BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
21 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Ultimate Kylie package, RESULTS
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Dannyboy
post May 13 2019, 06:15 PM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 632
Number 60 - The other boys - 230 Points

Video - 119 out of a possible 500
Song - 103 out of a possible 500
Cover - 8 out of a possible 500

Personal Opinion

When this first came out it didn't really work for me at all, I like it so much more now though. I thought it would have been higher as it always seemed to be a fan favourite but I suppose the single cover didn't really help.

What are your opinions ? too high ? too low ? lets discuss
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post May 13 2019, 11:12 PM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845
The other boys is fun and catchy, thought it might have made the top 100.

+Quote this post
pippa
post May 14 2019, 12:50 PM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031
I didnt initially like The Other Boys but after some week i grew to find it catchy and uplifting.
Not up with the classics, but we have heard much worse from Kylie.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post May 14 2019, 03:53 PM
Post #24
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472
Aww poor 'Kids'. I get that it doesn't often work on tour and still gets overused despite that, but the song itself is a lot of fun and the chemistry between Robbie and Kylie in the video and on the times they have performed it together has been smoking.

'All I See' could be a lot worse but it's not a style that suits Kylie and it definitely doesn't fit on X. I feel it was only included on the album as a tool to target America.

I really like 'The Other Boys'! Having Kylie, Jake and Nile on one track feels like a dream line up for fans of any of those artists. I still give it regularly plays and it definitely would have been nice to see it do something chartwise. I remember it got a seemingly random push in the UK months after it was released.

+Quote this post
pippa
post May 14 2019, 05:04 PM
Post #25
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Kylie and Jake should have worked more closely a few years earlier as they would have generated far bigger success.

+Quote this post
Dannyboy
post May 14 2019, 07:11 PM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Number 59 - It's no secret - 236 Points

Cover - 141 out of a possible 500
Video - 47 out of a possible 500
Song - 48 out of a possible 500

Personal Opinion

Why this was chosen as the American release I will never understand, yeah its an ok song but they had so many better options to pick from, erm hello "Turn it into love"

+Quote this post
pippa
post May 14 2019, 07:13 PM
Post #27
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Its No Secret is a good song but Turn It Into Love would be my preference for a 5th single from her debut had a 5th single gone ahead.
The 4 singles selected are much stronger than Its No Secret.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post May 14 2019, 07:30 PM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472
I find It's No Secret to be on the bland side; I'd have just pushed Turn It Into Love as a proper single too.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post May 14 2019, 08:03 PM
Post #29
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
I like it's no secret but glad it wasnt a single. Agree about turn it into love aswell

+Quote this post
pippa
post May 15 2019, 02:50 PM
Post #30
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Her debut had such wonderful single choices.
Easily 6 could have made wonderful singles but the 4 selected done what was needed to launch Kylie.

+Quote this post
Nina West
post May 15 2019, 05:19 PM
Post #31
Group icon
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
User: 19,846
A little late but for every album that drops, I'm gonna give my in-depth reviews, like I did for the other Kylie polls, as I didn't get to do all of them, so seeing as though 'KMO' has dropped first, gonna go for that first.

Firstly not surprised that its out first, but it doesn't deserve to be ranked below the X-Mas album (as that's definitely worse). However 'Kiss Me Once' was a pretty epic mis-fire of an album. Signing a new deal with Roc Nation, having Sia & Pharrell Williams on songwriting and production credits and an interesting buzz single 'Skirt' (which didn't even make the final cut), all signs seemed to be pointing at something quite interesting and put Kylie back on top. What we got was very disappointing and quite bland, atrocious promotion, poor management, some questionable music videos and even the live performances lacked soul and energy which caused a lot of old wounds to be reopened: meaning the critical mauling Kylie received during this era. Okay there were some decent tracks on here, but on the whole it came across as very hollow and empty, and simply just not up to scratch. There was a lot of fear in which Kylie's career could may well be over, lacking reinvention and very poor by Kylie's standards, thankfully she would bounce back with her next studio album.

Into The Blue
Getting off to a rather decent start with the usual Kylie lead single, with some excellent strings, synths and programming drums, along with a massive double chorus in which Kylie's vocals soar over the rich production and fresh beats and of course delivering an overall positive message. This was a strong comeback single and was definitely the correct choice for the lead with this up-tempo dance pop number, can't see anything else on here that would have worked, and this deserved better than its chart performance, thanks to that messy release of it only being available 3 months after its debut.

Million Miles
Hard throbbing beats, mellow synths and some light guitars that creates a very decent summery pop/dance track. I must admit that I wasn't keen on this upon first listen, but upon further listens it really clicked with me as it is quite catchy and a definite standout moment on here. Maybe this could have worked better as the follow up single than 'IWGC'.

I Was Gonna Cancel
The infamous second and (ultimately) final single, and now I don't hate this as much as other Kylie fans do, but do agree that this was an epic mis-fire of a single choice and was only picked because of Pharrell's name on the credits. This just feels very cold and Kylie clearly lacks energy on it and of course that awful music video where she looks like she's directing traffic along with those awful Mom jeans, it seemed like that she stopped trying by this point and its chart performance proves it.

