BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
> Personal Charts

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> ThePensmith's Top 20 Singles Chart, Week ending 28th June 2019
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
ThePensmith
post Jun 28 2019, 04:42 PM
Post #1
Group icon
They've had the very Tunnocks, Mary
User: 13,208
Hello one and all, happy Glastonbury weekend! Before you rush off to chillax in front of the coverage - or maybe you're there already - it's time to count down my personal top 20 for this week. Little Mix stormed back to the top of my chart last week with their new single 'Bounce Back'. Are they still there for a second week or will new entries from Mabel, Jonas Brothers and Aston Merrygold bring an end to their time at the top? Let's find out...

THEPENSMITH'S TOP 20 SINGLES CHART
Week ending 28th June 2019
© AM LIMITED 2019

1. (HNE) MABEL - Mad Love
2. (NE) JONAS BROTHERS - Cool
3. (1) LITTLE MIX - Bounce Back
4. (3) DANNY JONES - Muddy Water
5. (2) NOW UNITED - Paraná / Beautiful Life
6. (4) MARK RONSON FEAT. LYKKE LI - Late Night Feelings
7. (5) KATY PERRY - Never Really Over
8. (6) JESS GLYNNE FEAT. JAX JONES - One Touch
9. (NE) ASTON MERRYGOLD - Whine Up
10. (7) CRAIG DAVID - When You Know What Love Is

11. (8) KYGO FEAT. RITA ORA - Carry On
12. (9) AVICII FEAT. ALOE BLACC - SOS
13. (10) NOEL GALLAGHER'S HIGH FLYING BIRDS - Black Star Dancing
14. (11) FOUR OF DIAMONDS - Walk Away
15. (NE) RICK ASTLEY - Giant
16. (12) CHERYL - Let You
17. (14) THE VERONICAS - Think Of Me
18. (15) SHAWN MENDES - If I Can't Have You
19. (13) LIGHTHOUSE FAMILY - Light On
20. (18) P!NK FEAT. KHALID - Hurts 2B Human

Compiled from my own personal listening in the last seven days across streaming, digital and physical formats.

KEY

(1) - last week's position
(HNE) - highest new entry
(NE) - new entry
(RE) - re-entry

CHART COMMENTARY

And just like that, we're halfway through 2019 already. Meanwhile, it's another week, and another new chart topper, as Little Mix step aside after just seven days in control. Taking their place at the summit is a young lady who now scores her first ever number one single on my chart.

Daughter of Neneh Cherry, Mabel made her debut alongside Kojo Funds on 'Finders Keepers' which got to #10 exactly two years ago in June 2017. She's since followed it up with three more top 10 hits on my chart - the last one of course, being 'Don't Call Me Up' which peaked at #2 back in March after climbing over a period of eight weeks, and is among my top 10 biggest hits of the year so far.

Now today, she surpasses even that as 'Mad Love' storms to the top as this week's highest new entry and in turn sets things up very nicely indeed for her debut solo album titled 'High Expectations', due out on 2nd August. We can expect more hits like this from her over the remaining six months of 2019 for sure.

Mabel's triumph is at the expense of Jonas Brothers, who after an intense flurry of British promotion and publicity in the last few weeks must have been gunning their hopes on being the second act this year to have two number ones on my chart. 'Cool' is the second single to be lifted from their comeback album 'Happiness Begins' and is this week's second highest new hit.

It is also, of course, the follow-up to their comeback single 'Sucker', which spent an entire month at the top back in the spring, and which is currently the second biggest single of 2019 on my chart so far - it's still on my chart this week in fact, down three to #27. Still, a #2 hit follow-up to a chart topper is nothing to be sniffed at, even if you suspect it won't have quite the longevity their last single had.

Speaking of artists who've been 2019 chart toppers, when we last saw Aston Merrygold it was way back at the start of the year when 'Poison Ivy' spent a week at the top to crown him with the first solo chart topper from his former band JLS. He returns to top 10 ways this week, even if the #9 entry for 'Whine Up' lacks a little of the impact of his last release.

Finally this week, Rick Astley returns to my top 20 with the most unlikely of songs as a cover version, given that it is barely six months old. 'Giant' only got as high as #22 on my chart back in February for Calvin Harris with Rag'n'Bone Man, but his version improves on that by seven places with a #15 entry point.

FLASHBACK TOP 10

Your chance to see how my personal top 10 was looking on this week in the last 20 years. This week in 2003: a second week on top for US goth rockers Evanescence, plus classic hits from Wayne Wonder, Delta Goodrem and Amy Studt

1. (1) EVANESCENCE - Bring Me To Life

2. (HNE) WAYNE WONDER - No Letting Go
3. (NE) DELTA GOODREM - Lost Without You
4. (2) AMY STUDT - Misfit
5. (3) DJ SAMMY - Sunlight
6. (NE) ASHANTI - Rock Wit U (Awww Baby)
7. (NE) KURTIS MANTRONIK PRESENTS CHAMONIX - How Did You Know
8. (4) S CLUB - Say Goodbye / Love Ain't Gonna Wait For You
9. (5) DANNII MINOGUE - Don't Wanna Lose This Feeling
10. (NE) THE DARKNESS - Growing On Me

This post has been edited by ThePensmith: Jul 5 2019, 11:42 AM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:55 PM