BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Kylie Surprise, Bid For Christmas Number 1
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Padamic Tension
post Dec 2 2015, 02:31 AM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845
I have taken this from the chart thread posted by top40chartsuk

Kylie Minogue is to make a surprise bid for that coveted position the Christmas No.1 with a little help from the production team
who launched her career - Stock Aitken & Waterman who are reuniting especially for the occasion.

A formal announcement is due tomorrow.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showb...istmas-No1.html

https://twitter.com/PeteWatermanOBE/status/...759592494342144

I would this to work,id love it to be true and i would it to happen, but i have my doubts unsure.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Nina West
post Dec 8 2015, 01:50 AM
Post #2
Group icon
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
User: 19,846
I would love for Kylie to get a #1 again, it would be so amazing with #1's in 3 decades 80's, 90's & 00's, it would be so iconic for her to get a chart topper in her 4th decade in music. "Only You" is a fantastic welcomed surprise on her XMAS album, as is "Everyday's Like Christmas", they are both amazing and deserve to do well at least. It's been a long time since she's last had a big solo smash hit and still think that she can do it again.

+Quote this post
aeroco
post Dec 8 2015, 08:17 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 2,392
Sad that radio overall just seems to have dropped her. Would have thought Only You and EDLC would both have been played way more than they are.

+Quote this post
aeroco
post Dec 8 2015, 08:17 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
Sad that radio overall just seems to have dropped her. Would have thought Only You and EDLC would both have been played way more than they are.

+Quote this post
slowdown73
post Dec 8 2015, 08:35 AM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 1,031
I agree its sad about the lack of radio support. Even with a bit of promotion, this has made quite a difference to sales/chart positions and shows she still has some popularity.

+Quote this post
aeroco
post Dec 8 2015, 08:37 AM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
The songs won't take off with just promo. Need AirPlay too. At least we are seeing gains this week.

+Quote this post
pippa
post Dec 8 2015, 02:00 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031
The best result i can see happening for this is for it make make the top 75 or top 100. I would be totally shocked if it becomes a big hit.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Dec 8 2015, 03:00 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472
I don't feel like any of the songs this era are set out to be hits, even this one - Kylie herself certainly hasn't seemed all that convinced when people say it's a contender for Xmas #1. If they were particularly focused on getting a hit single, only one song would be getting the airplay and performances etc., but instead the managment team realise that giving several songs different treatment will help sell the album, similar to what they did with The Abbey Road Sessions.

+Quote this post
pippa
post Dec 8 2015, 04:28 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031
I can only agree. The label do not seem to be pushing at all for a hit single, they are looking for album sales. No one song is getting the sole performances, instead, Kylie is performing different songs each time from the album. This strategy does appear to be working, but i would question, if she had a big Christmas hit single, the album may also sell as well as it doing so far and she would have another hit single to her credits.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 08:02 PM