BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
13 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> BJSC 149 - G R A N D F I N A L - Results done, Who won round 149 and will host round 150??
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
King Rollo
post 9th November 2022, 06:46 PM
Post #201
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 23,961

Thanks to WoW for hosting the final and congratulations to Oslol.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
imaduck
post 9th November 2022, 06:46 PM
Post #202
Group icon
(i've been drinking)
User: 18,675

QUOTE(WoW73 @ Nov 9 2022, 05:13 PM) *
Ask imaduck, he designed them smile.gif

I see.

Call me messy, but uses my spreadsheets to organise the results.

Tell me you're into this hot mess without telling me you're into this hot mess...

HOLY SHIT BITCHES

This was genuinly the best BJSC for years for songs I liked, so I'm ELATED to have won! The pop voters/submitters were out in force, I live.

Thank you for everyone who enjoyed my song (even if you didn't give me points) I look forward to redisapointing you next month, has a host ever failed to vote? Is that a record I can go for?

roll on BJSC 150, hope you like algebra.

This post has been edited by imaduck: 9th November 2022, 07:33 PM

+Quote this post
awardinary
post 9th November 2022, 06:55 PM
Post #203
Group icon
Here to play, here to stay
Pronouns: he/him
User: 21,587

imaduck doesn’t post much but when he does he shows he has a big personality! I am looking forward to participating in my first hosted contest by him and anticipate a better result than this month for myself, I don’t have to worry about protecting a Q streak anymore!

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 9th November 2022, 06:58 PM
Post #204
Group icon
CROWN THE WITCH
Pronouns: he/they
User: 77,363

We demand a doechii song for Oslol next month to avenge her truly undeserved DNQ!!

+Quote this post
imaduck
post 9th November 2022, 06:59 PM
Post #205
Group icon
(i've been drinking)
User: 18,675

QUOTE(Dr. Bré @ Nov 9 2022, 03:04 PM) *
aggressively mid Becky Hill clone

QUOTE(RabbitFurCoat @ Nov 9 2022, 03:04 PM) *
bang average dance Aquafina would finish 37th with

You may think you're coming for me, but this is my exact aim.

(and also the 13th and 18th lines of the Oslol national anthem)

+Quote this post
Jade
post 9th November 2022, 07:14 PM
Post #206
Group icon
I was waitin' in the garden
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

Well 36th isn't particularly interesting, not a unique position and I've escaped the bottom 5 so I'm still yet to 'achieve' that in a final kink.gif I'm really not fussed though as being in the final at all was beyond my wildest expectations for this one (indeed only barely made it in!). Thanks to everyone who pointed Los Bitchos - especially WhoOdyssey for my sole medal in the final and RabbitFurCoat for the one in the semi-finals happy.gif

Congrats to Oslol on the victory! My winner prediction at the listening sessions was FSR Rontvia so I was fairly close with that guess. Add me to the pile of participants who are out of touch with BJSC at the moment as I only voted for three of the top 10, one of which was a 1 pointer (yay Bøtanikkä, Cumulonimbia and Thelonia) and I've only voted for two of the winners this year so far. I think my biggest delight of the results is Suedeonia finishing in the top 15 *.* On the other hand, Aeroche placing outside the top 10 and Dobago just missing top 20 is disappointing sad.gif

Thanks very much for the hosting WoW even if I could only follow the first five minutes live laugh.gif (probably for the best with the lack of action for my own song x)

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 9th November 2022, 07:37 PM
Post #207
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376

Thanks for the fab hosting wow and john, and congrats Ducky a worthy winner! There were lots of good tracks and it was a tad bemusing to see the mutually-voting more-indie/experimental semi 1 qualifiers a little baffled that some more poppy excluded DNQ voters would somehow vote for the ones that were never likely to be their cup of tea laugh.gif

On behalf of those who havent qualified for ages or not much of late (Hi! Here I am! teresa.gif ), just gonna say I love every single one of my BJSC entries whether they appeal to a wider audience or not (usually not, given I intentionally make them as varied as I can) and DNQ'ing doesn't mean it's a BAD track at all (see below 332 million views for a now massively cult huge DNQ that had hardly any views when I entered it 5 or 6 years ago) - and there's nowt wrong with a fab current-sounding pop track winning either laugh.gif Obv Kath should have won the other month too (10m youtube views now and a massive hit) but BJSC voters not always that good at spotting monsters kink.gif

+Quote this post
Brer
post 9th November 2022, 07:59 PM
Post #208
Group icon
stick my flag in the dirt, watch it blow
User: 8,300

I am double checking stuff as I may be more error prone than usual due to running on limited sleep but by my calculations the results are a bit better than they look. Bear with x

(dw, Oslol still won)

+Quote this post
Rap Codester
post 9th November 2022, 08:18 PM
Post #209
Group icon
Gia, do you know the order of the solos?
User: 21,308

QUOTE(imaduck @ Nov 9 2022, 10:46 AM) *
spelling is fun

+Quote this post
Brer
post 9th November 2022, 08:29 PM
Post #210
Group icon

Nvm it was indeed my mistake and this is why proofreading is important

But anyway here is the final scoreboard with the tiebreaks magic.gif

(edit: have just edited the tiebreaks into WoW's original final scoreboard post, my numbers did all match after fixing my mistake so no need to have the entire scoreboard posted twice x)

+Quote this post
WoW73
post 9th November 2022, 08:37 PM
Post #211
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 93,211

QUOTE(imaduck @ Nov 9 2022, 07:46 PM) *
I see.

