spin offs more people get involved with the process and i think this is a good step in providing more of a link between the mods and the people, could i maybe suggest the mods find more way to incorporate this into the main contest? these kind of mods vs the whole of buzzjack disputes can't really be fun for anybody surely??
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post 10th July 2016, 05:37 PM
Post #242
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403

i'm a big believer in transparency (i work in an environment where it's necessary) so i think that's a good criticism. i'm glad you feel that you can approach me because i am trying - i think the other mods are just as approachable in spirit but not as active as posters which maybe causes a disconnect - naturally we can't force the mods to post or integrate more (they have their own lives to lead) but i'm sure i speak on behalf of them that if there was any queries or questions they'd be happy to field them for you.

+Quote this post
lotita
post 10th July 2016, 05:40 PM
Post #243
Group icon
feminist icon

yes i do realise that real life is always more important (i rlly do want to reiterate the fact this is not a personal attack) and hopefully after all of this has blown over maybe it could be encouraged for people to post more of what they're really feeling in threads like this so there could be more discussion between the mods andd ppl?? maybe that way we could avoid drama too

+Quote this post
Oricon
post 10th July 2016, 05:44 PM
Post #244
Group icon
bye dinner
User: 12,972

I'm used to the criticisms I get in which I do absolutely nothing so it doesn't shock me at all if anyone feels that way anymore. I completely agree that everything should be more transparent as lew have said, but I believe that the blame lies not so much in that we don't contribute publicly but more so that other members integrate with other sections of associated with this site either on or off, thus are seen as more approachable. Another reason is that both Jack and myself at times work and if there's an issue, by the time we have free time to even read as to what it is our other co-moderators have already responded. You simply do not need to have all moderators answering back the same response in regards to one issue imo.

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post 10th July 2016, 05:46 PM
Post #245
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403

just to be clear both jahq and yu do help out month on month but because they don't really spend a lot of time on buzzjack usually when they're online it's one of the only things they'll do, doesn't mean it isn't being done tho!!! #shoutout2magirls

+Quote this post
Oricon
post 10th July 2016, 05:48 PM
Post #246
Group icon
bye dinner

I'm going to admit the past 2-3 months I haven't contributed as much as what I'd like to due to a range of factors being final year university in addition to work, followed by a vacation/visit to a family relative and then another family issue which have arouse suddenly. This isn't to say I don't contribute actively previously at all!

+Quote this post
lotita
post 10th July 2016, 05:49 PM
Post #247
Group icon
feminist icon

i am appreciating these responses but yeah to repeat my point earlier it's not so much that i don't believe some mods aren't doing anything, in an ideal world it just would be nice for it to be more evident. for that tho i don't really have any suggestions other than maybe letting the host be involved in the veto process so more people can see what goes on??? :')

edit: and maybe half if this is coming for the fact i'm relatively new to bjsc still (i think i'm approaching my 10th contest??? ohmy.gif) but i've said what i have to say now and hopefully this can be rectified fo the future :')

This post has been edited by princess_lotti: 10th July 2016, 05:51 PM

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 10th July 2016, 05:50 PM
Post #248
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

I actually don't think much needs to be done in regards to actual playing of entries on Plug, but maybe some all-round more secrecy if you want to tighten the rules in this regard, and have people only allowed to consult a certain number of people (though this would be difficult to enforce and would prejudice those on Plug, rabb.it etc vs. those who use PM). You could also ask people not to talk about 'potenshes' so obviously when playing them, etc, but this is a fun competition and I think being too strict about it could potentially make us lose sight of that.

Meanwhile, in regards to the current situation, in order to preserve the integrity of the veto system it is important not to foster an 'us and them' mentality, whether intentional or not. Therefore, I would recommend entries like Tim's, etc, to be allowed through, after having drawn attention to the point the mods now wish to underline; and from there, have this rule enforced more stringently following an update of the Rules and a PSA. I think this will help foster better feeling and less animosity between people and strengthen the integrity of the system; all the rules will be there in black and white, with suspension/ vetoes etc happening retrospective to their underlining.

Just me 2cence!

This post has been edited by #BJSCSLAYERRRRRR: 10th July 2016, 05:58 PM

+Quote this post
Oricon
post 10th July 2016, 05:56 PM
Post #249
Group icon
bye dinner

QUOTE(princess_lotti @ Jul 10 2016, 06:49 PM) *
i am appreciating these responses but yeah to repeat my point earlier it's not so much that i don't believe some mods aren't doing anything, in an ideal world it just would be nice for it to be more evident. for that tho i don't really have any suggestions other than maybe letting the host be involved in the veto process so more people can see what goes on??? :')

edit: and maybe half if this is coming for the fact i'm relatively new to bjsc still (i think i'm approaching my 10th contest??? ohmy.gif) but i've said what i have to say now and hopefully this can be rectified fo the future :')

Us moderators all have our main designated tasks, such as myself the main researcher (altho the past few months tho has been terrible) so there's no way for myself to really be evident to the public that way :\

+Quote this post
lotita
post 10th July 2016, 05:58 PM
Post #250
Group icon
feminist icon

see I didn't even know these main designated tasks were a thing laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Silas
post 10th July 2016, 06:05 PM
Post #251
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

I know what you mean Lotti and the word has been thrown back at us quite a lot today, sometimes with quite a lot of hostility. There is a lot of improvement to be made by us as a team, and we will keep working on it. I think that we have got better, for example the research published in full for every track that we veto. It's not something that has always been done.

