BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Finland · Eurovision Song Contest 2015, Pertti Kurikan Nimipäivät - Aina Mun Pitää
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Ryan.
post Jan 4 2015, 06:44 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 12,608

Finland
Pertti Kurikan Nimipäivät - Aina Mun Pitää

On the official UMK Instagram account, eighteen pictures of silhouettes and lyrics were posted, suggesting that the 2015 Uuden Musiikin Kilpailu competition will have a total of eighteen entries in it.

The lyrics suggest that the most used language in UMK will be Finnish: half of the entries will have Finnish lyrics. Eight songs will be sung in English and the odd one out is the one song that will have Spanish lyrics. Although all of this is just suggestions drawn from the pictures, it seems there will be seven bands, ten solo artists and one duet.

All that YLE has confirmed is that the artists will be revealed on 13 January, with the first live show taking place on 7 February.

ESC Xtra

'Something Better' was a nice entry last year, but I'd love something very pop again like Krista who should've finished a lot higher than where she did! sad.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post Jan 4 2015, 06:46 PM
Post #2
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929
No. No pop. Beardy Finn metal with red painted faces or NOTHING. mad.gif

(yay here we go, and honestly, Finland are the one country who seem to do better with rock than pop so there)

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post Jan 4 2015, 07:12 PM
Post #3
Group icon
DROTTNING!
User: 480
NO, POP ÜBER ALLES

+Quote this post
Silas
post Jan 4 2015, 07:22 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474
I'm with Tirren. Krista is LIFE

+Quote this post
LexC
post Jan 7 2015, 04:49 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Attack Dog/Sass Queen
User: 5,342
The artists and their songs are all out now*

*on Spotify Finland so only one song is actually listenable to atm (HERE)

+Quote this post
AdamAloud
post Jan 13 2015, 01:30 PM
Post #6
Group icon
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
User: 11,955
1st Semi-final – 7th February
01. Hans on the bass – Loveshine
02. Vilikasper Kanth – Äänen kantamattomiin
03. Norlan El Misionario – No voy a llorar por ti
04. Pertti Kurikan Nimipäivät – Aina mun pitää
05. Pihka Ja Myrsky – Sydän ei nuku
06. Satin Circus – Crossroads

2nd Semi-final – 14th February
01. Jouni Aslak – Lions and lambs
02. Eeverest – Love it all away
03. Otto Ivar – Truth or dare
04. Opera Skaala – Heart of light
05. Shava – Ostarilla
06. Siru – Mustelmat

3rd Semi-final – 21st February
01. Aikuinen – Kyynelten Iahti
02. Ida Bois – Kumbaya
03. Järjestyshäiriö – Särkyneiden sydänten kulmilla
04. Angelo De Nile – All for victory
05. Heidi Pakarinen – Bon voyage
06. Solju – Hold your colours

Preview clips are here!

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post Jan 13 2015, 06:04 PM
Post #7
Group icon
I think we're going to have to watch out for Satin Circus, I've seen things about them before and the song sounds like the sort of accessible 5SOS thing that will get lots of voters.

Taken a listen to a couple of others where the preview video thumbnail interested me, Pihka Ja Myrsky sound very cool, Angelo De Nile sounds like he's had some sort of metal background but the song sounds like a threat at the least, pretty strong and ballady. Hold Your Colours is okay-ish but I can see a few fan flags perhaps being planted for that one. Or they might go to Mustelmat, that sounds really good.

Sounds like there could be a good entry out of this anyway from just listening to a few of them.

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post Jan 13 2015, 06:35 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
I haven't listened to anything yet, but 'Mustlemat' has a lot of hype on ESC Forum.

+Quote this post
LexC
post Jan 13 2015, 08:10 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Attack Dog/Sass Queen
User: 5,342
All of these are now up in full on Spotify and Mustelmat is indeed brilliant, perhaps not in the hit sense but to these ears it's very lovely.

+Quote this post
p a v
post Jan 14 2015, 07:35 AM
Post #10
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397
Opera Skaala. That is all.

