BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Artist News
10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Mel B - Seahorse on The Masked Singer UK, + Jellyfish on Spanish version
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Mr.X
post 20th December 2020, 11:26 PM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,587

I find this speculation a bit lacking to be honest.

Not only do we not know if it would do her any goods (my hunch is that yes it would) but also this isnt even a rumour, it has never been. It was only a fan on Spice Circle that mentioned it as something he thought about when she said 'look out for me poping up in unexpected places' or something like that.

Personally I dont much care for the show, it seems a bit pointless to me.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 21st December 2020, 12:14 AM
Post #22
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

I'd have to disagree with you Sammy, I think The Masked Singer would be best choice of reality show she could appear on right now. Particularly if it was in the US, but the UK version was a hit too. It would likely be a great pay cheque, she'd get to perform (which is obviously her passion), and as tommie has pointed out it's a relatively quick commitment but with weeks of exposure when it airs.

Tbh it's probably only one in a hundred celebs who experience a truly meaningful career boost from the reality shows (i.e. a massive revival, getting a huge hit album/single). For Melanie it really wouldn't harm to get the extra attention and maybe pick up some people curious enough to check out her music. I really don't think there'd be any particular negative to doing The Masked Singer. I've not actually watched it myself, but I think it would suit Melanie to have something that's about vocals and not a personality contest, which is essentially what I'm a Celebrity is. Strictly's audience almost always seems to favour male contestants, and it's a major slog to partake in that show. I reckon if she's turned it down up to this point, it's likely an indication that she's not very enthused about doing it.

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 21st December 2020, 08:40 AM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,988

I never said doing the masked singer would be a negative thing just won't do anything for her solo career. If she wants a cheque get on stage with the Spice Girls and take £2m not £75k.

+Quote this post
vibe
post 21st December 2020, 11:19 AM
Post #24
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,763

hmm box ticked in 2019 🙄

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 21st December 2020, 11:24 AM
Post #25
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

In the UK yes and look what it did for her profile and album here.

Get herself over to Australia, US and a few other places 2021/2022 and have the next album ready to drop straight after this time and ride the good will.

+Quote this post
JaneJ
post 21st December 2020, 12:51 PM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 88,953

It was a great show actually, the phenomenon here in Thailand four years ago, it did turn the Kangaroo and Durian careers around. The positive energy and fun all around. The US producer saw the Thai version on TV in the restaurant somewhere in LA that's how the show made it to the US. Putting the costume and the mask on, it stops people from judging the singer by his/her face. It was all about the performances, the ability to entertain, the vocals, the dance moves, the charm. The Kangaroo was a washed up singer and was about to give up his singing career after many attempts and he was being bullied a lot for his face due to the plastic surgeries then the mask singer happened. Though I still don't get the appeal of the Kangaroo, he just had two more sold out shows in October and a lot of stuff after all these years. Looks like LeAnn Rimes and Nick Carter got the good buzz in the US after the final so it's good I think? At least the singers will get the positive feedback if they perform well and make it far enough.

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 21st December 2020, 02:02 PM
Post #27
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

QUOTE(sammy01 @ Dec 20 2020, 06:45 PM) *
Yes Sir Mo Farah that desperate guy who needs a career boost.

Please re-read what I said “with the occasional sports star or big name” Mo clearly fits this category, but of course you ignored that point.

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 21st December 2020, 02:43 PM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(spiceboy @ Dec 21 2020, 02:02 PM) *
Please re-read what I said “with the occasional sports star or big name” Mo clearly fits this category, but of course you ignored that point.

And you all ignored my posts that no one that's done the masked singer has done anything note worthy from it. Throwing about names like Kelis (does she even sing anymore last I heard she was a cook) as a reason then belittling Celeb that can get names like Sir Mo.

I swear sometimes you all just like to argue because you hate to admit Im right.

+Quote this post
JaneJ
post 21st December 2020, 03:06 PM
Post #29
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular

LeAnn Rimes was by far more successful soloist than Melanie yet she did it. I don't get this negativity.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 21st December 2020, 03:56 PM
Post #30
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

QUOTE(sammy01 @ Dec 21 2020, 02:43 PM) *
And you all ignored my posts that no one that's done the masked singer has done anything note worthy from it. Throwing about names like Kelis (does she even sing anymore last I heard she was a cook) as a reason then belittling Celeb that can get names like Sir Mo.

I swear sometimes you all just like to argue because you hate to admit Im right.

