BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Favorite programming lang
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
jojos
post 26th September 2022, 10:16 AM
Post #1
Group icon
New Entry
User: 135,079

For those who are studing programming: what's your fav programming language?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
sandywhite
post 26th September 2022, 10:20 AM
Post #2
Group icon
New Entry
User: 135,094

well I lile Python because it is good enough at most things to be useful and it is fast to write. It also has a great library support compared to the other languages that I have used.

The majority of my work is limited more by my time than processing time, so things like multiprocessor optimization and weird data structures aren't really things that I have to worry about. I might put 500-1000 hours into a project that only gets run for 25 minutes every other week.

+Quote this post
olvs
post 26th September 2022, 10:22 AM
Post #3
Group icon
New Entry
User: 126,407

I study HTML + CSS and Java right now. I'm glad that I found web dev course at https://goit.global/us/ which I can combine with my day work. They can help me to improve my coding skills, create portfolio with samples of my work and employment assistance. I'll become a web developer in 10 months.

This post has been edited by olvs: 28th September 2022, 07:29 AM

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 26th September 2022, 10:23 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

SQL

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 26th September 2022, 10:23 AM
Post #5
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

Hi olvs, why are you talking to yourself with a bunch of aliases?

This is an interesting topic though so I'm keeping it.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 26th September 2022, 10:26 AM
Post #6
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

Python is what I like using for ease of just setting up some formulas to try out, I had some ideas about writing a program to web scrape ROTD votes from a thread and add them all up and output but I couldn't quite get the implementation down before this year's started. Got the regex sitting in my mind though, as long as votes are standardised.

I have the most experience in answering formula questions and building small projects using Javascript so I'd also say that, it's a little bit more of a well put-together structure than Python and of course essential if you do web dev.

And SQL is lovely, I almost never have problems with it.

the more statically typed and strict languages scare me, though I'm at least okay with C. I've built a small text-based game in C++ and it was hellish. I don't like writing games, I've decided. At least not solo.

(but this is the thing, try all the languages out, because they're mostly the same at their base and it all depends on use case)

+Quote this post
Dircadirca
post 26th September 2022, 02:33 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 19,614

JavaScript & C# have been the most 'natural' to me. I'd probably be fine with Python if I'd used it earlier but alas.

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 26th September 2022, 06:31 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
User: 23,247

Difficult to choose! Python is always my go-to language, simply because it was the first one I learnt, but Java and C# are both nice languages as well (I enjoy how organised they both are).

+Quote this post
Envoirment
post 20th May 2023, 06:46 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,030

I did R at university which was fine but a bit frustrating at times (it's developed quite a bit since then a lot of what I had trouble with is much easier now).

Recently started learning Python and I'm enjoying it and finding it easier than R. Although I'm not sure if that's because my expereince in R makes learning Python a bit easier.

+Quote this post
IvanJordan
post 5th June 2023, 07:15 AM
Post #10
Group icon
New Entry
User: 170,331

Python: Python is known for its simplicity and readability. It is widely used for web development, scientific computing, data analysis, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and automation.

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 5th June 2023, 01:23 PM
Post #11
Group icon
I feel it COMING!
Pronouns: he/they
User: 77,363

I learned Python during university and it's still pretty helpful for analysing data and doing scientific stuff basically.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 03:30 PM