BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> MKS can have Sugababes name
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Simon.
post Aug 30 2014, 04:26 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Sugar Like Apple Pie
User: 126
Source - Digitalspy

Amelle Berrabah has admitted that she would be happy for Mutya Keisha Siobhan to take back the Sugababes name if the current line-up don't reform next year.

The singer - who is currently starring on BBC One's celebrity gymnastic competition Tumble - said that she is uncertain about her future in the pop group.

"I can see it happening," Berrabah told Digital Spy of a possible reform in the future. "It goes back and forth, because Heidi and Jade are both really busy at the moment doing theatre stuff.

"I know Jade has said she can never see herself being in the Sugababes ever again, which is quite final, but I know Heidi is probably a bit half-half.

"The only promise I will make, if we do release again towards the end of next year, we will all make sure each individual wants to be there 100%, otherwise it's unfair on the audience. You can definitely see through it."

However, Berrabah said that if they decide not to reform, they would be happy to hand the Sugababes name back to MKS, who were the original line-up.

"If it doesn't happen, it's not meant to be," she continued. "Obviously everyone talks about the Sugababes name and what is happening with it, but I'm very easy-going.

"If we don't use it and regroup, I'd quite happily give it someone else and let them take the reins. Whether it be MKS or another three random girls, or three little babies we're training right now in boot camp!"

Mutya Buena famously won limited rights to use the Sugababes name in 2011, and under the terms of the Nice Classification of Goods and Services, has the right to use the name on a variety of stationery and artist' materials.

Thoughts?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Silas
post Aug 30 2014, 09:14 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474
Now that she's realised there's no commercial value in it she's happy to pass it on? Sure.

I wouldn't be surprised if rights revert to Keisha after X years of inactivity as part of the lawsuit she won for her sacking.

+Quote this post
SGrey
post Aug 30 2014, 09:33 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,182
Oh lordy rotf.gif

+Quote this post
tommie
post Aug 31 2014, 01:28 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 8,073
"If"? Oh Amelle... banana.gif

+Quote this post
Silas
post Sep 3 2014, 08:54 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474
I don't think 4.0 will be back together. Think it's time for Amelle to actually admit that publicly.

+Quote this post
tommie
post Sep 4 2014, 12:37 AM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 8,073
QUOTE(Silas @ Sep 3 2014, 08:54 PM) *
I don't think 4.0 will be back together. Think it's time for Amelle to actually admit that publicly.

Durrr. angel.gif

The writing's been on the wall since they canned all plans for a second single and Amelle started her little solo project. If the interest is low for MKS, imagine how hard it would be for 4.0 to drum up any?

+Quote this post
PaPa Ri
post Sep 4 2014, 07:54 AM
Post #7
Group icon
JanWasRobbed
User: 8,335
Still waiting for my Sugababes toilet paper.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:33 PM