Call me messy, but uses my spreadsheets to organise the results.

Tell me you're into this hot mess without telling me you're into this hot mess...

HOLY SHIT BITCHES

This was genuinly the best BJSC for years for songs I liked, so I'm ELATED to have won! The pop voters/submitters were out in force, I live.

Thank you for everyone who enjoyed my song (even if you didn't give me points) I look forward to redisapointing you next month, has a host ever failed to vote? Is that a record I can go for?

But I live for the mess!! And, those google sheets are the only ones i know how to use..... yahoo.gif

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 9th November 2022, 08:37 PM
Post #212
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54

So surprised by that winner. I’m just too out of touch with what would do well but I totally get why RFC would liken it to an Aquafina flop… especially as Aquafina actually brought a good track this month yet DNQ

Happy to see Rontvia and Thelonia in the top 5 though wub.gif

Plus a stay with the ducks is never a bad thing even if I didn’t care for the song, bring on the next contest happy.gif

+Quote this post
Cameron
post 9th November 2022, 08:50 PM
Post #213
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061

As if Ulrikke came 30th booo

+Quote this post
Cameron
post 9th November 2022, 08:52 PM
Post #214
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061

But amazing hosting and a nice winner!!

+Quote this post
Brer
post 9th November 2022, 09:06 PM
Post #215
Group icon

Didn't really care much for any of the top 3 unforch (ranked 37th, 21st and 33rd for me respectively), cannot begrudge Oslol the win when that's the biggest margin between the top 2 we've had for a while, not to mention another song finally topping 300 points. Aw at FSR having a second silver of the year but still awaiting another win though, surely one of these days! At least Thelonia is a bright spot in the top 5 which is definitely higher than I'd have predicted music.gif also as I said before ofc great to see 070 Shake doing well again, 6th seems like a very fair position for that as it's another really strong song from her but not quiiite on the level of 'Guilty Conscience'. And Cumulonimbia winning that 10th place tie means that I at least got one of my medallists up there, an instantly excellent song and I really enjoyed getting engrossed in the Tom & Jerry visuals when I remembered to queue them for the final listenthrough (though may be for the best that I was focusing on just the song before that haha). A shame there couldn't have been room for Kathaldazia to be top 10 as well but still a good result for them too.

Aeroche definitely deserved better than 13th aw, not that that's an awful result but given they won with the same artist before I'd have hoped this would be going for at least top 10 again! However Suedeonia sneaking a top 15 finish is definitely one of the highlights of this contest, that song was really giving me lost classic vibes <3 also happy enough to be with some great company in the lower top 20 from Trifoski, Summericia and Harmonica (plus Dobago just making the top half too), midtable gang are the true winners. Jadakissnia definitely deserved better too but as they only just got through the semi I'll just be happy they were in the final so I could play that video on SyncTube again <3

Thanks WoW & John for your hostings this month! One more to go to round out the year ~

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 9th November 2022, 09:33 PM
Post #216
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116

Do you have a YTD update please Bré, so we all know what to aim for in the final contest?

It feels like the fight must be between Altyr, Hendinia and Aeroche.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 9th November 2022, 09:35 PM
Post #217
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272

Thanks to everyone who voted for the wonderful Rita And The Tiaras song. It came up on one of the personalised Spotify playlists and I loved it from the start. I agree with the comments here and on the listen through that it sounds like a lost hit. There was an earlier version recorded by Gloria Jones who recorded the original version of Tainted Love and was the girlfriend of Marc Bolan. That version is rather wonderful too.

+Quote this post
Qween
post 9th November 2022, 09:37 PM
Post #218
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709

QUOTE(gooddelta @ Nov 9 2022, 09:33 PM) *
Do you have a YTD update please Bré, so we all know what to aim for in the final contest?

It feels like the fight must be between Altyr, Hendinia and Aeroche.

Please no, I’m not ready for a repeat of the final contest of 2020.

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post 9th November 2022, 09:39 PM
Post #219
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 12,837

I'm SO bad at predicting what BJSC will like. I have been sitting on Release for MONTHS (it was a 3-week number one on my chart back when it came out in April lmao) but I was just sure y'all would pay it dust laugh.gif but congratulations to Oslol though because it is an amazing song heart.gif

Happy with a top 10 though so thanks for the pts everyone! <3

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 9th November 2022, 10:04 PM
Post #220
Group icon
CROWN THE WITCH
Pronouns: he/they
User: 77,363

QUOTE(devil in coffin @ Nov 9 2022, 09:39 PM) *
I'm SO bad at predicting what BJSC will like.

me irl

+Quote this post

13 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 4th June 2024, 06:50 PM