BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
16 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pokémon GO, New Pokémon game for iOS
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Colm
post Jul 9 2016, 09:25 AM
Post #21
Group Icon
Yes, it's me.
User: 9,885
QUOTE(HarryEzra @ Jul 8 2016, 01:00 PM) *
The annoyonce of having a android cry.gif

A small price to pay for not having to deal with Apple's system.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Iz 🌟
post Jul 9 2016, 02:46 PM
Post #22
Group Icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929
Finally got it working* and it's probably a sign of my inexperience with Pokemon that I'm excited to see my suburb half filled with Pidgeys.

*albeit the 3G in my area is awful and half the time it loses GPS so I may have... obstacles.

+Quote Post
Rooney
post Jul 9 2016, 03:43 PM
Post #23
Group Icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88
I caved and tried the workaround, but it wants me to add a card to my US account? Don't wanna do that, unless you really have to??

+Quote Post
Iz 🌟
post Jul 9 2016, 03:45 PM
Post #24
Group Icon
QUOTE(Rooney @ Jul 9 2016, 04:43 PM) *
I caved and tried the workaround, but it wants me to add a card to my US account? Don't wanna do that, unless you really have to??

You just set billing up as 'none' as you're only using that account to get a free app.

+Quote Post
Dannyboy
post Jul 9 2016, 03:47 PM
Post #25
Group Icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 632
I don't understand this game, why is everyone talking about it ? ive never played them but I feel I'm missing out ha ha

+Quote Post
Rooney
post Jul 9 2016, 04:10 PM
Post #26
Group Icon
WINTER IS COMING
QUOTE(Iz~ @ Jul 9 2016, 04:45 PM) *
You just set billing up as 'none' as you're only using that account to get a free app.

How do I do that? I've seen people mention it, but I can't find that option.

+Quote Post
Rooney
post Jul 9 2016, 04:15 PM
Post #27
Group Icon
WINTER IS COMING
QUOTE(Rooney @ Jul 9 2016, 05:10 PM) *
How do I do that? I've seen people mention it, but I can't find that option.

Scrap that, it's working now. Strange!

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Jul 9 2016, 04:17 PM
Post #28
Group Icon
Howdy, disco citizens
User: 10,455
My iPhone's a work one, so I'm going to have to wait until it's legally available in the UK app store.

In the meantime I'll just have to satiate my appetite for Pokémon with these bars of soap that I bought online that are shaped like Pokéballs, which as they are lathered down reveal a Pokémon inside -

Yes, I am a full grown man, which means I can spend £20 buying Pokémon soaps if I want to.

+Quote Post
Iz 🌟
post Jul 9 2016, 04:19 PM
Post #29
Group Icon
That is... dedication to the collecting cause. laugh.gif

QUOTE(Dannyboy @ Jul 9 2016, 04:47 PM) *
I don't understand this game, why is everyone talking about it ? ive never played them but I feel I'm missing out ha ha

The fuss with this one is that you go out and hunt for Pokemon in the real world with community landmarks acting as hotspots and that sort of thing, so to play the game you have to go for a walk.

+Quote Post
Regina
post Jul 9 2016, 04:19 PM
Post #30
Group Icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572
Sorry but this looks like shit laugh.gif and once the hype and initial gimmick dies down, nobody will care. People who never play the games are only getting this because everyone else is. People I know who blast Pokemon are suddenly totally into it all of a sudden.

+Quote Post
Silas
post Jul 9 2016, 04:20 PM
Post #31
Group Icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474
I caved and switched to my Aussie account. Chose Charmander to start but I'm not sure that was a fab idea.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jul 9 2016, 04:24 PM
Post #32
Group Icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
QUOTE(Regina @ Jul 9 2016, 05:19 PM) *
Sorry but this looks like shit laugh.gif and once the hype and initial gimmick dies down, nobody will care. People who never play the games are only getting this because everyone else is. People I know who blast Pokemon are suddenly totally into it all of a sudden.

