BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> BJSC CVI - Semi-Finals -, Deadline: 15th July 23:59 BST
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
FrankLuck
post Jul 10 2018, 11:51 AM
Post #21
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Group: Members
Member No.: 10,284
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Bré @ Jul 10 2018, 10:57 AM) *
The AQ looks very familiar, is that the one (/ one of the ones) I really loved from your CD Swap Frank? Or just the same artist, not sure.

Yep, this is the one! I included it on the CD as I thought I'll never send it here, but that time I'd never even imagined AQ-ing, ever.
Based on the early minihype I got I might even have a chance to avoid bottom 3, this is all I can wish for (+ I hope it will be a good discovery for some).

Your entry is definitely one of the unlucky ones, I guess it would've been better off in the more 'alternative' Semi 2 - however, in the dancier Semi 1 it might stand out more?
I had quite a 'dafuqisthis' feeling when I first listened to 'NEVER', but it grew on me more and more after some listens - I'm pretty sure it will find its fans in Semi 1 too.

This post has been edited by FrankLuck: Jul 10 2018, 11:51 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Anita Hanjaab
post Jul 10 2018, 11:53 AM
Post #22
Buffy/Charmed
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

Alright.

I admit when we've all been beat.

Ultraviolence's song is not only the best song of the contest, but it is also one of the best bjsc songs of ALL TIME!!

Remember with this type of song in the semis, if you think you've given it enough votes, you haven't!! PILE the votes on it - make Ultraviolence win again!!

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post Jul 10 2018, 12:02 PM
Post #23
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Bré @ Jul 10 2018, 09:57 AM) *
Finally WEDNESDAY CAMPANELLA get a second chance in the contest wub.gif (I haven't heard this song, but I have heard their other recent Moodoïd collab 'Matryoshka' which was pretty fab so a good sign). Loving how Jordan has now sent both of the artists that were on 'iSpy' to BJSC despite (if I recall correctly) hating that song laugh.gif

This sounds quite a bit different from that (and your own entry which I'd forgotten about!), it's great though, an ode to languages sung in two contrasting ones French + Japanese, it's glorious wub.gif Unfortunately quite a few people I thought would 'get' it the most are in the other semi, but not like that never happens~

Gosh I hate giving early hype but Ólafur Arnalds wub.gif Have been absolutely loving his new stuff, I would've sent this had it not been a surefire veto if not for anniversary kink.gif

+Quote Post
LexC
post Jul 10 2018, 12:17 PM
Post #24
Attack Dog/Sass Queen
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 5,342

QUOTE(Queef of Skreech @ Jul 10 2018, 12:53 PM) *
Alright.

I admit when we've all been beat.

Ultraviolence's song is not only the best song of the contest, but it is also one of the best bjsc songs of ALL TIME!!

Remember with this type of song in the semis, if you think you've given it enough votes, you haven't!! PILE the votes on it - make Ultraviolence win again!!

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jul 10 2018, 12:22 PM
Post #25
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

Eek semi 2 would probs have been better for me but hopefully it's still ok laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Anita Hanjaab
post Jul 10 2018, 12:23 PM
Post #26
Buffy/Charmed
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

Not my fault you're jealous you didn't send it

+Quote Post
Dexton
post Jul 10 2018, 01:34 PM
Post #27
rip in peace Dickston
Member No.: 25,045
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(LexC @ Jul 10 2018, 08:17 PM) *

Is that the one with Justin Timberlake?

+Quote Post
✖ leww ✖
post Jul 10 2018, 05:24 PM
Post #28
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
Member No.: 9,403

i think i cud be happy with that semi draw. it's a song i've literally been sitting on for about 3 years, so i'm hoping that it can at least throw me another qualifier if possible.

+Quote Post
Harve
post Jul 10 2018, 05:49 PM
Post #29
Cœur poids plume
Member No.: 4,718
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(gooddelta @ Jul 10 2018, 10:28 AM) *
Ordinary Superstar is a great entry from Skall, one of my favourite songs of the year, bringing back the 'turn of the century' pop sound <3 Look forward to hearing everything else!

Ayy.

My biggest dilemma was choosing which Rina song to send, because they all sound kinda different whilst still getting that 00s pop sound? I feel like different Rina tracks will stand out for different users.

