BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Versus: Captain America - 1 vs 2 vs 3, The First Avenger vs. The Winter Soldier vs. Civil War
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Better film
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 18
Guests cannot vote 
Josh!
post May 13 2017, 08:28 PM
Post #1
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

VERSUS - Episode 1
CAPTAIN AMERICA
The First Avenger vs. The Winter Soldier vs. Civil War

Hi there and welcome to a new series in the Movies forum. This will be a versus series where we pit two or three movies related things against each other in a poll to see who you vote as your favourite. It could be movies, characters, actors, performances, songs etc. We hope you enjoy!

This round is the Captain America movies against each other, what is your favourite of the three?! biggrin.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Regina
post May 13 2017, 09:34 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572
Winter Solider >>>> Civil War >>>> The First Avenger

All 3 rank uo there wiht my favourite superheor movies though. The Cap movies are the best "solo" marvel movie series IMO, not only true to their source materials
but they manage to fit in with the MCU perfectly.

Winter Solider is the best though, in my top 10 movies of all time. Everything about it is perfect.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post May 14 2017, 12:31 AM
Post #3
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
'Winter Soldier' for me too!

I agree with Regina that they're all brilliant though. The first is probably my favourite Superhero origin movie, the 2nd is second to only 'Guardians...' as my favourite superhero movie and the third, is one of the better story arcs! I love how they had so many characters, but at the heart of it, it was still very much a Captain America movie!

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post May 14 2017, 01:01 AM
Post #4
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232
Civil War edges it for me, the stakes felt the highest and you can't really deny the spectacle of that airport scene and the heroes waging war. Winter Soldier was great too though, haven't yet seen the first one.

+Quote this post
Josh!
post May 14 2017, 07:08 AM
Post #5
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692
Had to go for Civil War! As Chez says, the airport scene is undeniable and makes the film that bit more amazing, I loved how it was basically an Avengers movie and we got to see more of all the characters. I adore and The Winter Soldier too and if I look at it objectively, it probably is the better film of the three. I've never really liked The First Avenger, it takes too long to get into the swing of things and the action is uninteresting...

+Quote this post
Severin
post May 14 2017, 08:57 AM
Post #6
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 9,872
I don't really get the huge love for the Captain America films on here. They're good but nothing special and I don't think he or Bucky are that interesting as characters. I like all 3 films at around a 7/10 but The Winter Soldier is the best of them

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post May 14 2017, 10:07 AM
Post #7
Group icon
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
User: 2
The Winter Soldier is probably the best of the 3

+Quote this post
Slick
post May 14 2017, 11:20 AM
Post #8
Group icon
electric butterflies
Pronouns: he/him
User: 70
'Winter Soldier' for me I think. I wasn't a massive fan of the first one, maybe it's because it's an origin story and I always prefer it when they're a fully-fledged kick ass superhero. Maybe it's because of the historical setting (always prefer something current or futuristic - same with Doctor Who.) 'Civil War' was very good but perhaps over-ambitious. I haven't watched it for a while but 'Civil War' strikes me as being less cohesive.

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post May 14 2017, 02:24 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 18,293
I think they've got better with each release. First Avenger is one of the weakest in the MCU, Winter Soldier's really good but Civil War is really amazing. Probably 4th in my overall MCU rankings.

+Quote this post
Qween
post May 14 2017, 02:30 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709
Winter Soldier, it linked in so well with the extended MCU (and it helps that the following handful of SHIELD episodes were all incredible too) and to build on the absolute WRECK that was the first movie (second worst origin movie, behind both Hulk's of course). It's brilliantly paced, has real stakes and has a really good and engaging story.

Civil War is overstuffed and underplotted, which is becoming more and more common in Marvel movies unfortunately. Lots of ''moments'' without much to hold them together, so it's very much less than the sum of its parts. It was a big step up from Ultron at least and the big battle scenes worked much better. It's a not too distant second, but definitely didn't quite capture the magic of Winter Soldier.

10.0 Winter Soldier
08.5 Civil War
03.0 First Avenger

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:36 AM