Finally someone who agrees laugh.gif #lazyftw

Also the glorified Pokemon Rumble gameplay just doesn't really interest me either. They could have spent a few more month at least making a basic battle system, that would have been so much more of an incentive. But I guess it's good the gimmick will get people out and walking about.

+Quote Post
mdh
post Jul 9 2016, 04:31 PM
Post #33
Group Icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 22,776

It's just like the Kardashian Game a few years ago, loads of people loved it and all of a sudden it was old news. This will be like that. Times move on and so do games.

+Quote Post
Iz 🌟
post Jul 9 2016, 04:31 PM
Post #34
Group Icon
Sorry but this looks like shit laugh.gif and once the hype and initial gimmick dies down, nobody will care.

Oh for sure with the bolded part, like any new big hyped thing. But for now it's a rather fun wave of hype to watch, full of nice stories about spotting other players and people finding out more about their area through it, that sort of stuff.

It's also the ease of getting it, I've never played Pokemon not because I have no interest in it but I've never gotten around to investing in one of the normal games.

+Quote Post
mdh
post Jul 9 2016, 04:33 PM
Post #35
Group Icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 22,776
^^ yeah but it says a lot about today's generation - it takes technology to get people away from technology inside.

+Quote Post
Rooney
post Jul 9 2016, 04:36 PM
Post #36
Group Icon
WINTER IS COMING
Can see the hype dying down, but man just look at games like Tapped Out, Candy Crush, Clash of Clans.. this app is going to make billions.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jul 9 2016, 04:45 PM
Post #37
Group Icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
I guess this is more for casual fans than die hards, although I have seen a lot of the latter getting into it too. It's good for casual fans or non fans to be able to ease in without having to agonise over a balanced team, movesets, type matchups etc., but I feel like this about a few of the side games (although this isn't a side game like Dash, Rumble or Pokken Tournament really). When you have all that in your head about movesets, balancing teams, items, completing the pokedex etc., when that formula is tampered with I always enjoy it less. But anything that gets more people interested, if they go on to play Sun & Moon, is fine by me biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Aaron.
post Jul 9 2016, 04:54 PM
Post #38
Group Icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,245
I downloaded this and wondered around for like an hour.
PIDGEY, ZUBAT, DROWZEE GALORE.
I'm a few blocks from the river so naturally thought I would find some Water Pokemon. Just a Psyduck. Boring.
Challenged a few gyms, I was running into Connectivity Issues so lost every time....

I just feel like I look like a moron walking around. Standing still. Catching something... moving around... standing still... catching something.

Someone around me did set off one of those Landmark Incense. Caught a Jynx, but missed out on a Pidgeotto (or whatever its called)

+Quote Post
Silas
post Jul 9 2016, 05:03 PM
Post #39
Group Icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474
I live on the Quays by a heavily industrial area so I should get an interesting variety I reckon. Think this might coax me back into playing the main series again. Just need to find my advance sp and it's charger so I can break out blue and yellow.

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Jul 9 2016, 08:25 PM
Post #40
Group Icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
User: 5,042
QUOTE(Liаm @ Jul 9 2016, 05:45 PM) *
I guess this is more for casual fans than die hards, although I have seen a lot of the latter getting into it too. It's good for casual fans or non fans to be able to ease in without having to agonise over a balanced team, movesets, type matchups etc., but I feel like this about a few of the side games (although this isn't a side game like Dash, Rumble or Pokken Tournament really). When you have all that in your head about movesets, balancing teams, items, completing the pokedex etc., when that formula is tampered with I always enjoy it less. But anything that gets more people interested, if they go on to play Sun & Moon, is fine by me biggrin.gif
Not at all! It was because of the die hards that I originally knew about it. A good handful of my closest friends absolutely adore Pokemon and are definitely "die hard" and they're extremely excited about it!

But like Rooney says, even when the novelty does wear off, it's going to have made billions and tbh, I think this is such a brilliant idea. Not just because "it gets people out of their houses" etc... but because the game play lends itself to it really well and I like that they've done something like this and used technology advancements to their potential.

+Quote Post

16 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th April 2024 - 08:57 PM