BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> U2 complete their 13th Studio album
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Sydney
post 17th July 2013, 05:39 AM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 1,680

Bono and U2 celebrate completion of their 13th studio album in New York

Bono and company were in New York recently putting the finishing touches on their latest studio album at the Electric Lady Studios in Manhattan.

This new album, the 13th album in U2’s discography, is as yet untitled but what is known is that the band has enlisted the mixing talents of musician/producer Danger Mouse of Gnarls Barkley fame.

In addition to Bono, The Edge, Adam Clayton, and Larry Mullen Jr., Coldplay’s Chris Martin was spotted on the scene, potentially as a featuring artist on the new album. Immediately following the wrap-up of the album, the band hosted a celebratory bash atop the studio.

Some famous faces turned up to wish the band success on the new album including Julian Casablancas of The Strokes and supermodel Helena Christensen.

At this rooftop celebration, the band also recorded an acoustic version video of ‘Sunday Bloody Sunday’ featuring Clayton on piano for “global participatory art project” Inside Out.

Though no official release date has been stated, Adam Clayton has expressed told AtU2, “[They] very much want to have a record out by the end of the year, September, October, November; that kind of time.”

Irishcentral.com
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jupiter9
post 18th July 2013, 08:34 PM
Post #2
Group icon
The Last of the Rock Stars
User: 368

Believe it when I see (hear) it....

+Quote this post
Sydney
post 21st July 2013, 07:52 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Best in years, says Gavin after early listen to new U2 album

18 JULY 2013 02:30 PM

BONO'S pal Gavin Friday has claimed that U2's upcoming album is their "most exciting release since Achtung Baby".

Friday (54) has been given an exclusive listen months ahead of its release. He has been described as a "consultant" by U2 – and he is very much giving a thumbs-up for their 13th album.

"I've heard the new album and it certainly is a development. U2 turns corners very quickly and what hits you is how fresh it sounds. With Edge involved, there is still plenty of guitar," Gavin told the Herald.

"They asked me what I thought and I told them I really liked it. It's definitely their most exciting release since Achtung Baby."

Although the Finglas-born neighbour and life-long friend of Bono came up with the title of early U2 single 11 O'Clock Tick Tock, Gavin revealed he had not made any suggestions for song titles on the new U2 record. "U2 have plenty of their own ideas for song titles," he said. "I'm planning on releasing two albums myself next year, one electronica, the other more guitar-orientated."

Herald.ie

+Quote this post
pippa
post 22nd July 2013, 11:05 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031

I really hope this is a good solid U2 album. But i will wait until i hear it. I am so tired of the best in years or best album since.... on every occasion they release an album and sometimes the results have been disappointing. I really am looking forward to hearing new material from them and seeing them back in the charts again.

+Quote this post
Jupiter9
post 22nd July 2013, 09:23 PM
Post #5
Group icon

'a development'?

Hmmm. Sounds intriguing. thinking.gif

+Quote this post
Sydney
post 26th July 2013, 07:37 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

I wish they would hurry up but at their age wthey hardly know what the word hurry means dry.gif

+Quote this post
Jupiter9
post 28th July 2013, 09:29 PM
Post #7
Group icon

They are too busy swanning around the world attending political meetings and wearing ridiculous outfits sleep.gif

+Quote this post
Sydney
post 30th July 2013, 06:03 AM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

According to a source on TRWS the new U2 album is due out in October ( yes !! this year laugh.gif ) , let's hope it's true unsure.gif

+Quote this post
Jupiter9
post 31st July 2013, 10:07 PM
Post #9
Group icon

Maybe they'll call it 'October'.

Oh wait..... tongue.gif

+Quote this post
Sydney
post 18th August 2013, 07:10 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Chris Martin - Chris Martin working on U2 album

Coldplay singer Chris Martin is rumoured to be helping U2 with their new album, after he was spotted in the studio with them in New York City.

