BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Track Of The Week • Broken-Hearted Girl
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
SGrey
post Sep 21 2017, 11:32 AM
Post #21
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 20,182

Harry you're fired xo

I love singing along to it - my favourite thing is the intro, as Harry said it's a fantastic intro and one of her best since Crazy In Love!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jessie Where
post Sep 21 2017, 12:52 PM
Post #22
Break the tension
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

I didn't like 'Love On Top' for quite a while, but hearing it on nights out a lot helped it really grow in my affections (you're right, it's a moment). It feels like a modern day classic now.

I love the ridiculous key changes as well.

+Quote Post
HarryBorelli
post Sep 27 2017, 01:03 PM
Post #23
The Lady Said Go Home!
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 20,835

Up next with.... Suga Mama

I Say: Another Beyoncé album favourite from me. This is easily one of my favourites from her second studio album 'B'Day'. It is just a sensual number that I can't help but love. 'I'ma be like a jolly rancher that you get from the corner store, I'ma be like a waffle cone that's dripping down to the floor' are some of the most sensual opening lyrics Beyoncé has ever made and boy does it set the tone for the rest of the song. Also, I quite like the video for it which I believe was for the visual album re-package (which btw I love the hints of her love of visual albums that she is now known for). All around a great album track, great video and I just wish it was a single, the proper missed opportunity for me'.

Josh Says: "This isn't a track that I'm all that familiar with really but since it was suggested by Harry in the Mod thread, I've listened to it a few times and really enjoyed it. It reminds me a little of "Work It Out' with the funky instrumental and I've always found that really under-rated so I like this a lot in a similar way. The black and white video is really good too and she oozes sexiness in it which really works with the theme of the song. I did know if it a bit beforehand but thanks Harry for bringing it back to my attention "

Sean Says: "It's only hit me as I write this up that Fifth Harmony totally stole the title for their Meghan Trainor penned track on Reflection. Probably because of what looks like a low budget music video, I don't really rate this in comparison to the stronger material we saw from her debut - both sonically and visually. To me, it sounds quite like a Destiny's Child leftover track - whether that be the way it sounds or the reference to bills kink.gif The "Don't give me no lip let mama do it all" is so sassy and that's definitely the best Beyoncé - a sassy Beyoncé”.

What does everyone else think of Suga Mama?

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Sep 30 2017, 04:13 PM
Post #24
c:
Member No.: 20,692

As I said in my commentary for this, I've certainly made a big re-discovery in this since Harry chose it as track of the week! I can't wait until I actually have Wi-Fi again (drama.gif) so I can add it to all my playlists wub.gif

+Quote Post
HarryBorelli
post Oct 1 2017, 03:50 PM
Post #25
The Lady Said Go Home!

QUOTE(Josh! @ Sep 30 2017, 05:13 PM) *
As I said in my commentary for this, I've certainly made a big re-discovery in this since Harry chose it as track of the week! I can't wait until I actually have Wi-Fi again (drama.gif) so I can add it to all my playlists wub.gif

You are very welcome biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
SGrey
post Oct 1 2017, 04:01 PM
Post #26
BuzzJack Platinum Member

That GIF! laugh.gif

I find it hard listening to her older material as shes come on so much since her first and second albums to deliver what is her best material for me.

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Oct 5 2017, 02:20 PM
Post #27
c:
Member No.: 20,692

The next track of the week is...

Harry says... - "Ego is one of her more underrated slower singles imo. Throughout the song, it gives off a proper classy vibe and that the best part about the song I feel like if the production was upbeat It would be a different song but still be a great song. Not Beyonce's best of the best but I like it so good choice, Josh".

Sean says... - "I am a total sucker for a slower Beyoncé track. The finger clicking and the piano builds really well for me in this song and feels really natural for her to sing, in my opinion. It definitely feels like a progression from B-Day without being too out there and it fits perfectly onto I Am...Sasha Fierce. My only criticism is the artwork for this - it doesn't live up to the album artwork or the predecessor "Halo", coming across as far too edited. "

Josh says... - "This was my absolute favourite Beyoncé track from quite some time, I always used to skip to this track first when listening to Sasha Fierce and then going back to listen from the start afterwards. This was the first Beyoncé track I was properly obsessed with (I was a bit too young to love Crazy in Love/Deja Vu etc. when they were first released) and remains one of my favourite tracks by her to this day. Sean mentioned the finger clicking which is probably one of my favourite parts of the song but the whole sensual package of the lyrics and the video too make it one of her most confident and sexy songs wub.gif"

+Quote Post
HarryBorelli
post Oct 5 2017, 05:26 PM
Post #28
The Lady Said Go Home!

I made my feelings on Ego clear I like it but I don't go back to it much.

+Quote Post
SGrey
post Oct 5 2017, 06:11 PM
Post #29
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Agree with ya Harry, far from her best!

+Quote Post
Mack.
post Oct 5 2017, 10:20 PM
Post #30
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
Member No.: 12,915
   No Gallery Pics

Weren't too sure about the Kanye feature in the remix for this. She has done better.

