BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Club Bizarre Vol. 6 | THE RESULTS, //COMMENCING AT 20:00 [maybe]
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Cody Buckley
post 26th January 2019, 10:44 PM
Post #121
Group icon
Gia, do you know the order of the solos?
User: 21,308

well that’s not good at all sad.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 26th January 2019, 10:58 PM
Post #122
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54

Dear lord I'm awful at this! laugh.gif

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post 26th January 2019, 11:21 PM
Post #123
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403

thanks everyone for 12th! bre and mattias made this edition worth entering with their amazing tracks. well done jeff for great hosting too.

a quick question for jeff - did you change my version to the extended mix deliberately? my fault really for not speaking up but i didn't actually click my link until yesterday oop. i'd opted for the radio edit cos i think the extended version is a bit long so i hope it didn't 'cause some of you not to vote it eeeek. i don't think it would've made much difference.

+Quote this post
BridgeCow
post 26th January 2019, 11:28 PM
Post #124
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 23,860

QUOTE(Cucumberella @ Jan 26 2019, 11:21 PM) *
a quick question for jeff - did you change my version to the extended mix deliberately? my fault really for not speaking up but i didn't actually click my link until yesterday oop. i'd opted for the radio edit cos i think the extended version is a bit long so i hope it didn't 'cause some of you not to vote it eeeek. i don't think it would've made much difference.

Oh I’m so sorry I had no idea! It was definitely not on purpose, not even sure how I managed to do that whoops. Sorry!

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post 26th January 2019, 11:35 PM
Post #125
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: he/him
User: 19,585

Jeff the saboteur

+Quote this post
Rush
post 26th January 2019, 11:42 PM
Post #126
Group icon
wayback machine gif rescuer
User: 18,564

My first top 5 placing!! *.* I'm glad Sir Felix went down so well, I've loved the song since 2014 and never really found anything else like it. The slightly-better-known Nora En Pure remix (which is how I discovered it) and its 2016 vocal version 'Maybe' are great too and probably more accessible, but not quite as unique.

And I cannot complain at all with the 3 songs ahead of me being my exact top 3! All excellent entries; I was surprised the one song I already knew (ShockOne) ended up only my 5th favourite.

By the way, what was the order of the songs in the voting thread/plug playlist? I couldn't tell if it was random or if it was the order the songs were entered, because I was probably one of the last entrants, and I was last on the list.

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 27th January 2019, 12:20 AM
Post #127
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

OMG y'all too kind! That's a slight improvement on the last volume laugh.gif thanks for the love once again, to win with another trance song too *_* Driftmoon getting some justice after BJSC served him short. I actually prefer Genesis to this track (cos it has strings too innit) but this is such a powerful, uplifting piece too.

Same top 3 as the first edition then. Dan getting five top 5s is very impressive!

Of course Addy sent Rhapsody in E wub.gif one of the best songs sent to any of these. Brill choices from Jupiter, Cody & Bré too!

And yes, I'd be happy to host CB7 - I have a theme in mind if we're going back down that route but I'll liaise with the mods closer to the time. Thanks to Jeff for hosting another great contest (tho somewhat relieved to have missed that whole blank post debacle heehee.gif) ciao!

+Quote this post
Dexton
post 27th January 2019, 07:53 AM
Post #128
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045

Shit sorry I never voted sad.gif I knew this week would be busy for me so I made a point of remembering to vote in BJSC... then forgot this laugh.gif Shame as there's lots of great songs in the mix I even listened to this before BJSC oops, am I disqualified from entering the next edition or are the Club Bizarre rules more slack?

+Quote this post
danG
post 27th January 2019, 09:44 AM
Post #129
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

Non-voters won't be getting contest bans - you can enter vol. 7.

+Quote this post
TheSnake
post 27th January 2019, 11:25 AM
Post #130
Group icon
Say that hiss with your chest, and...
User: 23,308

Well done Dobbo on winning. The Driftmoon track was very nice indeed, and this proves trance is probably Buzzjack's favourite dance genre!

Very pleasantly surprised at my entry coming as high as second place, considering hardstyle is not everyone's cup of tea.

I am disappointed that Pete's entry came last, I really enjoyed it, but then I do like Tom Neville's style of electro house (pity he was only big as a remixer in 2005 really), and it has given me an appetite for a possible electro house themed contest in the future.