Sexy Love
The first of the 3 sex titled tracks on here, and this just bounces along then heads into a bright and joyous chorus, entirely upbeat and very funky. Although this does feel very much Kylie pop by the numbers and doesn't break any new ground, this was due to be the 3rd single and maybe back in Kylie's heyday this would have smashed, but by 2014 this would have suffered the same fate as anything post the lead single.

Sexercise
2 songs in a row with the word sex in them, Mmmm that seems a bit odd, and this is clearly the worst of them with its awfully dated dubstep sound and repetitive chorus that reeks of desperation, in fact the whole thing reeks of that and in my opinion this should have been left on the cutting room floor and replaced with 'Skirt'. Not even good enough to be an album filler.

Feels So Good
Another weak moment with some really generic lyrics, generic beats, and just goes on way too long and just comes across as pretty dull. A definite filler moment and just falls short on the whole.

If Only
Bouncing back really strong now after a couple of lacklustre moments, this is awash with some superb sounds and some dreamy fantastic production on the chorus in which Kylie sounds very radiant yet dramatic, and I like that this offers something a little different to what we've heard so far. Definitely rank this as one of the strongest and best tracks on here.

Les Sex
One of my personal faves on this album and clearly the best sex titled track on this album, with its very synth sound and a strong sense of urgency about it, delivering a cool dance pop number. A fantastic standout that could have easily been a contender for a single release.

Kiss Me Once
One of the more straight forward pop numbers on here with an anthemic ringing chant at the start and then quickly moves into the first verse that definitely has that classic Kylie PWL sound to it, and while okay it may sound a bit outdated, but thanks to some decent production by Sia, this is definitely a decent pop track.

Beautiful
After a few good ones we take an epic nosedive into this abomination with some terribly over processed vocals by both artists and awful production that just falls flat on every level. The only positive note I can say is that Kylie's live solo version sounds much better without all that awful studio trickery. Can't believe this was even considered for a single release.

Fine
Ending the standard edition on a pretty low note, this just never connected with me and find the very repetitive lines very annoying and don't really go anywhere. Again very fillerish and probably worked better as a b-side or something.

Mr President
Why this and the track below were left as bonus tracks is criminal, this again has a very different vibe to the rest of the album with its R&B influenced electro-dance style with lots of sampling and programming on Kylie's vocals that creates a fun sound, with lots of blips and electro-thumping and although not very deep, its hell of a lot of fun.

Sleeping With The Enemy
Officially closing the album with this hauntingly beautiful number with It’s dark and bruising lyrics paint a very clear picture of what the song is all about. With some mesmerizing vocals by Kylie and certainly superior to almost everything on the standard edition of this. A wonderful track on the whole.

+Quote this post
Dannyboy
post May 15 2019, 06:02 PM
Post #32
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(SamJudd @ May 15 2019, 06:19 PM) *
A little late but for every album that drops, I'm gonna give my in-depth reviews, like I did for the other Kylie polls, as I didn't get to do all of them, so seeing as though 'KMO' has dropped first, gonna go for that first.

Firstly not surprised that its out first, but it doesn't deserve to be ranked below the X-Mas album (as that's definitely worse). However 'Kiss Me Once' was a pretty epic mis-fire of an album. Signing a new deal with Roc Nation, having Sia & Pharrell Williams on songwriting and production credits and an interesting buzz single 'Skirt' (which didn't even make the final cut), all signs seemed to be pointing at something quite interesting and put Kylie back on top. What we got was very disappointing and quite bland, atrocious promotion, poor management, some questionable music videos and even the live performances lacked soul and energy which caused a lot of old wounds to be reopened: meaning the critical mauling Kylie received during this era. Okay there were some decent tracks on here, but on the whole it came across as very hollow and empty, and simply just not up to scratch. There was a lot of fear in which Kylie's career could may well be over, lacking reinvention and very poor by Kylie's standards, thankfully she would bounce back with her next studio album.

Into The Blue
Getting off to a rather decent start with the usual Kylie lead single, with some excellent strings, synths and programming drums, along with a massive double chorus in which Kylie's vocals soar over the rich production and fresh beats and of course delivering an overall positive message. This was a strong comeback single and was definitely the correct choice for the lead with this up-tempo dance pop number, can't see anything else on here that would have worked, and this deserved better than its chart performance, thanks to that messy release of it only being available 3 months after its debut.

Million Miles
Hard throbbing beats, mellow synths and some light guitars that creates a very decent summery pop/dance track. I must admit that I wasn't keen on this upon first listen, but upon further listens it really clicked with me as it is quite catchy and a definite standout moment on here. Maybe this could have worked better as the follow up single than 'IWGC'.

