BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Your favourite film you saw this week?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
UltraCruelSummer
post 31st August 2016, 10:59 PM
Post #101
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

Not of the last week but what I've seen recently! (Bolded highlights!]

Good Kill- Solid film, nothing great but nothing bad. 6.5/10
The Departed- Absolutely loved this, thrilling film and the cast was terrific! 10/10
Match Point- Once again, loved this and the cast and it kept me really intrigued 10/10
Walk Of Shame- My exact kind of film, Elizabeth Banks slayed and I adored this! 10/10
Tallulah- Really strong movie and Ellen Page + Allison Janney were perfect! 9/10
Scouts Guide To The Zombie Apocalypse- So shocked how much I enjoyed this, lots of fun and loved the cast! 10/10
Burnt- Really good and well acted film but nothing amazing. 8/10
Strange Magic- Another movie I was shocked how much I loved, really cute and the music was fabulous! 9.5/10
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 2nd September 2016, 06:41 PM
Post #102
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915

Past week:

Carrie- A slightly weird remake but good 5.5/10
George And Mildred Movie- Why or why? 0.5/10

+Quote this post
DalekTurret32
post 7th September 2016, 06:02 PM
Post #103
Group icon
FIVE YEARS OF THE TURRET 15-20
User: 21,666

The movies I've seen recently:

Man Of Steel (2013) (8/10)
Monster (2003 film) (10/10)
Kill Bill Vol. 1 (2003) (favourite, out of the three) (10/10)

This post has been edited by DalekTurret32: 7th September 2016, 06:02 PM

+Quote this post
Cassidy
post 7th September 2016, 08:14 PM
Post #104
Group icon
i'm massive
User: 41

I saw The Apartment for the first time earlier this week after having it on my Netflix list for about three years. What an incredible throwback to a time previous and an amazing depiction of character profiles. Excellent. Solid 9/10 all the way through.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 19th October 2016, 08:56 PM
Post #105
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

Been watching loads over the last week!

The Girl On The Train- So disappointing sad.gif
13th- Really interesting and powerful documentary, highly recommend if you've got Netflix!
The Siege Of Jadotville- Really interesting and I love Jamie Dornan so another great watch!
Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children- Loved it!
Trolls- Loved it!
The Perfect Guy- Way better than I was expecting and really interesting and gripping actually!
Almost Famous- I think this may possibly be one of my favourite movies of all time, just absolutely incredible from the start to finish and the cast is utterly terrific (Kate Hudson rly should've won the Oscar!)! I already want to watch it again and the music and everything was perfect, probably already in my top 15 of all time based on one watch wub.gif
Fargo- Adored this, glad I finally watched it! Frances McDormand was terrific and deserved her Oscar win and the ensemble/script/everything was so enthralling and funny!
The 5th Wave- I've done rly well for once avoiding bad films, another film I loved! Reminded me of the 1st Hunger Games and Chloe Grace-Moretz was great as usual *.*
Deepwater Horizon- Again shocked how much I loved this! The cast and the plot was really great and the production was spectacular!

+Quote this post
Tombo
post 19th October 2016, 09:00 PM
Post #106
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,543

I saw Finding Dory this morning, I've wanted to see it for a while. It was really good, I am glad I watched it. I liked the whale talk.

+Quote this post
DalekTurret32
post 31st October 2016, 05:44 PM
Post #107
Group icon
FIVE YEARS OF THE TURRET 15-20
User: 21,666

Storks [8.5] (saw this in a cinema and I really liked it.)
Shaun Of The Dead [10.0] (bought this and Hot Fuzz on DVD last month from Oxfam and it was really good. My favourites scenes were when Shaun and Ed sing "White Lines" by Grandmaster Flash, when Shaun and Ed are in the house spinning a Street Sounds Crucial Electro album and Pete comes in to throw the record out of the window, and when Shaun and Ed search through their vinyl collection to find unwanted records in order to kill the zombies ["Purple Rain? No! Sign O The Times? Definitely not! The Batman soundtrack. Throw it!"])
The Grand Budapest Hotel [10.0] (rewatched this on Film4 and I loved it)
The Girl On The Train [8.5] (another film I manged to see in the cinema. It was quite thrilling, but sad at times (especially the scene where it showed justification for Rachel taking the Tom and Anne's baby out of their house and hold it in her arms).)
Hot Fuzz (my favourite out of the 6) [10.0] (Really enjoyed this film. I LOL'd at the scene when Nick Angel throws the underage drinkers out of the Sandford pub ["When's your birthday?", "February", "What year?" , "Every year", "Get out!"] and the battle scene at the end was really good)

+Quote this post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 12:01 PM