BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> 'Don't Stop The Music' turns 10!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Andrew.
post Aug 19 2017, 05:34 AM
Post #1
Group icon
is in hibernation
User: 21,161

With us celebrating 5 years of 'Diamonds', it just came to my mind that it's coming to 10 years to the day since 'Don't Stop The Music' was released as a single!! ohmy.gif

This is a massive bop *.* Like it's basic but it's not like it's trying to be anything else and I remember being obsessed with it as an early teenager 10 years ago (f*** that makes me feel old af laugh.gif). Unfortunately it does seem to have gotten lost in her plethora of hits! sad.gif

What are your memories of 'Don't Stop The Music'? Discuss xo
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Cremey
post Aug 20 2017, 12:52 AM
Post #2
Group icon
on a bench in coney island
User: 4,089
This is such an odd one. It was SUCH a favourite at the time but like you say, it's often forgotten amongst all the other gems in her discography.

I've always liked it (who can deny that MJ sample..?! wub.gif) but it's never been one of my absolute favourites. Although I was always a big fan, my love for her didn't fully take off until the Rated R era and I've never really enjoyed songs from before that as much as those after, with a few exceptions.

+Quote this post
Riser
post Aug 20 2017, 03:07 AM
Post #3
Group icon
The horrors persist, but so do I
User: 19,534
This was my favorite of hers at one point and probably still in my top 3! Definitely underrated in that it's not a song people would think of if you asked them to name Rihanna songs, but everyone still knows it surely, it's barely aged at all (especially compared to Umbrella!) and I'm willing to bet in 10-15 more years it'll be one of her most played songs.

+Quote this post
Atonement
post Aug 20 2017, 08:28 AM
Post #4
Group icon
I just had to see your face to feel alive
User: 10,676
QUOTE(Cremey @ Aug 20 2017, 02:52 AM) *
(who can deny that MJ sample..?! wub.gif)

Actually I always hated that sample and ultimately it's what brings the song down for me. I would've been fine with just an instrumental part.

QUOTE(Floater @ Aug 20 2017, 05:07 AM) *
This was my favorite of hers at one point and probably still in my top 3! Definitely underrated in that it's not a song people would think of if you asked them to name Rihanna songs, but everyone still knows it surely, it's barely aged at all (especially compared to Umbrella!) and I'm willing to bet in 10-15 more years it'll be one of her most played songs.

You really think 'Umbrella' aged more than 'Don't Stop the Music'? huh.gif. On the contrary, I think DSTM is one of her songs that aged the worst.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 06:08 PM