BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Traitors USA • Series 2, January 12th 2024
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Aaron.
post 21st September 2023, 11:01 AM
Post #41
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,245

The latest names I’m seeing, very much influx:

Sandra Diaz-Twine
Sheree Whitfield
Claudia Jordan
Phaedra Parks
Peppermint (Drag Race)

Boston Rob and Lindsay Hubbard who were previously rumoured are no longer taking part
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 22nd September 2023, 11:25 PM
Post #42
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Cast announcement! They really did bring together the best of the best.

+Quote this post
Riser
post 22nd September 2023, 11:45 PM
Post #43
Group icon
The horrors persist, but so do I
User: 19,534

This may be the most stacked cast list I've ever seen ohmy.gif Sandra AND Parvati? Dan AND Janelle?? Bananas AND CT??? If that doesn't get me to watch The Traitors I don't know what will!

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 22nd September 2023, 11:48 PM
Post #44
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

John Bercow hahaha

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 1st November 2023, 02:45 PM
Post #45
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Not a HUGE spoiler, more on the casting side of things: There now seems to be rumblings of Intruder(s) that join later in the game, one confirmed name is Kate Chastain. No confirmation yet on any additional “Intruders”

This post has been edited by Aaron.: 1st November 2023, 02:46 PM

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 15th December 2023, 02:46 AM
Post #46
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

There is also a confirmed aftershow called “Traitors Postmortem” that will be available on YouTube and Peacock.
They will have interviews with the eliminated contestants and will capture their reactions to who the traitors actually are.

This post has been edited by Aaron.: 15th December 2023, 02:52 AM

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 11th January 2024, 12:27 AM
Post #47
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Another tease. Everytime I see something new, I’m reminded this is an absolutely stacked cast and there’s someone new that catches my eye. This time it was Trishelle *.*

My “Traitor” guesses would be:
Dan Gheesling
Deontay Wilder
Phaedra Parks
Peppermint

The last two I am hoping and praying for. I do think Dan could be an obvious choice for a Traitor, he’s damn near perfect and almost mirrors the decision to make Cody a Traitor last year.. so, probably not?

This potentially could open up a spot for someone like Sandra or Parvati.
Confirmation this arrives Jan 12th at 9 ET. So I will make a night of it.

This post has been edited by Aaron.: 12th January 2024, 12:18 AM

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 13th January 2024, 03:34 AM
Post #48
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Thank you Peacock for assembling one of the best cast of all time, that was an epic first episode.

and the traitors are Dan and Phaedra. I gasped when Dan was actually selected and Phaedra was actually pretty high up on my list. I think they work well together. I was also highly impressed with their shortlist of who they wanted as a traitor. Two of my picks selected tho!

Episode 2: epic, we get PARVATI as a Traitor and BANANAS is the first to get murdered. This is fan-fiction at its finest.

Trishelle v Peppermint laugh.gif
John running in the challenge laugh.gif
Classic Sheree flip-flopping on her opinion when put on the spot laugh.gif

That first round table was a bit short, but there were only two really obvious targets for that vote. I feel like Peppermint put herself in that position, I’m not upset by that banishment.

Episode 3: zoned out of the challenge completely but I heard Janelle snatched a shield which was very big brother coated.

Interesting both UK and US ended on the same twist tonight.

This post has been edited by Aaron.: 13th January 2024, 06:25 AM

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 13th January 2024, 12:25 PM
Post #49
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

Not available to watch anywhere in the UK 🙃 I thought we were in 2024 but apparently not?!

There's such a huge audience for it, it makes no sense ugh.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 14th January 2024, 08:44 PM
Post #50
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

It’s going on BBC3 again apparently but there isn’t a date for it yet

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 19th January 2024, 07:45 AM
Post #51
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

My god this is TELEVISION!!!

Unpopular opinion but I find normal people on The Traitors incredibly boring tbh, it is genius casting to have reality tv legends and people who are used to making good TV like Real Housewives. You’ve got excellent game players like Sandra, Dan and Parvati, then you’ve got quite volatile people like Phaedra, and it’s an excellent formula, this has been cast so impeccably. Ekin-Su has been incredibly disappointing though given how great she was on Love Island.