+Quote this post
m
post 27th January 2019, 08:13 PM
Post #131
Group icon
I asked for my account to be banned
User: 7,132

QUOTE(Rush @ Jan 26 2019, 11:42 PM) *
By the way, what was the order of the songs in the voting thread/plug playlist? I couldn't tell if it was random or if it was the order the songs were entered, because I was probably one of the last entrants, and I was last on the list.

I think it was just random - I entered fairly early (on the 2nd day) but was 17th in the voting thread. #notthehostbuthi

+Quote this post
BridgeCow
post 27th January 2019, 08:42 PM
Post #132
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 23,860

Yeah the order was just completely random haha

+Quote this post
Brer
post 27th January 2019, 10:21 PM
Post #133
Group icon
stick my flag in the dirt, watch it blow
User: 8,300

My phone died right near the end of this oops, ended up waiting until I got home to catch up properly with the rest.

random.org leaving my 2 biggest fans to the very end of the reveal *.* thank you very much Lew and Mattias (and Rollo for the last couple of points), with this entry I was basically hoping it'd appeal to Lew and maybe a couple of others haha (as it is a very Aphex Twin-esque track, in fact it's heavily rumoured (although unconfirmed) that Brainwaltzera might actually be an alias of Aphex Twin or possibly a collaboration between him and µ-Ziq). It was kind of a last minute pick that I haven't really listened to as much as I usually do with my song contest entries so that was a pretty low effort way to get my second top 10 hit in this lmao! I'll take it though x

Congrats Dobbo on the third win, it is by far my least favourite CB winner to date but I couldn't love all of them! My bellwether status still kind of living on though as two of my top three still finished in the top 5, I didn't think Infected Mushroom would do that well but yay *.* Wow at the top 3 being the same people in the same order as the very first Club Bizarre, that's never happened in BJSC in 110 editions but happened here in only 6 (albeit with a smaller pool of participants and two of those being Dobbo and Dan who seem to always do well in this magic.gif) - I'd have loved to see Snake win this one actually, Re-Style just missed my points but it was still a banger and a half.

Really loved Dandy's entry so a shame that got a deduction as well as Whoddy's but ah well! Mattias, Lewis and especially Frank all deserved better (how on Earth did 'Rock The Discothek' do that badly?), and I liked Pete's entry quite a bit as well although not surprised at it coming last kink.gif

Thanks for hosting Jeff and hopefully I'll be a slightly more active participant in this again for volume 7.

+Quote this post
m
post 28th January 2019, 09:30 AM
Post #134
Group icon

QUOTE(Bré @ Jan 27 2019, 10:21 PM) *
random.org leaving my 2 biggest fans to the very end of the reveal *.* thank you very much Lew and Mattias (and Rollo for the last couple of points), with this entry I was basically hoping it'd appeal to Lew and maybe a couple of others haha (as it is a very Aphex Twin-esque track, in fact it's heavily rumoured (although unconfirmed) that Brainwaltzera might actually be an alias of Aphex Twin or possibly a collaboration between him and µ-Ziq).

and in my head I was like 'this entry probably belongs to either Bré, Lew or Chez!' (surprised I didn't vote for Chez this time around, I've just checked and it is the first time I haven't done so in CB).

Interesting about the possible Aphex Twin connection, I enjoy his stuff very much (and obviously I lovvved your µ-Ziq entry in BJSC).

This post has been edited by Mattias: 28th January 2019, 09:31 AM

+Quote this post
Addy!
post 29th January 2019, 02:49 PM
Post #135
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666

Any speculations about next editions theme?

I know its too early etc etc but just thought asking.

+Quote this post
m
post 29th January 2019, 03:14 PM
Post #136
Group icon

QUOTE(Dobbo @ Aug 6 2018, 09:27 PM) *
I was thinking of other genres and if I ever get to host again I would do a strings theme! Or we could not necessarily do a genre based contest but perhaps something more open ended like a particular time period or instrumental entries etc.

thinking.gif

+Quote this post
Addy!
post 29th January 2019, 03:15 PM
Post #137
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Those all sound amazing tbh...bring it on Dobbo wub.gif

+Quote this post
Addy!
post 26th March 2019, 02:35 PM
Post #138
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

:hello:

kink.gif

+Quote this post
m
post 26th March 2019, 03:28 PM
Post #139
Group icon

strings theme pls xo (not that I have ANY idea what to even send to that if it happens! I'd probably go looking for something new this time)

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 26th March 2019, 05:06 PM
Post #140
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

The theme has been chosen. Just need to finalise dates with the mods (will pm you both later) then we can get the ball rolling...

+Quote this post

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 22nd June 2024, 08:00 PM