BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Melanie C x Emergency_Loop Remix of Tove Lo - I like u
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Voodoo
post 20th July 2023, 11:17 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 5,829

This post has been edited by Voodoo: 29th July 2023, 09:43 AM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
ilovepollo
post 21st July 2023, 06:28 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 39,573

I cant hear Melanie in that song

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 21st July 2023, 06:33 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,988

She has remixed it not singing on it.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 22nd July 2023, 09:24 AM
Post #4
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

I wasn't so keen, but I can imagine in the right setting (a club) that it would work in that environment. Less so when I played it yesterday morning while I was still in bed! laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 22nd July 2023, 09:28 AM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

QUOTE(ilovepollo @ Jul 21 2023, 07:28 PM) *
I cant hear Melanie in that song

So Mel is the remixer and not the singer?

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 22nd July 2023, 09:36 AM
Post #6
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

She is indeed just remixing, same as Jessie Ware - Free Yourself Remix.

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 22nd July 2023, 01:54 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

Got to give Melanie her dues, she really perseveres with different elements of music related ventures. Recording music, touring, festivals, DJing and now remixing.

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 22nd July 2023, 02:37 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,587

I mean, she could put that effort into recording with the f***ing Spice Girls for once to be honest with you....

That remix is not great, sorry... most of it is just noise...

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 22nd July 2023, 03:27 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

QUOTE(Mr.X @ Jul 22 2023, 03:37 PM) *
I mean, she could put that effort into recording with the f***ing Spice Girls for once to be honest with you....

That remix is not great, sorry... most of it is just noise...

Would be lovely but you can't blame her for not wanting to invest in recording with the girls when they change their minds or choose other things like the moon changes. Also she cops so much blame for it when it's been every one of the girls at some point or other, her doing her own solo stuff is not the one thing blocking new Spice Girls stuff so why shouldn't she do her own thing.

- 98 Victoria and Mel B get pregnant and need to take a break which scraps any plans for a 98 album which would clearly have been released

- 99 She has a solo album out, the other 3 girls all want to record and release solo albums too all 4 of them are recording or releasing solo material

- 00 Clearly she has mental health issues and Spice Girls is the worst place for her to be at this period, not helped by the behaviours of the other girls themselves turning her photo round like Geri's, Victoria herself says many years later that they wish she had known what she was going through and given her time and support.

- 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06 She can't bear the thought of being in the band again, is placing all her issues on the group which she eventually works through and realises it's only a part of it. None of the other 4 girls are pushing for a reunion or new music as they are all invested in their own things anyway.

- 07, 08 She embraces being a Spice Girl again, invests in a world tour which then gets cuts short due to Mel B needing to pull out of it, whole thing gets abandoned.

- 09, 10, 11 Girls have all moved on, Victoria in particular has no interest in the group anymore, Mel B's relationship clearly causes issues between Mel and Victoria possibly the other girls too, she has very little to do with them.

- 12 She joins for Olympics and Viva Forever Musical, seems open to the idea of a four piece reunion without Victoria for some reason it doesn't go ahead, likely due to Mel B and her relationship.

- 13, 14 No plans from any girls for work together, except for Mel B sprouting usual rubbish.

- 16 She is up for a reunion to tour and I suspect there is music ideas due to her clearly knowing 'Song for her' when it was played on 8 out of 10 cats, The other 3 girls want to launch an X Factor style show to replace Posh which she is 100% against, she walks away from the whole thing damaging her relationship with Emma in the process at the time. Then takes the whole blame for it which the other 3 girls allow her to do keeping quiet about the whole TV show thing when it's clear it won't work.

- 17, 18 There is clearly some issues between the girls for what happened in 16 this is evident in her lack of time spent with Emma and the fact she is seen more with Victoria again.

- 19 She reunites with them for a tour again, says she is open minded about what the future brings, wants to continue after the tour and go to Australia but Geri pulls out and it falls apart.

- 20, 21, 22, 23 Has constantly said she would love to get back with the girls and tour but Geri is clearly no up for it, the one time it nearly happens she says that they have to do places abroad that they haven't visited, someone else (clearly Geri or Emma) won't do it because they don't want to be away from family.

The constant moaning for new Spice Girls stuff every time one of them does something on their own is really annoying, almost as annoying as not having any Spice Girls stuff.

+Quote this post
Voodoo
post 29th July 2023, 09:51 AM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 5,829

Over 123,309 Spotify streams in its first week. According to Emergency_Loop, there is more to come. cool.gif

This post has been edited by Voodoo: 29th July 2023, 09:52 AM

+Quote this post
vibe
post 29th July 2023, 11:33 AM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,763

The point of a remix is to be beats and noise 😂😂😂!

Unnecessary hate for Mel C again! Its pathetic.

+Quote this post
dancinqueen
post 29th July 2023, 12:30 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 95,682

She’s the best. She’s a real artist. She’s credible.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 07:05 AM