BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Should drugs be decriminalized?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Should drugs be decriminalized?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 17
Guests cannot vote 
vidcapper
post 2nd February 2020, 06:58 AM
Post #1
Group icon
Paul Hyett
User: 364

Opinions?

Personally I think doing so would do far more to reduce crime than any increase in police numbers, plus with the gov't in charge of supply, the revenue could be used for public spending rather than ending up in nefarious hands.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
p a v
post 2nd February 2020, 08:25 AM
Post #2
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

Marijuana is not a drug and should be legalised for example.

I don’t think most of them should be allowed at all. however, the stigma in itself is more harmful than the actual drugs. You are considered the lowest tier person if you’re using. That’s sad.
The situation in Russia is extremely complicated - the police put the drugs on you and expect a bribe to get out of that predicament. If you get caught using and they find traces of anything in your blood then you’re put on a special registry where you will be for the rest of your life. Any job where they check for this type of thing will be automatically unavailable.

Instead of having war on drugs we all should improve people’s lives so that they don’t feel the need to go there at all.

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post 2nd February 2020, 08:32 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 53

Depends on the drug. I say cannabis should be legalised but none of the harder ones.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 2nd February 2020, 09:33 AM
Post #4
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

In a lot of places Marijuana is de facto legalised but only if you’re a privileged white person.

I’m generally of the view that they were made illegal for a reason, but a government controlled and regulated exchange would remove a massive revenue source from organised crime and one would hope less petty crime also. Addiction is a public health crisis and a “war on drugs” should be lead by health and social services, not the police and prison system.

+Quote this post
RabbitFurCoat
post 2nd February 2020, 10:46 AM
Post #5
Group icon
IncredibleSquirrel
User: 118

I'm firmly of the opinion that whilst there's a reason (most) drugs are illegal, them being illegal does absolutely no good whatsoever and the case for decriminalising or even legalising makes an incredible amount of sense. Supplying drugs is incredibly dangerous activity and far too many young people's lives are ruined, and even lost, as a result of it. Constantly tackling drug dealers and drug users doesn't reduce the demand for them, and supply is only temporarily halted before someone else comes in and you're starting all over again to spend another huge amounts of police resources trying to tackle a different supply chain.

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 2nd February 2020, 01:08 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138

There's def a difference in reaction compared the class - a poor person is arrested and criminalised immediately when find with drugs but rich people can go to their parties and get away with taking cocaine and it's a normal social situation for them.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 2nd February 2020, 06:36 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

Remember, the question isn't LEGALISATION, but decriminalisation. It has to be a resounding YES. The tories brag about taking coke for street cred, the papers gleefully report on the scandal of celebs doing it - and they are never punished - and yet when poor people do it or fall into addiction, they get jailed and demonised. It's class warfare. Marijuana isn't even a drug and has been used to imprison poor people for years, especially in the for profit prisons of the USA. Decriminalise now!! It works. Wherever it has been trialed, it has worked.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 2nd February 2020, 06:42 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

I have fairly strong opinions about this. I feel like the more they try and criminalise it, particularly when it comes to clamping down harder on people doing drugs in clubs the only thing that's going to achieve is driving people to do it in underground places or less safe environments where they won't have access to urgent medical attention if they need it.

I think the way the system works around drug use/culture is counterproductive and does more harm than good. It needs an overhaul and a more pragmatic/understanding approach to tackle it.

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post 3rd February 2020, 06:24 AM
Post #9
Group icon
Paul Hyett

Decriminalisation doesn't mean there would be no consequences for drug use of course - just as with alcohol and drink-driving, domestic abuse, etc. mellow.gif

+Quote this post
tommie
post 3rd February 2020, 06:30 AM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 8,073

QUOTE(vidcapper @ Feb 3 2020, 07:24 AM) *
Decriminalisation doesn't mean there would be no consequences for drug use of course - just as with alcohol and drink-driving, domestic abuse, etc. mellow.gif

Yes, but those things will still happen.

I mean, if we're only talking about using drugs, then yes. There's really little use to bust and throw drug users in jail and will likely lead to people not getting help or call an ambulance if someone overdoses. However, selling/supplying certain drugs should still be criminal.

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post 3rd February 2020, 07:27 AM
Post #11
Group icon
Paul Hyett

QUOTE(tommie @ Feb 3 2020, 06:30 AM) *
Yes, but those things will still happen.

I mean, if we're only talking about using drugs, then yes. There's really little use to bust and throw drug users in jail and will likely lead to people not getting help or call an ambulance if someone overdoses. However, selling/supplying certain drugs should still be criminal.

Along with committing crime to feed habits.

This post has been edited by vidcapper: 3rd February 2020, 07:27 AM

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 06:52 PM