BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

9 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Take That: News
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Kath
post 12th May 2009, 10:50 PM
Post #81
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,980

QUOTE(IrisAlbastru @ May 12 2009, 07:50 PM) *
http://www.tv.com/story/14709.html Take That have been voted Britain's dream Eurovision entry.

Well I hope that those who voted continue to dream on! The Eurovision Challenge is a poisoned chalice to any British act offered it! I have nothing but respect for those who take up the challenge as they'll only lose! I must admit though ... I only watch Eurovision for a laugh (lately tuning in only for the reading of the votes/results). But I'm in a quandarry this year ... I really like the girl singing the song for Britain (even though to me its just 'meh') but I can't stand Andrew Lloyd Webber - so one half of me wants it to do well for her sake - but the other half of me wants it to come last just to see the look on the pompous arse-hole Lloyd Webber!

Norma

This post has been edited by Norma_Snockers: 12th May 2009, 10:51 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
IrisAlbastru
post 13th May 2009, 08:44 PM
Post #82
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 6,760

The lady has a very nice voice, but the song is boring. I love Eurovision and i so would like TakeThat to win . Thos who win are then very known in east EU laugh.gif . But i know is just a dream and because of UK media should remain a dream!

+Quote this post
Kath
post 13th May 2009, 09:03 PM
Post #83
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(IrisAlbastru @ May 13 2009, 09:44 PM) *
The lady has a very nice voice, but the song is boring. I love Eurovision and i so would like TakeThat to win . Thos who win are then very known in east EU laugh.gif . But i know is just a dream and because of UK media should remain a dream!

I hope Take That never do Eurovision --- even if they won it - I'd never forgive them. laugh.gif

Norma

+Quote this post
IrisAlbastru
post 14th May 2009, 04:18 PM
Post #84
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 6,760

A^little commenatry about Said it all video: http://www.promonews.tv/2009/05/13/take-th...-lindy-heymann/

+Quote this post
Kath
post 15th May 2009, 08:49 PM
Post #85
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

One hopes this turns out to be a load of bollocks!

http://www.bild.de/BILD/news/bild-english/...ony-hadley.html

Norma

+Quote this post
Kath
post 14th June 2009, 10:12 AM
Post #86
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Wasn't sure whether to put this in news or tour -

http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/tv-showbiz-new...78057-21440106/

Norma

+Quote this post
Kath
post 22nd June 2009, 08:08 AM
Post #87
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Sunday Herald - the power of the female music fan ... and Take That of course!

http://www.sundayherald.com/news/heraldnew...2515612.0.0.php

Norma

+Quote this post
Kath
post 4th July 2009, 09:11 AM
Post #88
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

News on a future album and possibly a tour in 2011.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showb...ther-album.html

Norma

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 4th July 2009, 02:13 PM
Post #89
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

The links wont work for me and its to do with my server which is so annoying, did it say much about the new album???Im so happy we will get at least one more studio album but im thinking we will get more i have always had that feeling but even if it doesnt we have a new studio album and a new greatest hits to come from this era and at worst we may get a brand new song on a greatest hits when it comes, all this along with new b sides etc we still have loads of take that goodies to look forward to in the future.

+Quote this post
Kath
post 4th July 2009, 08:45 PM
Post #90
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Here it is Pete - doesn't really say anything much.

That’s great news

IT’S the news all TAKE THAT fans have been waiting to hear – there will definitely be another album.
Over a million lucky folk have been sent home singing, smiling and celebrating the man band’s amazing Circus tour over the past month.

And every single one will be punching the air to hear the TT juggernaut will roll on after the curtain comes down at Wembley tomorrow night.

MARK OWEN, JASON ORANGE, HOWARD DONALD and GARY BARLOW have already made a start on their sixth album during the tour. And if history repeats itself, you can bet your boots there will be another jaw-dropping tour in 2011.

A source said: “The lads always thought the Circus album would be a good way to bow out. The last thing they planned to release was the DVD of the show which is being filmed at Wembley this weekend.

“The bond between them is so strong at the moment that they decided they should keep the momentum going.

“Mark, Howard and Jason are in the songwriting form of their life — it’s not all on Gary’s shoulders, as a lot of people think.

“The response on tour has reassured them all that there is still a huge hunger for the boys to continue.”

Gary popped in briefly to the O2 Silver Clef Awards in aid of the Nordoff-Robbins charity at London’s Hilton Hotel yesterday.

The charity provides music therapy sessions for 35,000 adults and children every year.

He presented a cheque from the band for £50,000 — money the band raised by charging pals and VIPs who have tried blagging guest-list slots on the tour.

As Gary received the top award — the O2 Silver Clef — on behalf of the band, he joked: “Don’t be playing Angels before I come up on stage! Here’s a cheque from the band from all those people who try to get away without paying for tickets to the show.”

STEREOPHONICS picked up the gong for British Band of 2009.

PETER ANDRE pouted for a snap with Celebrity Big Bro winner CHANTELLE HOUGHTON after they bumped into each other for the second time this week.

And the singer got the biggest laugh of the day when he was manhandled on stage by a drunk, tattooed woman who wanted her picture taken. Seems life hasn’t changed a lot since he split with JORDAN.