Although for me I can’t believe the Faithfuls aren’t already targeting at least Dan/Parvati/Sandra, unless none of them have seen BB or Survivor, surely it’s blatantly obvious that firstly they’d be prime candidates for a Traitor but also that they’d play it excellently, so you’d surely suspect them first. But then I guess that’s also part of the game, if you thought that and were wrong it could definitely ruin your game so you have to potentially bide your time until there’s less targets and someone slips up. Dan and Parvati working together is a f***ing DREAM on TV and I hope it continues for the whole season.

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 19th January 2024, 01:19 PM
Post #52
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Oh, so I assumed perhaps this followed the UK delivery where we get 3 episodes a week. Nope. Episode 5 isn’t until next week.
In addition to that, although the first batch of episodes landed at the same time as everyone else, for some reason, Episode 4 wasn’t released in real time in Canada??

I however still managed to find the episode.
Episode 4: It's strange seeing the same challenges and twists from the UK one this weekend up in the US Episode, however, brilliant twist and it did end up quite differently from the UK episode. CAMP. PHAEDRA v DAN AND PARVATI!! The Housewives Alliances v The Gamers Alliance - YES! I love both sides however. Eek, looks like Janelle may have a target on her name.

But I agree. This is - probably has the potential to be the best RTV Season of all time if it keeps going the way it is. Easily the best ensemble that has been put together for a RTV show.
The biggest opportunity unfortunately was not putting UK and US back to back like this, especially since they are basically using the same challenges. They should have left one to air in a few months from now. I do however like that one is all Celebrities and one is all Newbies.
They've definitely made the effort to make the Challenges more watchable as well, they have a bigger impact on the game and stronger narration/confessionals throughout.

This post has been edited by Aaron.: 19th January 2024, 01:27 PM

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 20th January 2024, 02:58 PM
Post #53
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

(#1 show on Peacock, viewership up 75% from Season 1 Premiere and renewed for Season 3)

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 20th January 2024, 06:36 PM
Post #54
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

Yeah this is fantastic so far, so many great characters. The ones I know (Dan and Janelle) are serving as I hoped and I've discovered so many great new players. Parvati vs Phaedra !!!! but I love them both laugh.gif John Bercow being a deer in headlights, his only storyline so far being his heavy breathing tearsmile.gif

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 20th January 2024, 09:56 PM
Post #55
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Phaedra beefing with Parvati is so Brantsteele simulator, this season is everything and more, I’m dead ��

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 26th January 2024, 03:21 PM
Post #56
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Wowza, what an intense Episode 5:

Not Tamra AND Janelle. Although, I’m happy that Tamra went over Sandra in that murder, but I need Sandra to stand out a bit more.

Dan v Janelle again MY GOD.
Sandra v Janelle nooo my favs.

Janelle shot herself in the foot for probably going after Dan a week too early. He was easily able to pull in the numbers, despite a lot of people clocking onto him. It’s not looking so great for Dan - but it’s looking good again for Phaedra!

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 26th January 2024, 11:54 PM
Post #57
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

SCREAMING

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 2nd February 2024, 03:09 PM
Post #58
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Episode 6 that round table was so intense!

Yeah, the writing has been on the wall for Dan for a while now, it was unavoidable. I love Dan but he didn't play a very good fake faithful game. Janelle called him out for, pretty much doing exactly nothing and she was right! Peter planting that information really paid off and was one of the best Faithful moves we've seen on The Traitors so far. The round table was so intense and Dan tried pulling off one of his classic Big Brother moves. Phaedra completely checked him, however.
I think recruiting Peter may be a mistake. I love Parvati but I don't see a path for her to win as a Traitor at this point. Too many eyes on her.
Phaedra does/did have a good path forward, it will be interesting to see if anyone picks up the suspicions Dan had.
Peter has a very good path forward as a Traitor or a Faithful. Phaedra and Parvati should try to find a way to offboard him ASAP but that will prove difficult.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 4th February 2024, 12:11 PM
Post #59
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

It's been great watching Dan play a game like this again but I agree, he didn't quite adapt well enough this time. He was far too quiet and didn't plant enough seeds to be able to land the shot at Phaedra. Peter's plan was brilliant though, just the kind of gameplay I want to see!!

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 5th February 2024, 09:51 PM
Post #60
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Reunion confirmed! Films this week !

+Quote this post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >