BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> Personal Charts

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> ThePensmith's Top 20 Singles Chart, Week ending 13th September 2019
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
ThePensmith
post 13th September 2019, 03:59 PM
Post #1
Group icon
They've had the very Tunnocks, Mary
User: 13,208

Hello everyone, Friday's here, as is the weekend, and it's time to bring you our personal top 20 singles of the week. Will Mark Ronson and Camila Cabello repeat the feat of his last chart topper and break on through into a second month at number one, or will big new entries from Alphabeat and OneRepublic amongst others bring their time at the top to an end? This is where we find out...

THEPENSMITH'S TOP 20 SINGLES CHART
Week ending 13th September 2019
© AM LIMITED 2019

1. (HNE) ALPHABEAT - I Don't Know What's Cool Anymore
2. (NE) ONEREPUBLIC - Wanted
3. (1) MARK RONSON FEAT. CAMILA CABELLO - Find U Again
4. (2) CRAIG DAVID - Do You Miss Me Much
5. (NE) JONAS BLUE FEAT. HRVY - Younger
6. (4) KATY PERRY - Small Talk
7. (5) PAIGE CAVELL - Figure It Out
8. (6) SHAWN MENDES FEAT. CAMILA CABELLO - Senőrita
9. (NE) JIMMY BALITO - Perfume
10. (3) ANDY BROWN - John Travolta

11. (7) JAMES BLUNT - Cold
12. (8) NOEL GALLAGHER'S HIGH FLYING BIRDS - This Is The Place
13. (9) CALL ME LOOP - Self Love
14. (10) OSCAR SCHELLER FEAT. LILY ALLEN - 1%
15. (11) HIMESH PATEL - Yesterday
16. (NE) STEVE AOKI FEAT. BACKSTREET BOYS - Let It Be Me
17. (12) JACK PEŃATE - Prayer
18. (15) LÉON - Falling
19. (14) OLLY MURS - Talking To Yourself / That Girl (Remix)
20. (13) LIGHTHOUSE FAMILY - Blue Sky In Your Head

Compiled from my own personal listening in the last seven days across streaming, digital and physical formats.

KEY

(1) - last week's position
(HNE) - highest new entry
(NE) - new entry
(RE) - re-entry

CHART COMMENTARY

Well if you were after the proof that the autumn is finally upon us, then look at this week's top 20 and lo, there's a shakeout of the existing summer hits as fifteen records go down, five are brand new entries (four of which are inside the top 10), and there's also a new number one. And the record which puts Mark Ronson and Camila Cabello's four week reign with 'Find U Again' to an end is a welcome return indeed.

Alphabeat launched back into our chart in March with their comeback single 'Shadows', an instant top 5 hit that stayed around for an impressive eight weeks in our top 20. Now eleven years after their last chart topper with 'Boyfriend', the Danish wonky poppers notch up their fourth number one and ninth top 10 hit as the delightfully weird but loveable 'I Don't Know What's Cool Anymore' crashes in as the highest new entry.

It's also a welcome back to our chart this week for OneRepublic, who claim the second highest new hit at #2. 'Wanted' is actually the second single from their as yet to be confirmed fifth album. The first was 'Rescue Me' back in May, but it failed to make our top 40, peaking at #63. It thus marks a return to their top 10 ways for the first time since 'Kids' made #6 almost three years ago in October 2016.

Just over a month since he last released a new single, Jonas Blue notches up his third top 10 hit of the year this week - and second to reach the top 5 - entering at #5 with 'Younger'. After 'I Wanna Dance' (which got as high as #10 just six weeks ago - it's still on our chart this week at #40) saw him get behind the mic, he's back on background duties for this single as teen heartthrob and vocalist HRVY appears as the performer on this track.

With Molly Hocking, current reigning champion of The Voice UK still yet to release a follow up to her top 3 debut 'I'll Never Love Again' from April, the runner up on this year's  series - and a fellow member of Olly Murs' team that she was part of - was Brighton born singer songwriter Jimmy Balito. His self penned and released debut single 'Perfume' claims a new entry at this week's #9, making him the third former contestant from the show this year to secure a top 10 hit after Molly and 2018 runner up Donel Mangena hit #10 with 'Planets' back in March.

Rounding things off this week, Backstreet's back in the top 20. Backstreet Boys are guest stars on the new single from producer and DJ Steve Aoki, titled 'Let It Be Me', which debuts at this week's #16. It is now their fourteenth top 40 hit on our chart since they hit the summit with 'I Want It That Way' back in May 1999.

But if you think the action ends there for September, think again. More big new singles are imminently due for arrival in the coming weeks from Now United, Jonas Brothers and Camila Cabello. And that's before we've even got onto the return of both Niall Horan and the biggest boyband in our chart history after a gap of almost six years next week with not one but well...ten potential new hits. More as we say next week - what a corker it promises to be.

FLASHBACK TOP 10

Your chance to see how my personal top 10 was looking on this week in the last 20 years. This week in 2000: Modjo become the first French act in my chart history to claim a number one single, plus classic hits from Sonique, A1 and Madonna

1. (HNE) MODJO - Lady (Hear Me Tonight)

2. (NE) SONIQUE - Sky
3. (1) A1 - Take On Me
4. (2) MADONNA - Music
5. (3) ELEMENT FOUR - Big Brother UK TV Theme
6. (4) SPILLER - Groovejet (If This Ain't Love)
7. (NE) WYCLEF JEAN - It Doesn't Matter
8. (5) TRUE STEPPERS FEAT. DANE BOWERS & VICTORIA BECKHAM - Out Of Your Mind
9. (6) ROBBIE WILLIAMS - Rock DJ
10. (7) BRITNEY SPEARS - Lucky
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Sergej
post 14th September 2019, 10:58 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,723

Hello ThePenSmith!
Nice to see "Wanted" and "Younger" debut in your chart, they've also debuted on my chart as well!
I also kinda like the Steve Aoki and Backstreet Boys song too.
Great chart!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 02:31 PM