I Was Gonna Cancel
The infamous second and (ultimately) final single, and now I don't hate this as much as other Kylie fans do, but do agree that this was an epic mis-fire of a single choice and was only picked because of Pharrell's name on the credits. This just feels very cold and Kylie clearly lacks energy on it and of course that awful music video where she looks like she's directing traffic along with those awful Mom jeans, it seemed like that she stopped trying by this point and its chart performance proves it.

Sexy Love
The first of the 3 sex titled tracks on here, and this just bounces along then heads into a bright and joyous chorus, entirely upbeat and very funky. Although this does feel very much Kylie pop by the numbers and doesn't break any new ground, this was due to be the 3rd single and maybe back in Kylie's heyday this would have smashed, but by 2014 this would have suffered the same fate as anything post the lead single.

Sexercise
2 songs in a row with the word sex in them, Mmmm that seems a bit odd, and this is clearly the worst of them with its awfully dated dubstep sound and repetitive chorus that reeks of desperation, in fact the whole thing reeks of that and in my opinion this should have been left on the cutting room floor and replaced with 'Skirt'. Not even good enough to be an album filler.

Feels So Good
Another weak moment with some really generic lyrics, generic beats, and just goes on way too long and just comes across as pretty dull. A definite filler moment and just falls short on the whole.

If Only
Bouncing back really strong now after a couple of lacklustre moments, this is awash with some superb sounds and some dreamy fantastic production on the chorus in which Kylie sounds very radiant yet dramatic, and I like that this offers something a little different to what we've heard so far. Definitely rank this as one of the strongest and best tracks on here.

Les Sex
One of my personal faves on this album and clearly the best sex titled track on this album, with its very synth sound and a strong sense of urgency about it, delivering a cool dance pop number. A fantastic standout that could have easily been a contender for a single release.

Kiss Me Once
One of the more straight forward pop numbers on here with an anthemic ringing chant at the start and then quickly moves into the first verse that definitely has that classic Kylie PWL sound to it, and while okay it may sound a bit outdated, but thanks to some decent production by Sia, this is definitely a decent pop track.

Beautiful
After a few good ones we take an epic nosedive into this abomination with some terribly over processed vocals by both artists and awful production that just falls flat on every level. The only positive note I can say is that Kylie's live solo version sounds much better without all that awful studio trickery. Can't believe this was even considered for a single release.

Fine
Ending the standard edition on a pretty low note, this just never connected with me and find the very repetitive lines very annoying and don't really go anywhere. Again very fillerish and probably worked better as a b-side or something.

Mr President
Why this and the track below were left as bonus tracks is criminal, this again has a very different vibe to the rest of the album with its R&B influenced electro-dance style with lots of sampling and programming on Kylie's vocals that creates a fun sound, with lots of blips and electro-thumping and although not very deep, its hell of a lot of fun.

Sleeping With The Enemy
Officially closing the album with this hauntingly beautiful number with It’s dark and bruising lyrics paint a very clear picture of what the song is all about. With some mesmerizing vocals by Kylie and certainly superior to almost everything on the standard edition of this. A wonderful track on the whole.

I was hoping for your reviews on the countdown as they are always enjoyable to read and I certainly appreciate them so thank you

This post has been edited by Dannyboy: May 15 2019, 06:05 PM

+Quote this post
pippa
post May 15 2019, 06:20 PM
Post #33
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Into The Blue not making the Definitive Collection and it Kylie;s most current Top 20 single shows Kylie;s feelings on the song and the Kiss Me Once era itself.

+Quote this post
Dannyboy
post May 15 2019, 09:43 PM
Post #34
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Number 58 - Higher - 244 Points

Video - 144 out of a possible 500
Cover - 50 out of a possible 500
Song - 50 out of a possible 500

Personal Opinion

The last "hit" for Kylie I suppose is sadly this, I don't hate it but I certainly don't play it much either. I always really hated the bad editing of the video too.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post May 16 2019, 03:08 AM
Post #35
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
I like higher but disappointed it's her 2nd most streamed single when she has so many other greater singles.

+Quote this post
Red Blooded Man
post May 16 2019, 03:57 AM
Post #36
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 822
Higher is just lazy collab trying to score another top 10 single, which it did of course.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post May 16 2019, 10:59 AM
Post #37
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
It did what was needed but it's a duet I often forget she did.

+Quote this post
pippa
post May 16 2019, 02:40 PM
Post #38
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Higher is forgettable, many may say the same about If You Were With Me Now but i find that song memorable.
All her duets (singles) with the exception of Higher are great

+Quote this post
Dannyboy
post May 16 2019, 09:14 PM
Post #39
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Number 13 - Kylie Christmas (Album) - 477 Points

Cover - 249 out of a possible 1,200
Album - 120 out of a possible 1,200
Song Selection - 108 out of a possible 1,200

Personal Opinion

I admit it, I love this album. I have easily listened to this album way more than I have with "Kiss me once" and "Body Language" I'm a huge Christmas person and love Christmas songs which helps i'm sure. I just wish the singles were selected and promoted better as they had much better options in my opinion.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post May 17 2019, 01:11 AM
Post #40
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
I'm happy with the album results so far.

+Quote this post

21 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:02 AM