BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Kubo and the Two Strings
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Josh!
post Sep 21 2016, 09:34 AM
Post #1
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

This has been out for a little while now and has received spectacular reviews. I thought I'd missed it due to being busy last week and now my local is only showing it during the day BUT I now have no lessons tomorrow so going to see it then. I've hated all of Laika's output so far but this does look better than the rest of their stuff so I'm cautiously optimistic. Has anyone else seen it?

This post has been edited by Josh.: Sep 21 2016, 09:35 AM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Sep 24 2016, 08:58 AM
Post #2
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692
Absolutely loved this so that's a first for a Laika movie. I still found that art style a little jarring in parts but then The majority of it flowed so well, especially the origami parts, I was in awe from the start at those. It hit all the right emotional marks, the characters were loveable and all had a good share of the jokes and my jaw dropped when the 'Two Strings' bit clicked with me (so clever! ohmy.gif). Also the villains were legitimately petrifying, if I was a child watching this movie, I'd have had nightmares for weeks at those sisters. The way the masks, voices, maniacal laughing all came together! They were my favourite characters probably. Probably my pick for top animation this year, shame it's been so overlooked.

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post Nov 22 2016, 05:53 PM
Post #3
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674
This was nice and sweet, I liked some of the humour but it didn't connect with me in the way Zootropolis and Finding Dory did so it definitely wasn't my favourite kids animation of the year. Doesn't inspire me to go back and watch previous Laika movies but I will give them more of a chance in the future (only saw this as I was searching for something to watch on my day off and I found an Odeon showing it) as I enjoyed the different animation style.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 03:21 AM