BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
22 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> The Tory Liz and deceit thread Mk. II, A. Disgrace.
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Iz 🌟
post 5th September 2022, 12:11 PM
Post #1
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

The old thread somehow lasted 147 pages, 7 years and 3 PMs, let's use this opportunity for a fresh start and make this the new general Tory thread / things-the-government-is-doing thread for the next (expected) two years.

(say the new thread title like Iz, a continual pendulum between 'liz' and 'lies' as the situation requires)

What's the worst line from that opening speech?

I'm torn between 'Kyiv to Carlisle' and 'We will deliver' x3 monotone.

and more importantly: that margin is quite precarious, will surely come back to bite her - and she's very likely not going to be able to get any of her promises done.

EDIT FOR FUTURE: POSTED ON THE DAY LIZ TRUSS WON WITH 81,326 VOTES TO RISHI SUNAK'S 60,399
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 5th September 2022, 12:22 PM
Post #2
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

Also... 2024 apparently confirmed as the year of the next election going by what she said... surprised me that she committed to it so early!

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 5th September 2022, 12:34 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

Riding on Blojo'a coattails. So she won?? When?? They are both absolute twats though, so we all lose.

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 5th September 2022, 02:19 PM
Post #4
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

Betting now on a scandal forcing her out before 2024.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 5th September 2022, 02:29 PM
Post #5
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915

QUOTE(J00prstar @ Sep 5 2022, 03:19 PM) *

Odds of: 1-5

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 5th September 2022, 02:31 PM
Post #6
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915

With this announcement, since Thatcher came into power, there will have been 6 Tory PM's, three of those are women.

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post 5th September 2022, 04:13 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 1,030

I do like that Liz Truss voted against smoking bans.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 5th September 2022, 04:14 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272

I said yesterday that a winning margin of under 15% would suggest that Sunak had made up a lot of ground in the latter part of the contest. She won by under 15%. She also got the support of under 50% of the party members (and, in the final round of MPs' voting) only a third of the vote of her parliamentary colleagues. The former figure would render the result invalid under her rumoured proposals for a Scottish independence referendum.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 5th September 2022, 04:30 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed

QUOTE(dannjohn @ Sep 5 2022, 04:13 PM) *

blink.gif That's not a good thing. Smoking kills others, as well as yourself x Keep it to yourself.

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 5th September 2022, 04:58 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

QUOTE(dannjohn @ Sep 5 2022, 05:13 PM) *

Ah yes, our future is completely f***ed by a transphobic piece of shit but at least you can smoke freely!

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 5th September 2022, 05:01 PM
Post #11
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

I think this is the biggest golden ticket Labour has ever had, it'll be an awful interim and I fear to think what will happen given her stance on renewable energy in particular, but she will do nothing to fix the country's problems and the damage she will do to the Tory party will be irreparable come election time, and she hasn't got the charisma to pull it off, people are already seeing through it looking at the current polls. The fact she won by a small margin shows that she doesn't have total support from her party. The main thing I worry about is the Tories panicking and going full-on Republican and sneaking Johnson back in before election time, he is so clearly not finished here yet.

+Quote this post
T Boy
post 5th September 2022, 05:21 PM
Post #12
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
User: 177

FFS no one asked for this.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 5th September 2022, 06:58 PM
Post #13
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed

QUOTE(Chez Wombat @ Sep 5 2022, 05:01 PM) *
I think this is the biggest golden ticket Labour has ever had, it'll be an awful interim and I fear to think what will happen given her stance on renewable energy in particular, but she will do nothing to fix the country's problems and the damage she will do to the Tory party will be irreparable come election time, and she hasn't got the charisma to pull it off, people are already seeing through it looking at the current polls. The fact she won by a small margin shows that she doesn't have total support from her party. The main thing I worry about is the Tories panicking and going full-on Republican and sneaking Johnson back in before election time, he is so clearly not finished here yet.

He is running around saying he'll be back within a year!!! Vile pig.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 5th September 2022, 07:43 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376

The man has been charge while the UK starts to look like an iron Curtain block country of the 80's, so Bozo's threat to return wont cut any slack from anyone who got fed up with the constant lies.

Truss is a gift to opposition parties, most of whom are terrified of mentioning the B word as part-responsible for the terrible state of the country. Not that Covid and Ukraine wouldnt have been bad. But they wouldnt have been quite as bad. Keep an eye on Northern Ireland, Europe may yet give up entirely on the rancid UK politics, cos contrary to claims, they don't need us as much as we need them as customers. Ask the fishermen who voted for Brexit how things are going.

Truss will always run the danger of mistakenly reading out the script instructions to "lear at camera", "smile like a dementor", "raise a wooden hand for emphasis" while making speeches, so that at least will give them an element of danger to keep the viewer on the edge of their seat as she bleats on about tax cuts as the way to repair an economy. Because, as we all know, those nations that aim to reduce all taxes to nothing are rolling in cash for hospitals, looking after the elderly, having police and troops, and local services. And, as she has said (I paraphrase), us lazy tosspots still in work need to work harder and longer hours and shut up moaning about not being able to afford shit. Rich people never moan about tax cuts, cos they work so hard and deserve all the money they get, it's only thick, lazy twats dossing about in Tesco, or cleaning rich people's homes, or faffing about in care homes on low wages that need to ignore their families and get stuck in.

A bit like her hero, Bozo, who has done eff all for the last 3 months, but being rich he obv can't be seen as lazy and undeserving, despite making a complete bollocks over everything so bad that even his own MPs had to sack him.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 5th September 2022, 09:07 PM
Post #15
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

The whole event just smacks of a Party and a Prime Minister who are totally out of touch with the mood of the country. There's no new bounce with the polls (I think Sunak would have got one) and a classic example of someone who is popular with the Party but not with the public. At this point, Labour just need to act competent and put some good arguments and I think it's highly likely they will win in 2024.

+Quote this post
-0-0
post 5th September 2022, 09:11 PM
Post #16
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643

I think the energy freeze was purposely been put off so Liz can look incredible by saving us all money

+Quote this post
Smint
post 5th September 2022, 10:38 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 124,514

Just heard that Nadine Dorries has joined Priti Patel in becoming a backbencher. Normally double resignation of such horrific Cabinet ministers would be a cause for celebration until you realise that high priestesses of anti-woke (aka basically anti LGBT) Braverman and Badenoch are going to get very high positions and if rumours are true bigoted dinosaurs Redwood and Duncan Smith

This post has been edited by Smint: 5th September 2022, 10:39 PM

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 5th September 2022, 11:18 PM
Post #18
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

QUOTE(J00prstar @ Sep 5 2022, 03:19 PM) *

Maybe I'm just hopeful but I'd be astounded if she lasted a year, I actually don't think she is that popular within the party, she just somehow ended up being the best of a bad bunch in their eyes

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post 6th September 2022, 10:03 AM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 1,030

QUOTE(JackTheeStallion @ Sep 5 2022, 05:58 PM) *
Ah yes, our future is completely f***ed by a transphobic piece of shit but at least you can smoke freely!

how fantastic

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post 6th September 2022, 10:42 AM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471

I just cannot see a future where the public is sold on Liz Truss. I still can't quite believe it. Keir Starmer might actually win a general election by doing absolutely nothing — incredible

+Quote this post

22 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
This thread is locked.Create a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 29th April 2024, 08:53 AM