I think there are a lot of things we can learn from with the spin-offs, but the size difference means it's not as easy for everything to translate and the much stricter veto process also runs into some problems.

I really want to bridge this gap, because I too have felt it, and really work together to build our community.

+Quote this post
*Tim
post 10th July 2016, 06:06 PM
Post #252
Group icon
Bitch of t seet
User: 16,660

Another small thing that has on my mind, how about a veto thread? Where the vetoed tracks are stalled so they wont be entered like 3 times in a row?

+Quote this post
Oricon
post 10th July 2016, 06:08 PM
Post #253
Group icon
bye dinner

That is a good suggestion Tim and I think we have discussed this amongst ourselves before, so watch the space as such thread might exist in the future! happy.gif

+Quote this post
Silas
post 10th July 2016, 06:18 PM
Post #254
Group icon
Queen of Soon

We have a thread in the mod forum, not sure if it's still missing a chunk or not, that goes all the way back to the first vetoed song.

Once we complete it we can certainly duplicate it in here.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 10th July 2016, 06:20 PM
Post #255
Group icon
Queen of Soon

QUOTE(#BJSCSLAYERRRRRR @ Jul 10 2016, 06:50 PM) *
I actually don't think much needs to be done in regards to actual playing of entries on Plug, but maybe some all-round more secrecy if you want to tighten the rules in this regard, and have people only allowed to consult a certain number of people (though this would be difficult to enforce and would prejudice those on Plug, rabb.it etc vs. those who use PM). You could also ask people not to talk about 'potenshes' so obviously when playing them, etc, but this is a fun competition and I think being too strict about it could potentially make us lose sight of that.

Meanwhile, in regards to the current situation, in order to preserve the integrity of the veto system it is important not to foster an 'us and them' mentality, whether intentional or not. Therefore, I would recommend entries like Tim's, etc, to be allowed through, after having drawn attention to the point the mods now wish to underline; and from there, have this rule enforced more stringently following an update of the Rules and a PSA. I think this will help foster better feeling and less animosity between people and strengthen the integrity of the system; all the rules will be there in black and white, with suspension/ vetoes etc happening retrospective to their underlining.

Just me 2cence!

I think we're going to hit all of the points you've raised in your first paragraph with the PSA and the new rules.

I think that will most certainly be the aim going forwards. The 4th framework will round it all out and will give us a solid, black and white, base to work from in order to kill off the 'us vs them' mentality once and for all.

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post 10th July 2016, 06:52 PM
Post #256
Group icon
Former iconic poster with no consistent posting style
Pronouns: Don't take em seriously tbh
User: 21,005

Oh yes, I'd love to see a list of vetoed entries and the points they got for the reasons they got vetoed for biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
imaduck
post 1st September 2017, 04:02 PM
Post #257
Group icon
(i've been drinking)
User: 18,675

does BJSC use a template for compiling votes? Or is it done by the host at their discretion?

+Quote this post
Silas
post 1st September 2017, 04:48 PM
Post #258
Group icon
Queen of Soon

The discretion of the host

+Quote this post
imaduck
post 1st September 2017, 05:50 PM
Post #259
Group icon
(i've been drinking)
User: 18,675

If anyone wants it I do have a 100 entry template which automates a lot of the boring bits.

+Quote this post
m
post 20th January 2018, 11:51 AM
Post #260
Group icon
I asked for my account to be banned
User: 7,132

This isn't that important but I've been thinking about it and thought it was worth a shot asking here haha. Am I correct in thinking that generally, people aren't allowed to change their votes after they have already sent them, unless they made a scoring error, for instance skipping a 3-pointer or whatever (and I'm aware that even in situations like that, the host can just move the songs down a place or whatnot)? I remember in like 2008, when I was first starting out in the contest, I asked the host if I could change votes cos I forgot to vote for one track, and I was allowed to re-send. Maybe it was different back then but I'm not sure if there is any guideline in place about it?

I know that it's the person's own fault, and allowing people to change votes even just once might make things messier for the host but let's say if someone genuinely forgets about one song...? I've seen this happen to people. And to speak for myself, in Andra Chansen there is one song that I just kinda brushed over in my voting process that, very soon after voting, became a major contender to be in my top 3! Again, not that important but just thought I'd at least ask.

+Quote this post

14 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 08:28 PM