BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
> -

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> top 100 singles of 2017, so how many songwriters does it take to write a hit again? Part 2
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Popchartfreak
post May 30 2018, 12:04 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 17,376
   No Gallery Pics

The answer is very nearly 5, on average, in one case 15, an increase on 2016.

Only one songwriter managed to make the list with just one writer (Ed Sheeran who did it twice) though one self-contained act did it (Killers with old Mr Brightside, but not with The Man which failed to make the list and which also had given in to the Rentawriter brigade). Of the two tracks I'll take The Man, personally, so I'm not necessarily taking sides over this and it's not necessarily black & white one thing or the other.

So, does the obsession with multiple songwriters show a massive professional pop product that shines like a beacon in the singles charts and shows that record companies really know about the art of making great popular singles?

Or, does it make them all sound the same, devoid of feeling, originality and guaranteed inclusion on Spotify playlists which effectively make the charts what they are these days? Samey...

Discuss....?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Brer
post May 30 2018, 01:05 PM
Post #2
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 8,300

The number of songwriters has absolutely nothing to do with how a song sounds.

+Quote Post
fiesta
post May 30 2018, 02:56 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Group: Members
Member No.: 232
   No Gallery Pics

I had wondered whether streaming had, had an adverse affect on the music in the charts. So i remembered a time before streaming and I remembered the Vengaboys and how maybe things werent so bad now after all!

This post has been edited by fiesta: May 30 2018, 02:58 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:40 AM