BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> You & I • 5 Years On, we don't wanna be like them
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
You & I • 5 Years On
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 6
Guests cannot vote 
Calum
post May 6 2019, 02:13 PM
Post #1
Group icon
nabad
Pronouns: he/him
User: 18,316

It's recently just passed the fifth anniversary of You & I being released as the fourth and final single from the boys' third album Midnight Memories! ohmy.gif

Five years later, what are your favourite memories of the song? Do you still like it (or loathe it)? Has it aged well, and would you have done anything differently with its release? Be sure to vote in the poll too so we can see what the general perception of You & I as a single is now! biggrin.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post May 6 2019, 03:18 PM
Post #2
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530
Somewhere in between for me - it's not as good as Best Song Ever or Story of My Life, but better than Midnight Memories! A good single choice too and I'd definitely have picked it myself. It's not their very best overall but a lovely song and it's held up pretty damn well.

+Quote this post
Riser
post May 7 2019, 01:58 AM
Post #3
Group icon
The horrors persist, but so do I
User: 19,534
Good single choice, but not to close the era. I wish it'd been pushed sooner, but then it would've been either before or after Story Of My Life and they were probably trying to avoid having back-to-back ballads as singles.

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post May 7 2019, 04:29 AM
Post #4
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308
I think at the time Midnight Memories felt like the most obvious single to follow the album release because it was super catchy but after Story Of My Life it felt too juvenile and thus stunted their momentum. You & I aged the worst out of the four singles for me but I agree it was a nice choice. I just wish the styling for the video was better, I mean whose idea was it to make Louis look like a 40 year old pedophile?

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:27 AM