BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> What is Beyoncé's most ICONIC live performance?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
HarryBorelli
post 19th September 2017, 08:58 AM
Post #1
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835

The topic of Live covers on the current Artist Forum Song Contest got me thinking a bit about what her most ICONIC live performance is. It could be from her tour or any form of performance.

For me, it is a tough choice between her 2011 Glastonbury headline set and her 2011 VMAS performance of Love On Top (yes both from the same year kink.gif).

There was something about this whole set that was superb she kept the energy going and made a great festival headline act. Also her voice wub.gif

I mean the performance ending with her pregnancy reveal ICONIC.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Theonix
post 19th September 2017, 12:17 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
User: 8,661

Glastonbury is a good shout for a whole set! I definitely remember it being the moment I properly fell in love with her as a performer - I must have rewatched it about 4 times during that week while it was available on iPlayer!

Similar to the "Love on Top", I'd say the "Drunk in Love" performance at the 2014 Grammy's is iconic because it was (probably) the first time Bey and Jay performed together on TV since the B'Day era - and the performance was 🔥 🔥 🔥 :

I'm so glad I got to see them perform this together at the Mrs Carter Show wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

Also her 2014/2016 VMA performances:

(all of these irrelevants cheering her on ha x)

Literally when will you faves perform their entire album on a primetime awards show? Twice.

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 19th September 2017, 01:01 PM
Post #3
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

This! I remembering watching it thinking no way did she just dance with a computer background and stay in time for the whole performance *-*

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 19th September 2017, 01:46 PM
Post #4
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835

All great performances and speaking of the one that Josh says it reminded me of the single ladies performances at an award show I cannot remember where but that was like that for me when she managed to perform a massive routine with loads of dancers laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 19th September 2017, 01:46 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

This may be controversial but I'm unsure whether Beyonce has a truly iconic performance in terms of being cemented in popular culture and recognised and remembered by even those who have no interest in her whatsoever (i.e. like how people think of Madonna rolling around in a wedding dress or Britney dancing with a huge snake). Of course, Beyonce is an incredible performer and she has many classic performances that are widely celebrated, but I'm just thinking specifically about the term 'iconic'.

I'd say 'Love On Top' and that pregnancy reveal is pretty close though and I'm sure everyone remembers her Super Bowl performance in 2013. I'd also say her duet with Alexandra Burke on the 2008 X Factor final was pretty huge too.

+Quote this post
Theonix
post 19th September 2017, 02:41 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
User: 8,661

QUOTE(liamk97 @ Sep 19 2017, 02:46 PM) *
This may be controversial but I'm unsure whether Beyonce has a truly iconic performance in terms of being cemented in popular culture and recognised and remembered by even those who have no interest in her whatsoever (i.e. like how people think of Madonna rolling around in a wedding dress or Britney dancing with a huge snake). Of course, Beyonce is an incredible performer and she has many classic performances that are widely celebrated, but I'm just thinking specifically about the term 'iconic'.

+Quote this post
SGrey
post 19th September 2017, 07:12 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,182

QUOTE(liamk97 @ Sep 19 2017, 02:46 PM) *

I'd say 'Love On Top' and that pregnancy reveal is pretty close though and I'm sure everyone remembers her Super Bowl performance in 2013. I'd also say her duet with Alexandra Burke on the 2008 X Factor final was pretty huge too.

Ignoring the first bit of your post while Theo has a meltdown xo

I agree about Alexandra Burke as well - looking back it's one of the earliest memories I have of Beyoncé as a person, if that makes sense? I can remember hearing her everywhere but not actually seeing her if that makes any sense? laugh.gif

+Quote this post
JB2o2o
post 21st September 2017, 04:32 PM
Post #8
Group icon
New Entry
User: 39,575

I would say iconic and memorable by the general audience is the Super Bowl performance. It had everyone talking, memed the f*** out to this day. It also caused the power to go out right after I believe. The stage was legendary with her profile being outlined and of course the unforgettable D.C. reunion

+Quote this post
SGrey
post 22nd September 2017, 11:23 AM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,182

QUOTE(JB2o2o @ Sep 21 2017, 05:32 PM) *
I would say iconic and memorable by the general audience is the Super Bowl performance. It had everyone talking, memed the f*** out to this day. It also caused the power to go out right after I believe. The stage was legendary with her profile being outlined and of course the unforgettable D.C. reunion

Both Superbowl performances are definitely up there!!

+Quote this post
vibe
post 23rd September 2017, 06:41 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,763

Irreplaceable at Glastonbury

That's unbeatable .

+Quote this post