BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Special, Gay Sitcom / Netflix
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
JackTheeStallion
post Apr 15 2019, 08:23 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

New LGBT series featuring a gay man with cerebral palsy is on Netflix and it is EVERYTHING. Well written, hilarious and really touching at points too. Unfortunately the episodes are only 15 minutes long which is really frustrating. It seems to have received to little to no promotion by Netflix as well which is disappointing.

I'd urge everyone to watch this, it's so feel good and such an easy watch! wub.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Apr 16 2019, 07:10 PM
Post #2
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217
Watched all of this last night and really enjoyed! wub.gif Despite the short episode lengths, I thought the characters were very instantly appealing. Ryan’s friend/colleague Kim is a scene stealer! I felt bad for the mother, she couldn’t do right for doing wrong despite being so selfless and caring. cry.gif

It’s great to see a show that shines a spotlight on navigating life with a disability, and I also appreciated it for being a positive portrayal of being LGBT.

Would definitely recommend, I’m glad you enjoyed it too Jack! wub.gif

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post Apr 16 2019, 10:58 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Glad to see someone else likes it!! I agree the other characters were so good and well thought out, Kim especially was a absolute icon throughout. I'm hoping it picks up another series and gets an extended episode length next time, it's too good to just be a one off!

+Quote this post
Calum
post Apr 16 2019, 11:29 PM
Post #4
Group icon
nabad
User: 18,316
Watched this last night after seeing you post the thread and it was amazing! wub.gif Pretty much agree with everything you've both said already, and like Jay said I couldn't help but feel sorry for the mum so much. cry.gif I kinda started to dislike him towards the end. Kim is iconic though!

Agreed that it definitely needs a second season, and bumping the episodes up to 45 minutes (or even half an hour) would be great.

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post Apr 23 2019, 06:15 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,585
Loved this! Watched it all in one go. Hopefully it gets another series and they extend the episodes. Kim is friend goals.

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post Jun 22 2019, 08:52 AM
Post #6
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674
I finally got around to finishing this last night (lmao I'm like the total opposite of a binge watcher, even with the 15 minute episode lengths I spread it out unintentionally over more than a month), I really hope it gets picked up for more episodes because not only is it funny, charming and great for representation but we can't be left on a sad note forever. sad.gif

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post Dec 18 2019, 10:12 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Second season confirmed today heart.gif

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post Dec 19 2019, 03:45 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pleasantly surprised about that! I didn't know how well it did, but so happy, it was one of my Netflix highlights from this year. Would love if we also got an extended length time for episodes and a longer run too!

Hoping 'Bonding' gets renewed next!

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post Mar 15 2021, 07:57 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
The second season will sadly be the last, due on May 20th and episodes have been increased to 30 minutes.

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post Mar 15 2021, 08:01 PM
Post #10
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403
Aw. Looking forward to this though!

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:16 PM