BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> How To Get Away With Murder
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
post 22nd October 2014, 03:24 PM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931

Episode 4 was very strong.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
JSG
post 23rd October 2014, 08:05 AM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 18,473

Has anyone seen the ratings for this thing? They ought to do more than a limited season tbh.

+Quote this post
Qween
post 23rd October 2014, 12:32 PM
Post #23
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709

It's down to Viola's availability. I believe she has stipulated that she will only do 15 episodes per season. ABC would have this with a full 22 episode order right now if they could.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 25th October 2014, 06:37 PM
Post #24
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

Living for this show and for Jack Falahee in particular.

+Quote this post
G𝓪𝓻y
post 26th October 2014, 01:22 PM
Post #25
Group icon
All Eyes On Me When I Walk In, No Question That This Guys A 10
User: 277

Love this show. Conor is amazing and Viola is such a brilliant actress. <3

+Quote this post
post 10th November 2014, 03:55 PM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931

Connor is so hot. I love his sexy little scenes. That guy Julian that he hooked up with...Wow. Why is he pining over Oliver, seriously. And how has Oliver managed a second majorly attractive boyfriend?

Anyway, Connor obsession aside, the show is really strong still, too. The story is piecing together and it's managed to keep a great level of intrigue up. I'm glad it's only a short 15 episodes a season. I think 22 would have dragged it out too much.

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 15th November 2014, 08:43 PM
Post #27
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
Pronouns: he/him
User: 8,674

Really enjoyed the use of flashbacks this week to when the dead girl was still alive. Although I felt the pregnancy twist was very predictable and cliche.

Also loving the burns being thrown at Connor.

Can't wait for the winter finale next week with the big reveal already. ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Qween
post 15th November 2014, 08:58 PM
Post #28
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen

The whole thing has felt at once energised and rushed because of the short episode count. I'm not sure if it's going to be a good thing for the full season, but we'll see. I'm not feeling half the characters right now though, they are essentially outlines of people we have been asked to care about, but WHY? Rebecca as some kind of emotional heart of the show does not work at all as she is pretty much a cutout of an ''angsty rebel'' girl.

Viola is AMAZING, obv, but there's only so much she can do with middling scripts/ideas.

+Quote this post
Addy!
post 22nd November 2014, 06:04 AM
Post #29
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666

Last night episode was EPIC.

Loved it and my face was ohmy.gif in the end.

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 22nd November 2014, 07:48 AM
Post #30
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,245

CHARACTER RANKING

Connor Walsh
Professor Annalise Keating
Michaela Pratt
Frank Delfino
Asher Millstone
Rebecca Sutter
Wes Gibbins
Bonnie Winterbottom
Laurel Castillo

Connor by far is my favorite, relish in his story lines every week. Annalise is a clear 2nd for me as well, she's left herself so vulnerable for this role and it's paying off. After that we would have Michaela, although I think she overacts most of the time she's pretty solid. Frank gets 4th on his beard alone. Asher ehhhhh, I've enjoyed his story lines other than sleeping with Bonnie but I don't actually get why the show needs him. Rebecca next, everyone after this I either dislike or hate - I just had to put her on top of some other people I dislike more. Wes next, I know he's supposed to be the star, but his acting is terrible. Bonnie I'm shocked I put this low, I love the premise but her character took a big stumble for me in the last two episodes (kissing Sam and sleeping with Asher) and last is Laurel. She's absolutely horrible. Get her off my screen.

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 27th November 2014, 03:33 PM
Post #31
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,988

I'm watching this but getting tired of seeing the same clips over and over again, it is really starting to annoy me. The mid season final was basically 20 mins stuff we had already scene and 20 mins new material.

If you are going to tease the plot like they seem to want to do, then they really don't need to keep rehashing it every time something new is added to the plot.

Otherwise it is a great show.

+Quote this post
p a v
post 29th November 2014, 09:21 PM
Post #32
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

Okay, catching up on this. Didn't want to but I'm sick and have a shitload of problems at the moment so need to take my mind off things for a while. Connor's hookups can be quite effective <333

Was I the only person whose jaw literally DROPPED when that assistant killed himself?! I think this might have been the most shocking turn of events on TV all year! And the comment right before that was way below the belt so it made everything twice as tragic. sad.gif

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 29th November 2014, 11:26 PM
Post #33
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,245

I'm just shocked Conor didn't bang him hard enough to have him fall out the window*

* I'm drunk

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 4th December 2014, 02:14 AM
Post #34
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

I'm just LOVING this, it really has everything. Strong characters, murder, crime, gay love story, plot twists. The first two episodes were a little bit hard to get my head around but it fell into place the more I watched, and I'm up to the 7th episode now.

Rebecca is pretty much an unlikeable character so far, but I'm hoping she'll come into her own.

I agree with the above, when that assistant committed suicide it was a real ohmy.gif moment.

I've never seen Viola Davis in anything before, but she is utterly exceptional.

+Quote this post
Qween
post 4th December 2014, 08:50 AM
Post #35
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen

It's great entertainment, but the whole thing feels like the writers are making it up as they go along. Most of the characters are hollow shells of people, yet we are supposed to care about them. Objectively it's just not a well written or conceived show, but it really is bloody good FUN.

+Quote this post
p a v
post 4th December 2014, 08:55 AM
Post #36
Group icon

I think the fact they have been revealing clues about what is going to happen in the midseason finale shows they actually DID think everything through... at least the first half of the season haha. I don't think the plot would have fallen into place so smoothly if they didn't know what would happen next.

+Quote this post
Qween
post 4th December 2014, 09:16 AM
Post #37
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen

Well, yeah there is that, but I mean it doesn't feel like the murderer was chosen beforehand because THAT was just a total clusterf***. It really annoyed me who it is too, because it's going to push the show in a direction I don't want to have to watch, mainly because said character is BY FAR the worst.

+Quote this post
p a v
post 4th December 2014, 09:48 AM
Post #38
Group icon

ur just racist~

I kinda knew it would be either him or Rebecca all along for some reason haha. Well as soon as they showed that Rebecca was in that place at t hat time PLUS had blood all over her face I thought it was actually her but finding out Wes did it didn't surprise me at all.

+Quote this post
Qween
post 4th December 2014, 10:15 AM
Post #39
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen

I wanted it to be Michaela. Or Connor. Hell, even bloody LAUREL would have been better. If he tries to justify it as doing the right thing I am quitting the show (and you just KNOW they will, because he's SUCH A GOOD BOY)

+Quote this post
Cal
post 28th February 2015, 11:17 PM
Post #40
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 5,964

Jesus CHRIST at that finale. The murderer was a good twist (SLIGHTLY expected it early on but thought I was extremely paranoid) and I wasn't expecting the murder at the end. Next season please! <3

+Quote this post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 05:20 PM