+Quote Post
SGrey
post Oct 15 2017, 02:38 PM
Post #31
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Sean says: I think my earliest memory of Bills Bills Bills was the Glee Warblers cover and at the time I didn't clock onto the fact it was Destiny's Child. This is definitely a signature Destiny's Child track and I find it quite amusing how Beyoncé is serving looks as a hairdresser kink.gif similar to Josh and Harry, it is a highlight for me in their discography even if it is easily overlooked in comparison to the other DC singles. It's slick, catchy, and the chorus breakdown is fantastic biggrin.gif

Josh says: Sassy Beyoncé is ALWAYS the best Beyoncé but it's even better when her three backing singers the other three members of Destiny's Child are being super sassy alongside her. I hadn't really heard of this before a few years back when I went and listened to more Destiny's Child stuff but this was an immediate highlight of mine. It's catchy and really smooth too and unfortunately, it gets a bit overlooked 'cause of how big some of their other singles were which is a bit of a shame sad.gif

Harry says: One of the best Destiny's Child tracks although nothing can top Say My Name or Lose My Breath. This is in their top 5 for me. Just the first 4 lines I weirdly love "At first we started out real cool, Taking me places I ain't never been, But now, you're getting comfortable, Ain't doing those things you did no more". As well as the bit in the chorus that was the "I don't think you do, So, you and me are through"and DC sing it almost as if word for word like each word came with its own full stop after they sang it. Overall great choice and I adore it wub.gif

+Quote Post
HarryBorelli
post Oct 15 2017, 03:08 PM
Post #32
The Lady Said Go Home!

Josh shading Kelly and Michelle I see ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Theonix
post Oct 18 2017, 02:53 PM
Post #33
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
Member No.: 8,661

Ugh what a tune. They have so many well regarded classics amongst the GP and this is definitely one of them! Great choice biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
HarryBorelli
post Oct 22 2017, 11:23 AM
Post #34
The Lady Said Go Home!

Up next with.... Naughty Boy featuring Arrow Benjamin & Beyoncé - Runnin' (Lose It All)

I Say: "The setup for this Beyoncé collab with Naughty Boy and Arrow Benjamin is so simple but powerful. From the opening words it sets up the rest of the duet perfectly and in fact, I would go ahead and say this is one of the most beautiful songs Beyoncé has ever made/been on. Just stunning from start to finish. I actually really like Arrow's vocals too so it's just the love for Beyoncé for me. I am rather annoyed ay myself for it only peaking at #10 on my personal chart when in fact it should be higher in my chart sad.gif. Great song, however".

Josh Says: "This is one of the few Beyoncé tracks that I'm actually not much of a fan of. I did find it quite nice, to begin with, but it's quite subdued and chill in sound so it never massively excited me in comparison to party anthems like 7/11 and Flawless Remix from recent years. Then it turned into a massive hit and got pretty overplayed too which ruined my enjoyment of it and now it's one of the Bey tracks that I revisit the least. Arrow Benjamin is pretty pointless too, it should've just all been Bey tbh laugh.gif

Sean Says: "This one is SO simple yet so catchy all at once. It’s been performed a few times on X-Factor this season which is where I’ve only really started to appreciate it but Beyoncé makes it for me as the best rendition. The title lyric is probably my favourite part of the song as is the intro and really hope we get Beyoncé featuring on these sort of tracks more often!"

What does everyone else think of Runnin' (Lose It All)?

+Quote Post
SGrey
post Oct 22 2017, 12:04 PM
Post #35
BuzzJack Platinum Member

The video as well matched the song me thinks.

+Quote Post
Theonix
post Oct 22 2017, 03:35 PM
Post #36
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
Member No.: 8,661

Definitely one of the best songs vocally that Bey has featured on. I don't actually go back to it that much though and I'm very surprised that it's popped up so frequently on X Factor this year (alongside a TV ad too). It makes me sad that it's the only top 10 hit she's had since "Drunk in Love" though sad.gif

+Quote Post
SGrey
post Oct 26 2017, 07:42 AM
Post #37
BuzzJack Platinum Member

I don’t understand the overkill on XFactor either. It’s Adele - One and Only all over again drama.gif

+Quote Post
SGrey
post Nov 3 2017, 08:05 PM
Post #38
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Harry: I like the lyrical content of this song as Sia writes such a beautiful song for Beyonce. The song also has a powerful message about beauty and how there is pressure to beautiful in this song. The song also gets an equally powerful video which takes place in a pageant. I don't hear it enough but I do rather have a soft spot for it.

Josh: I still remember really vividly waking up to a brand new Beyonce album being dropped and downloading it straight away. Upon hearing this as the first track, I knew it was going to be something special wub.gif It's probably the closest thing to 'old' Beyonce on the album but it's a gorgeous ballad with some really poignant lyrics. I'd say it's probably still in my favourite three tracks on self-titled alongside Drunk In Love and ***Flawless.

Sean: This has Sia written all over it and I am so bloody glad that Beyoncé got this track because shes taken a song mostly written by someone else and has put her entire stamp all over it. The last week or two I have been utterly OBSESSED with this track. Vocally it's just UNBELIEVABLE. I think it's around 2:21-2:30 (3:14 as well) which is just CRAZY. The notes you can tell were so Sia but Bey's tone is fabulous and there really is no denying this as a moment. Visually the music video is a bit long for me but the entire package together expresses the sentiment flawlessly that it doesn't matter what's on the outside, but the inside. It's the soul that needs the surgery is a fantastic lyric and sums up the angle brilliantly. I could rant and rave about this song until the end of time (kink.gif) but it really is up there as one of my favourites.

What is your opinion on Pretty Hurts?

+Quote Post
HarryBorelli
post Nov 4 2017, 12:04 PM
Post #39
The Lady Said Go Home!

Come to think of it I prefer Pretty Hurts as video rather than a song.

+Quote Post
SGrey
post Nov 5 2017, 08:17 AM
Post #40
BuzzJack Platinum Member

It is a brilliant all round package and one of her best.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:28 AM