BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> 2010's - fave albums and videos
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Nick F1
post 19th January 2020, 07:59 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 5,392

What are your fave albums and videos from last decade?

Albums:

''Femme Fatale'' (2011)
''Britney Jean'' (2013)
''Glory'' (2016)

Videos:

"Hold It Against Me" / 126,609,149 youtube streams
"Till the World Ends" / 189,548,817 youtube streams
"I Wanna Go" / 251,190,987 youtube streams
"Criminal" / 120,178,172 youtube streams
"Scream & Shout" / 763,331,141 youtube streams
"Ooh La La" / 112,578,499 youtube streams
"Work Bitch" / 322,145,632 youtube streams
"Perfume" / 37,527,859 youtube streams
"Pretty Girls" / 180,644,339 youtube streams
"Make Me..." / 65,783,031 youtube streams
"Slumber Party" / 88,137,251 youtube streams
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 19th January 2020, 08:49 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

Album - Femme Fatale
Single - Til the world ends
Video - Work bitch

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 19th January 2020, 10:33 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116

Glory was her best album
Hold it against me best single
Work bitch best video

But video wise none really stood out

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 20th January 2020, 10:12 AM
Post #4
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

Not exactly been a vintage decade has it?

Album: Glory
Single: Work Bitch
Video: I Wanna Go (if only for the opening scene)

'Perfume' really deserved better, what a phenomenal song. That would have smashed if she released it when she was relevant. sad.gif

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 20th January 2020, 02:45 PM
Post #5
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Album: Glory
Single: Make Me
Video: Slumber Party

She gave us her 3rd best album ever with 'Glory'. It's up there with 'Blackout' & 'In The Zone' and is a part of the "holy trinity" with them. Outstanding heart.gif

She's given us some major bops this Decade. But Make Me is the one I go back to the most. What a great song!

In terms of videos. She's delivered for the most part. I'd say the order of videos for me are:

Slumber Party > Pretty Girls > I Wanna Go > Hold It Against Me > Work Bitch > Scream & Shout

S&S was such a SERVE though. Some of her best looks of the Decade!

+Quote this post
Nick F1
post 21st February 2020, 01:19 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Glory was def her best body of work, Hold It Against Me single and I think Work Bitch and Slumber Party vidoes are top notch!

+Quote this post
Jade
post 26th February 2020, 04:23 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

Album: Glory (still sounding fresh, the other two have dated quite a bit already, although I do still think 'Britney Jean' gets too much of a hard time)
Single: I Wanna Go (I was obsessed with this at the time - a personal chart #1 - and it is still the highlight of that era for me)
Video: Work Bitch (the most memorable of the bunch for me, an iconic package)

+Quote this post
Sempachorra
post 1st March 2020, 04:24 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Let's Go Brandon
User: 421

Album: Glory (Deluxe)
Single: Till The World Ends
Video: Hold It Against Me

Glory (Deluxe) was a fabulous piece of work, and I still go often back to that album. My trinity is OIDIA, ITZ and Circus (Deluxe), and Glory was the first album to really challenge that. "Invitation", "Make Me", "Just Luv Me", "Change Your Mind", "Man On The Moon", "Mood Ring", "If I'm Dancing", the list goes on. A great body of work. Doesn't reach the highs of my trinity albums, but its filled with plenty of bops and is very consistent with a few minor exceptions which should've been trimmed from the album.

Song wise, Till The World Ends was just a magnificent piece of dance-pop and such a great representation of FF. It was also the first Britney song in ages to actually be played on the radio here, so it has a special place in my heart. It's baffling how UK radio paid it dust. However, I will shout out Make Me which is so underrated,easily one of her best singles of all time, amazing production too.

In terms of videos, I think it's between the Femme Fatale singles, Work Bitch and Slumber Party. I think out of the 3 main FF videos, HIAM was the most iconic one. New Britney vs Old Britney fight is so memorable. Slumber Party was also a great video and such an improvement over the really lazy Make Me video. Work Bitch was also a great video, that definitely improved on the song which I thought at the time was pretty basic. I still dont think much of it, but the video definitely made me like it more.

Overall this was a decent decade, considering her mental state and pressure, she still managed to give us plenty of bops. The only songs I truly dont like from this era were Pretty Girls and Scream & Shout.

I hope eventually she will give us a new album, but in her own time and not cause other people around her want to profit with her hussle.

This post has been edited by Euphorique: 1st March 2020, 04:41 PM

+Quote this post
Nina West
post 2nd March 2020, 06:07 PM
Post #9
Group icon
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
User: 19,846

Album: Glory (Deluxe)
Definitely the strongest out of the 3 & a true return to form after the pretty awful 'Britney Jean'. The deluxe edition is where you really get the full and best experience from this collection, some of the best material she's recorded of her entire career. Gutted we only got 2 singles & if this era was handled better then it could have done a hell of a lot better. These would have been my single choices =

"Do You Wanna Come Over"
"Love Me Down"
"Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortes)"
"Slumber Party"

Kick the era off with a classic Britney party anthem 'DYWCO' definitely has a more mature updated sound that could have connected more with the public. Then 'LMD' 2nd which would have easily been a radio smash & something that fits in with the current sound of that time. 'CYM' as the 3rd single, considering the Spanish sound was smashing everywhere, this could have jumped on that bandwagon. Then 'SP' as the 4th single would have been a more fitting time for a release. So many highlights on this album 'Man on the Moon', 'Make Me', 'Just Luv Me', 'Liar' & 'If I'm Dancing'. So much potential on one album.

Single: Till The World Ends
Video: Work Bitch

+Quote this post
Nick F1
post 2nd March 2020, 09:32 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

The praise for Glory. wub.gif

Trully brilliant record happy.gif