'

*ALL* stunning in their own way and to be honest I probably slightly prefer the latter two, but 'Ordinary Superstar' is a real earworm and the others have experimental middle 8s etc. that can apparently prove problematic here.

This post has been edited by Harve: Jul 10 2018, 05:50 PM

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Jul 10 2018, 05:51 PM
Post #30
Hello?
Member No.: 116
   No Gallery Pics

You picked my favourite but Take Me As I Am is nearly as good (and a lot of tastemakers prefer that one). She’s so good <3

+Quote Post
FrankLuck
post Jul 10 2018, 05:57 PM
Post #31
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 10,284
   No Gallery Pics

Voted in both semis cool.gif + added the mp3 packs in the opening post.

+Quote Post
Klumzee
post Jul 10 2018, 06:06 PM
Post #32
#TeamAnneMarie
Member No.: 11,421

I think Alterlife has been vetoed here before? I think Take Me As I Am is the next strongest imo but Ordinary Superstar is a good track too!

+Quote Post
HarryBorelli
post Jul 10 2018, 06:32 PM
Post #33
The Lady Said Go Home!
Member No.: 20,835

QUOTE(Harve @ Jul 10 2018, 06:49 PM) *
Ayy.

My biggest dilemma was choosing which Rina song to send, because they all sound kinda different whilst still getting that 00s pop sound? I feel like different Rina tracks will stand out for different users.

'

*ALL* stunning in their own way and to be honest I probably slightly prefer the latter two, but 'Ordinary Superstar' is a real earworm and the others have experimental middle 8s etc. that can apparently prove problematic here.

This is just as good as those imo;

+Quote Post
✖ leww ✖
post Jul 10 2018, 09:59 PM
Post #34

diet initial hype for vulkyria - i confirmed that myself a couple of months ago, i'm a fan (altho it seemed a bit of a too obvious song for me so i went for something diff)! i'm a big fan of TEPR too, 'hypnotease' has been on my potentials list for an aaaage and i've got really familiar with him. interesting to see cody went for 'rich kid$' out of all of the jay pryor songs, i woulda opted for 'all this' or 'over you' (had confirmed the former before changing a couple of months ago actually as well!!). familiar with that hayden james song too, interesting to see it have a bit of winner's hype in the beginning because it's really not too dissimilar from his previous entry and we ALL know how that went...

+Quote Post
Entea
post Jul 10 2018, 10:12 PM
Post #35
BuzzJack Regular
Member No.: 18,807
   No Gallery Pics

Strong semi 2 and it showed when it came to voting as I kept on repositioned a few entries. The only artist, from the contest, that I know of is Baby Blue and no songs that I know of, which is a good thing since this contest is about discovering new music. At first, I thought I was about to listen to Sunrise Inc's Mysterious Girl when Volume Up by 4Minute came on lol
Good luck to you all wub.gif

+Quote Post
Travis
post Jul 10 2018, 10:27 PM
Post #36
hi
Member No.: 22,135

throwing hype @ Taahino bc Kitty wub.gif

I'm gonna need you all to recognize the Girls' Generation royalty that is my entry and LOVE it!

+Quote Post
jakee
post Jul 10 2018, 10:46 PM
Post #37
i thought you wore the hairpiece for style
Member No.: 47

QUOTE(Harve @ Jul 10 2018, 06:49 PM) *
Ayy.

'

i saw her live earlier this year and she was fabulous *.*

would have sent ‘alterlife’ if i hadn’t assumed itd be an auto veto

+Quote Post
Riser
post Jul 10 2018, 11:16 PM
Post #38
The horrors persist, but so do I
Member No.: 19,534

QUOTE(Bré @ Jul 10 2018, 04:57 AM) *
Loving how Jordan has now sent both of the artists that were on 'iSpy' to BJSC despite (if I recall correctly) hating that song laugh.gif
You recall correctly laugh.gif I can only hope Lil Yachty does better for me than Kyle did - thankfully this looks like the best semi draw I've ever had! *DNQs anyway*

Thanks Frank for providing MP3 packs so early!

+Quote Post
✖ leww ✖
post Jul 10 2018, 11:23 PM
Post #39

v o t e d

+Quote Post
JSG
post Jul 11 2018, 11:06 AM
Post #40
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 18,473

Ooo a former Mulgracian artist in my semi.

Love To Hate It did quite well for me in the end so I hope they can do well again.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:39 PM