The Coldplay frontman reportedly joined the Irish rockers - Bono, The Edge, Adam Clayton and Larry Mullen Jr. - at Electric Lady Studios in New York City, where they have been working on their 13th album with producer Danger Mouse. According to fan site atu2.com: ''Our reporter saw Coldplay's Chris Martin arrive, followed by Larry Mullen Jr. about two minutes later.
''Shortly after that, a van arrived with three guitars - each with a white label that said 'U2/Edge' - and our reporter actually helped bring the gear into the studio.
''He saw Larry and Chris Martin together in another room before heading back outside.''
The site says when Chris was later approached, he denied he had been in the studio.
The singer is a good friend of Bono and a long time fan of U2, previously saying of the group: ''We respect any musician, particularly ones who have kept going and not changed line-up and have always been good.''
U2 were busy in New York over the weekend, with a video shoot on the roof of Electric Lady Studios, playing an acoustic version of 'Sunday Bloody Sunday' believed to be for the Inside Out Project, an art initiative which hosted a number of works throughout New York City in May.
U2 then posted a photo of the group with Chris meeting the project's founder, JR.
The picture, on the U2 news Twitter feed, was captioned: ''Jedi Council mtng with Bono,Chris Martin, @joseparla, Edge, Larry & @jrart in NYC via @solguy #u2 #bono #edge #larry (sic).''

Contactmusic

+Quote this post
Jupiter9
post 18th August 2013, 08:33 PM
Post #11
Group icon

I thought it was already finished? unsure.gif

+Quote this post
Sydney
post 25th August 2013, 07:25 AM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

According to u2place.com who say that a source inside the Italian Universal record company have said that the new U2 will NOT be coming out this year , looks like the release date could be March 2014

& to think someone told me that finding stuff to write about on an U2 fan website would be easy unsure.gif nocheer.gif

+Quote this post
Sydney
post 30th August 2013, 09:21 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

U2 against Lady Gaga will battle for pre-Christmas sales

The big question the band will Bono, who has recorded in New York an album that could be called Songs Of Ascent'''', and will be published in November and December

http://www.informador.com.mx./.

+Quote this post
Jupiter9
post 30th August 2013, 09:59 PM
Post #14
Group icon

I think 2014 is more likely tbh. I don't get the sense this album is 'imminent'. dry.gif

+Quote this post
Jupiter9
post 4th October 2013, 10:25 PM
Post #15
Group icon

From

http://www.music-news.com/shownews.asp?H=U...p;nItemID=70973

U2 album due in early spring 2014

Bono told David Letterman last week that a new U2 album will be released when God tells them to.

It seems that God has spoken to either U2 or record company executives because a report from Roger Friedman at ShowBiz411.com says that the album should be out in the early spring of next year.

A source told Friedman that the album is almost ready and all of the incidentals such as cover art and videos are being put together now.

The unnamed album will be the band's thirteenth studio effort and their first since 2009's No Line on the Horizon.

+Quote this post
Jupiter9
post 11th October 2013, 10:13 PM
Post #16
Group icon

From

http://www.classichitsandoldies.com/v2/201...arly-next-year/

U2's Adam Clayton Says New Album Should Be Released "Early Next Year"
11 October 2013

We may not have to wait too much longer to get our hands on U2‘s follow-up to 2009′s No Line on the Horizon. Bassist Adam Clayton reveals in a recent interview on Irish radio that he and his band mates currently are in the studio working on the new album and “hope to have it finished very, very soon.”

As for when U2 plans to release its latest collection of tunes, Clayton says, “Sometime early next year.”

The 53-year-old Rock and Roll Hall of Famer adds that the album is “a very exciting bunch of songs right at the moment,” that should please fans of both U2′s early work and its more recent material.

“There’s a bit of a return to U2 of old, but with the maturity, if you like, of the U2 of the last 10 years,” Clayton explains. “It’s a combination of those two things and it’s a really interesting hybrid.”

Getting a little more specific about the status of the new project, Clayton says, “We’re trying to get these 12 songs absolutely right and get them finished by the end of November, and then we can kind of enjoy Christmas.”