I'm expecting Buzzjack to be all over Eeverest though. Really good. Järjestyshäiriö is very subtle and pleasant as well.

Quite a few good ones here. Colour me surprised!

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post Jan 14 2015, 10:52 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(Iz~ @ Jan 13 2015, 06:04 PM) *
I think we're going to have to watch out for Satin Circus, I've seen things about them before and the song sounds like the sort of accessible 5SOS thing that will get lots of voters.

Love their song and I'm not a fan of boybands unless they provide very good songs! I'd be very happy for them to win, but they need to make sure Daniel Levi doesn't win over in Estonia as they are very similar - even the music videos are nearly identical. laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post Jan 15 2015, 12:08 AM
Post #12
Group icon
Yeah I rather like it too, I have no problems with them winning. Probably going to end up rooting for either them or Mustelmat when it comes down to it (in the interests of investing myself into the eventual winner).

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post Jan 17 2015, 12:03 AM
Post #13
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674
Just listened to "Crossroads" four times in a row and becoming obsessed.

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post Jan 17 2015, 12:03 AM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
I can't stop listening to it either, a perfect pop song! wub.gif The word repetition in the choruses does remind me a lot of Ke$ha's 'We R Who We R' though!

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post Feb 2 2015, 03:27 PM
Post #15
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116
Finally listening through these seeing as the album is on Deezer. Opera Skaala is *.* ridiculous opera over a Calvin Harris rip-off beat, not as good as La Voix though.

Hold Your Colours and Crossroads are also very good.

+Quote this post
Thom Spirit Kay
post Feb 2 2015, 03:30 PM
Post #16
Group icon
eat hot chip, be homosexual
User: 6,946
I will check your recommendations out Rich. LOVE Lions And Lambs though, and he is very cute in a hipsterholic way (I'm addicted to hipsterhol!)

+Quote this post
Klumzee
post Feb 3 2015, 08:33 PM
Post #17
Group icon
#TeamAnneMarie
User: 11,421
http://www.theladbible.com/articles/finnis...round-the-world

Ladbible are the last place I'd expect to be reporting on the national finals of Eurovision! laugh.gif Anyway the band Pertti Kurikan Nimipäivät in the first heat is a four-piece punk band made up of members with Down Syndrome and Autism hoping to spread awareness through their song and presence at Eurovision. Could potentially be a strong contender to represent Finland this year perhaps? Even if the song isn't Eurovision-friendly in the slightest.

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post Feb 3 2015, 08:45 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Yeah they are massive favourites to win, last time I looked they were about 4/11 with the next favourites Satin Circus and Opera Skaala out at 5/1. It's pretty much a foregone conclusion and while I applaud them for spreading awareness, if we are just judging the song I really don't want it to win especially as I love Satin Circus!

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post Feb 3 2015, 09:22 PM
Post #19
Group icon
Okay, I'm sorry, but what message will they be sending if they win? That Down Syndrome people exist? I wouldn't mind them winning because punk and it's great they're still able to do this, even though I wouldn't be really supporting it on the song, but a whole Eurovision winning deal? That's not happening. A bit of brief publicity because of the entrant, not the song, and then an ignoble finish in 16th place.

Plus I hate to say this, but Crossroads is really worming its way into my brain and I imagine it could do properly well at the contest now. The Finns would be missing out on something there.

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post Feb 3 2015, 09:26 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
To contradict what I said above, fans have today noticed some smallprint somewhere on the official UMK website that it does seem there will be a 50% jury vote now despite it being previously announced that it would be 100% televote. Is this to prevent Pertti Kurikan Nimipäivät winning (as it seems like they would be locked on to win the televote), but would juries want to mark them down anyway? Maybe it could work the other way in that their televote won't be as big as thought (so Satin Circus or Opera Skaala would maybe win it) but then the juries end up giving Pertti Kurikan Nimipäivät the victory? Has the Finnish broadcaster just chosen them for the national final as a "publicity stunt" and now realising they could win the final, they want to try and stop it?

It's suddenly become a lot more interesting over in Finland!

+Quote this post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:48 AM