BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Forthcoming Spice Girls Documentary, Netflix?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Mr.X
post 1st November 2023, 09:25 AM
Post #41
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,587

QUOTE(sammy01 @ Nov 1 2023, 09:17 AM) *
A documentary on Netflix celebrating 30 years would be the best time to get out unreleased tracks and release something worthwhile.

They can use snippets of the tracks in the documentary or them recording/performing them. It could either be the GH re-released with a 2nd disc of unreleased stuff or a big say 6 disc thing with everything, the studio albums, bsides, remixes, unreleased stuff. Only the latter would make Spice25 and SW25 completely pointless so I think the GH 2nd disc might be better.

I seriously doubt them - or Simon - would care for a 6-disc thing but I agree that a new version of the GH would be perfect timing for this. Chuck a couple of unreleased tracks and it would be quite the release, me thinks!!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Equinox8
post 1st November 2023, 05:29 PM
Post #42
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 132,865

QUOTE(sammy01 @ Nov 1 2023, 08:17 AM) *
A documentary on Netflix celebrating 30 years would be the best time to get out unreleased tracks and release something worthwhile.

They can use snippets of the tracks in the documentary or them recording/performing them. It could either be the GH re-released with a 2nd disc of unreleased stuff or a big say 6 disc thing with everything, the studio albums, bsides, remixes, unreleased stuff. Only the latter would make Spice25 and SW25 completely pointless so I think the GH 2nd disc might be better.

If by remixes, you mean the ALWAYS in-demand Junior Vasquez Remix of Wannabe, then I believe you would be correct. teresa.gif

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 1st November 2023, 05:33 PM
Post #43
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,988

Part of me does love how they (the label) have forced that remix to get attention and half decent streams when no one was looking for it.

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 1st November 2023, 06:16 PM
Post #44
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

I hate that stupid remix, it's terrible...

+Quote this post
Blond 2.0
post 2nd November 2023, 01:08 AM
Post #45
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 39,576

I don't like it either LOL

+Quote this post
Melancholia
post 2nd November 2023, 11:30 AM
Post #46
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 162,906

The only remix I love of Wannabe is the Motiv8 Vocal slam because it's so unashamedly 90s and vibrant and nostalgic.

They could easily make a comprehensive collection for the documentary with fan editions available containing unreleased stuff, but we all know by now it won't happen. They want a lot of money for not a lot of effort.

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 2nd November 2023, 12:29 PM
Post #47
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

What they need is a top notch remix of Wannabe by a big name producer for 2023.

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 2nd November 2023, 03:33 PM
Post #48
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(sammy01 @ Nov 2 2023, 01:29 PM) *
What they need is a top notch remix of Wannabe by a big name producer for 2023.

Can we have anything other than Wannabe please? Please.... Like, Im so bored of Wannabe rolleyes.gif

Say You'll Be There, Who Do You Think You Are, Stop, Spice Up Your Life, Never Give Up On The Good Times... all of these have great hooks that can be remixed...

I fear another commissioned remix will just turn out like this

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 2nd November 2023, 04:55 PM
Post #49
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

The 'party mix' does fairly well on Spotify now. Though it will be the casuals sticking it on drunk on cheap wine. I guess that was who it was made for not us proper fans.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 23 hours ago
Post #50
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

Take with a pinch of salt but here’s a new Daily Mail article/

ALISON BOSHOFF: Why Geri Halliwell doesn't Wannabe a part of the Spice Girls' 30th anniversary celebrations

I can reveal that plans to mark their 30th anniversary with a documentary have also fallen apart.

After the Netflix Beckham documentary, made by David's TV company, was such a success last year, the Spice Girls started to talk to the streamer about possibly making a similar all-access show about the group and their phenomenal success.

It was to feature lengthy interviews with all of the 'girls' and their families, talking about their experiences of fame and of life since their pop heyday.

The idea was to tie the documentary to the 30th anniversary of the group being founded in 1994

However, although Victoria, Mel B, Mel C and Emma Bunton were all keen on the doc, after a number of meetings Geri Halliwell was still against the idea and they were not able to talk her round. This disagreement — certainly not the first in the group — created a little bit of frost between Ginger and the other girls.

And it may have been in Mel B's mind when she remarked about not knowing how old Geri was because she never saw her passport. They kept their distance at the party at Oswald's in Mayfair last weekend.

Some believe Geri wasn't keen on the scrutiny due to the looming scandal over husband Christian Horner, whose role at F1 team Red Bull appeared to be in peril after an employee alleged he had harassed her.

Horner was cleared in March after an inquiry, but the complainant has launched an appeal against that decision.

A source said: 'It might have been awkward for Geri to get out there and talk about Girl Power in these circumstances surrounding Christian but in truth even before it all came out she wasn't keen on revisiting those days. She just didn't want to go over all the fun, wild times that they had.'

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 22 hours ago
Post #51
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

TBH I hate the Daily Mail, hateful rag that shouldnt even exist for all the lies and hurt they inflict on the world in general. Not even in celebrities, but on the minds of the publics. Disgusting pricks.

I can believe that thigns went south a bit by Geri's attention being with her book and the drama around her marriage. But I think this is bullshit.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 18 hours ago
Post #52
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

Also Geri thinks she's Shakespeare now rotf.gif what a joke

+Quote this post
Rebel
post 17 hours ago
Post #53
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 140,886

this is a f***ing joke if they haven't even begun filming it. I hate this f***ing band.

+Quote this post
Melancholia
post 16 hours ago
Post #54
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 162,906

Believe that and you'll believe anything.

+Quote this post
jakewild
post 15 hours ago
Post #55
Group icon
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
User: 2,790

lol imagine geri not wanting the attention

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 15 hours ago
Post #56
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed

QUOTE(jakewild @ 26th April 2024, 06:00 PM) *
lol imagine geri not wanting the attention

laugh.gif True, but she now wants to be Shakespeare and not remembered ss a Spicy Ladies!

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 15 hours ago
Post #57
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

I think they have got the jist right, that it was first delayed because of Geri's book. Then it was agreed to be this year for the 30th anniversary but again Geri has put a spanner in the works again with the sext scandal. But that it is ready to go and all filmed and done.

I totally believe she wouldn't want it coming out now with the scandal still on going (the woman is appealing the outcome of the 'internal investigation'). The headlines will write themselves with Geri's parts no doubt gushing over Christian and their perfect life "Spice Girls documentary shows clueless Geri fawning over husband Christian just weeks/months before sext scandal".

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 13 hours ago
Post #58
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

Why would Geri be "fawning" over perfect life and husband in a documentary about the Spice Girls!??

It's a cheap, easy, pathetic newspaper article from a newspaper that has always dragged the girls, immigrants, lgbtq, and women.

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 13 hours ago
Post #59
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Because that has been Geri's whole personality for the past 4 years. You are telling me 'I only wear white' Geri doesn't have parts in the documentary filmed at her country manor. Feeding the horses while chatting, or Christian milling around while she says how supportive he was of her doing SW19 and finally playing Wembley.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 13 hours ago
Post #60
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed

QUOTE(sammy01 @ 26th April 2024, 08:13 PM) *
Because that has been Geri's whole personality for the past 4 years. You are telling me 'I only wear white' Geri doesn't have parts in the documentary filmed at her country manor. Feeding the horses while chatting, or Christian milling around while she says how supportive he was of her doing SW19 and finally playing Wembley.

PREACH!!!

They got it right.

+Quote this post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

4 user(s) reading this thread
CallMeKylie + 3 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 08:42 AM