Meanwhile, Adam, who got married in early September to Brazilian model Mariana Teixeira, jokingly admits that U2′s focus on the record may be putting a little strain on his relationship.

“I think I’ve been married about a month now and I’ve seen my wife for two weeks of that,” he declares. “It’s not a very good start but those two weeks were a great two weeks.”

U2 apparently is back in New York City working on the album at Electric Lady Studios. On October 1, celebrity chef Mario Batali posted a photo on his Twitter account of U2′s The Edge and himself hanging at the studio. In addition, Batali commented on the sound of the group’s new music and reported that producer Danger Mouse was on hand. U2 and Danger Mouse also were spotted at Electric Lady in June.

Copyright 2013 ABC News Radio

w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif

+Quote this post
Sydney
post 13th October 2013, 08:37 AM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

New U2 album means all work and little play for Adam and Mariana

KIRSTY BLAKE KNOX – 11 OCTOBER 2013 02:30 PM

THE U2 boys are back in town – but Adam Clayton has admitted he rarely sees his new bride.

The Dublin rocker and his wife Mariana de Carvalho married a month ago in a lavish ceremony in the south of France.

However, Adam (53) said that U2 are hard at work on a new album in Dublin and Mariana is complaining that they never get to spend time together as newlyweds.

"I think I've been married about a month now and I've seen my wife two weeks of that, so it's not a very good start," he said. "But those two weeks have been a great two weeks. It doesn't go down too well at home, I've discovered quite quickly."

His fellow bandmates were also out in the capital last night – Bono and his wife Ali Hewson joined The Edge and Larry Mullen for a night filled with lofty conversation and colourful canvasses.

Maria Doyle Kennedy, Gavin Friday, Harry Crosbie and Guggi were also in attendance at the launch of Anne Madden's latest exhibition Dark and Light.

Asked about Wednesday night out with the former US President Bill Clinton, Bono told the Herald: "I love 'Pres 42'. I like hanging out with him whenever I can but some of us have got to work."

Bono described being with Mr Clinton as "like going out with a jazz musician".

"He's a great performer and has so much charisma. There's no subject he can't talk about.

"I love him like every Irish person does. He's great company," he said.

The rock star refused to discuss U2's upcoming album, but The Edge said fans can expect something completely different.

Vintage

"We always try to bring out something different, every time we're in studio. But it's the fans who decide that really," he said.

Earlier in the day, Adam Clayton said the sound had a vintage vibe.

"We're in the studio, we're trying to get these 12 songs absolutely right and get them finished by the end of November and then we can enjoy Christmas," he said.

"I may have to go and visit the in-laws, so I could well be in Brazil over Christmas."

For U2 manager Paul McGuinness, last night was all about the artwork, saying that he has a huge 10-foot painting of Icarus shown bursting into flames in his New York apartment.

"It's very dramatic," he said.

While artist Anne Madden is close to the rock legends now, she admitted she had no idea who they were when they first met.

"I met them in 1984 at an Amnesty International exhibition," she said.

"I hadn't a clue who they were at the time. They gave us one of their albums as a gift and I knew nothing about it. But my children were very impressed. We have been friends since then."

There are 20 pieces in the new exhibition which will run until October 26.

hnews@herald.ie

+Quote this post
Jupiter9
post 14th October 2013, 08:20 PM
Post #18
Group icon

Apparently they are saying it will be released 'early next year'. I wonder what that means. January? March? June? unsure.gif

+Quote this post
Sparkle
post 14th October 2013, 09:09 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 518

QUOTE(Jupiter9 @ Oct 14 2013, 09:20 PM) *
Apparently they are saying it will be released 'early next year'. I wonder what that means. January? March? June? unsure.gif

April 1st tongue.gif

+Quote this post
Jupiter9
post 14th October 2013, 09:25 PM
Post #20
Group icon

Feb 29th happy.gif

Is next year a Leap Year? unsure.gif