I'm really surprised you'd rather a Spice Girl do I'm a Celeb than The Masked Singer. thinking.gif Just because I'm a Celeb most likely gave a big cheque to secure Mo Farah's participation doesn't necessarily make it a better or more respectable choice for Melanie C (or any other Spice Girl). I definitely don't want to see any of them do challenges with bugs or eating gross things.

Bear in mind that the first series of The Masked Singer also attracted a very big name in Katherine Jenkins, and I reckon the success of Series 1 will have enabled them to sign up some big names for the upcoming Series 2.

Nicola Roberts (winner of The Masked Singer) had a role in a West End show (starring alongside Vanessa Williams!) and I'm sure Nicola's involvement in The Masked Singer was to help promote that, but unfortunately it had to be cancelled. So that's where Nicola's career upturn was set to happen, not the charts!

I don't see a Spice Girl on I'm a Celeb doing much other than possibly painting them in a good light in as far as being up for challenges and doing them well (although usually the celebs who are game for it don't get chosen much anyway, it's the scaredy cats who get the attention). I'd much rather see any of them, particularly Melanie C, do a reality show that involves singing. Strictly did very little for Emma Bunton in 2006 in terms of her music, and she was overshadowed by male contestants.

Also I wouldn't call this discussion arguing, and we're all entitled to our own opinions... I don't think you're right, but then I'm not saying I'm right either, though it's what I believe. funky.gif

+Quote this post
vibe
post 21st December 2020, 06:02 PM
Post #31
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(sammy01 @ Dec 21 2020, 02:43 PM) *

Kelis sold out a uk tour on the back of it in decent sized venues. I was going until covid hit!!

+Quote this post
Chemistry
post 21st December 2020, 08:10 PM
Post #32
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 106,588

QUOTE(sammy01 @ Dec 21 2020, 03:43 PM) *

Uh, yes, ofcourse she still sings. She has a feature on Disclosure's new record. You also did not seem to get my point, or probably don't want to get it, but it was just showing how many big names (far bigger than Mel is as a solo artist) have participated in the show.

+Quote this post
tommie
post 22nd December 2020, 02:09 AM
Post #33
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 8,073

If Emma participated in The Masked Singer, I'm sure it would've been a great idea and a resounding success for her to sell her Christmas songs.

+Quote this post
vibe
post 22nd December 2020, 09:02 AM
Post #34
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

^ THIS

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 22nd December 2020, 09:22 AM
Post #35
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

If Mel C wants to do a reality show and boost her career her best bet would be releasing an album and doing Strictly together.

QUOTE(tommie @ Dec 22 2020, 02:09 AM) *
If Emma participated in The Masked Singer, I'm sure it would've been a great idea and a resounding success for her to sell her Christmas songs.

It really wouldn't. For starters it's in January and it wouldn't do anything for her solo music or career.

Emma has done strictly so I don't really see where she could go in terms of reality TV to help her career. I think she might not be a great fit for Celeb but I guess that's the only option.

It's not like Emma doesn't do useless stuff for cheques too, like her radio show and nappies and neither do anything for me or her music career.

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 22nd December 2020, 10:02 AM
Post #36
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,587

QUOTE(tommie @ Dec 22 2020, 02:09 AM) *

+Quote this post
JaneJ
post 22nd December 2020, 06:42 PM
Post #37
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular

They have promised even bigger names in the new season lol. I'm not sure she can tease like that though, they need to keep it a secret.

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 22nd December 2020, 08:26 PM
Post #38
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(JaneJ @ Dec 22 2020, 06:42 PM) *
They have promised even bigger names in the new season lol. I'm not sure she can tease like that though, they need to keep it a secret.

Bigger than Kelis and Skin is that possible? Must be Adele and Whitney's ghost then.

+Quote this post
vibe
post 22nd December 2020, 08:38 PM
Post #39
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Why are you still going on ?

Patti Labelle
Gladys Knight
Cee Lo Green
Michelle Williams
Kelis
Jake Shears
Justin Hawkins

Because these huge acts signed on its obviously means the show has kudos and will continue to attract more than Z listers!!

The show was watched by Millions !!!����

This post has been edited by vibe: 22nd December 2020, 08:39 PM

+Quote this post
JaneJ
post 22nd December 2020, 08:58 PM
Post #40
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular

QUOTE(sammy01 @ Dec 23 2020, 03:26 AM) *
Bigger than Kelis and Skin is that possible? Must be Adele and Whitney's ghost then.

Isn't Katherine Jenkins bigger than spice soloists there and more well-regarded?

+Quote this post

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd May 2024, 02:32 AM