BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Detroit, Summer release | John Boyega, Will Poulter, Anthony Mackie
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Josh!
post 12th April 2017, 06:34 PM
Post #1
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

From Kathryn Bigelow, the same director as Zero Dark Thirty & The Hurt Locker. Looks like it could be a big awards contender although it does have a fairly early release date!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 15th June 2017, 04:47 PM
Post #2
Group icon
c:

I wasn't that excited for this but I really am after seeing this, looks so intense! Bigelow sure knows how to direct a good thriller. Will Poulter looks like he could be really good in this too from the trailers.

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 26th August 2017, 11:48 PM
Post #3
Group icon
c:

I thought this was really good. I really hope it can maintain hype and things to get a few awards nominations this year even though I am a bit sceptical as reviews haven't been THAT overwhelmingly positive and awards season is so far away still. It is a bit long so probably could have done with some trimming but I'd say the least interesting part is the first act which is needed to set the scene really and I did appreciate the animated introduction which I thought was an interesting way to set the film up. The film really gets going when we start being introduced to the main characters in the Algiers Motel and the middle act is just SO intense. It was almost like watching a horror film at times seeing how people in power were just turning a blind eye in order to avoid conflict with the Detroit police when they knew what was going on inside. Will Poulter was phenomenal and utterly terrifying in this, not sure I'll be able to see him again in the same way. My heart SANK when the guard actually shot the guy as he didn't know about the interrogation tactic and it made me feel sick knowing the police officers pretty much got away with their actions.

Bigelow has hand-crafted three brilliant and intense films with this, The Hurt Locker and Zero Dark Thirty so I'm very excited to see what she does next and I'm hoping this can get lots of awards love this year like her other two big films too heart.gif

+Quote this post
lotita
post 31st August 2017, 09:37 PM
Post #4
Group icon
feminist icon
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,777

saw this today! the way it was set up was so clever, it really made the point that this was happening to literally ANYBODY so clear. i literally jumped and gasped at some of the hotel scenes, absolutely brutal cinema and the injustice was so cruel

(also hi.gif- will try to return to this forum more!)

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 8th September 2017, 09:01 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

Loved this, one of my fave films of the year so far.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 11:59 PM