+Quote this post
Kath
post 18th July 2009, 09:46 AM
Post #91
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Look To The Stars

Take That Brings Hope To Wembley

http://www.looktothestars.org/news/2816-ta...wembley-concert

July 17, 2009 by Tim Saunders

A ten-year-old English Cerebral Palsy sufferer had her dream come true thanks to the UK’s Make-A-Wish Foundation last week, when she got to meet boyband Take That.

Hope, from Essex, was granted the wish to go to London and attend the concert at Wembley Stadium in a luxury pink limousine.

According to the Make-A-Wish Foundation, "She was especially thrilled to meet Mark Owen, as he is her favorite member of the group. She clapped her hands and blew him kisses when she met him. Mark was very touched and made Hope the envy of millions of girls when he bent down to give her a kiss on the cheek and told her to have a great time watching the show.“

“Hope will remember this day forever and so will I,“ said Hope’s mother. "Just to see the smile on her face made me so happy. Thank you Make-A-Wish for making this magical wish happen.”

This post has been edited by Norma_Snockers: 18th July 2009, 09:48 AM

+Quote this post
Kath
post 18th July 2009, 02:11 PM
Post #92
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Norma_Snockers @ Jul 18 2009, 10:46 AM) *
Look To The Stars

Take That Brings Hope To Wembley

http://www.looktothestars.org/news/2816-ta...wembley-concert

July 17, 2009 by Tim Saunders

A ten-year-old English Cerebral Palsy sufferer had her dream come true thanks to the UK’s Make-A-Wish Foundation last week, when she got to meet boyband Take That.

Hope, from Essex, was granted the wish to go to London and attend the concert at Wembley Stadium in a luxury pink limousine.

According to the Make-A-Wish Foundation, "She was especially thrilled to meet Mark Owen, as he is her favorite member of the group. She clapped her hands and blew him kisses when she met him. Mark was very touched and made Hope the envy of millions of girls when he bent down to give her a kiss on the cheek and told her to have a great time watching the show.“

“Hope will remember this day forever and so will I,“ said Hope’s mother. "Just to see the smile on her face made me so happy. Thank you Make-A-Wish for making this magical wish happen.”

+Quote this post
Kath
post 18th July 2009, 02:50 PM
Post #93
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

More on the same story.

http://www.make-a-wish.org.uk/wishes/latest/?200

Norma

+Quote this post
Kath
post 2nd October 2009, 08:27 PM
Post #94
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Been forgetting to put any new 'articles' in here! Foolishly I've been posting them separately. From now on ... make sure I put them in here!

Anyway ... found this rather funny!

http://www.onlineprnews.com/news/7652-1254...p-partners.html

Almost two thirds of British women think they would be luckier in love if they lost weight, a new survey has revealed.

Online PR News – 01-October-2009 – Almost two thirds of British women think they would be luckier in love if they lost weight, a new survey has revealed.

And one third of women admit they would DUMP their partners and find someone more attractive if they were slimmer.

Celebrities such as George Clooney, Brad Pitt and all four members of Take That were all named by women as being men they would happily ditch their partners and run away with.

Yet former pop favourite Robbie Williams fared less well in the poll with less than one per cent of respondents naming him as someone they would be prepared to dump their husband or boyfriend for.

The poll of women aged 18 to 50 was carried out on behalf of weight loss product Proactol and full results are due to be published on the company’s website www.Proactol.co.uk.

The poll revealed that a shocking 65% of women believe they would be luckier in love if they were slimmer.

And 33% of the women questioned said they would happily dump their husband or boyfriend if they did posses their dream bodies – and run off with someone more attractive.

When asked who they would choose to run away with the women named celebrities from film, TV and music with Robert Patterson, star of the Twilight movies, featuring in the wish list of the younger ladies while actors George Clooney and Brad Pit were most popular with those over 25.

Man band Take That enjoyed popularity with every age group and all four members smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif were named as a dream man worthy of ditching a partner for. Yet the band’s former member Robbie Williams was named by only one respondent – possibly a sign of his fading popularity. laugh.gif laugh.gif

Proactol product manager Katie Downing-Howitt said: "We all know women who complain about their weight and try to diet and our survey shows this is completely normal with a majority of women feeling this way at any time.

"Very close to two thirds of those we surveyed feel they are over weight and almost one fifth feel they are very overweight.

"I was more surprised by how many women admitted they would leave their partners for someone more attractive if they did manage to lose their excess weight. The survey shows that almost one third of women are only with their partners because they feel they couldn’t do any better.

"But if they could lose weight women clearly feel they would be more confident and more attractive – so look out lads.

"Our product Proactol is an organic fat binder which helps dieters to reduce their calorie intake. With more and more women finding it is possible to reach their target weight with the help of Proactol, men could increasingly find themselves back on the shelf in the months and years ahead."

She added that Proactol were seeking case studies of couples who had fallen out of love after weightloss. If you dumped your partner after losing weight please contact the Proactol team through their website www.Proactol.co.uk

ENDS

Based on a sample of 200 women.

I can't see anyone dumping a perfectly good partner for Rob either! In fact ... I can't see anyone in their right mind dumping any partner at all ... unless they have a fetish for a very unfunny but half-good pub singer! That one respondent! I bet she feels so foolish laugh.gif

Norma

This post has been edited by Norma_Snockers: 2nd October 2009, 08:30 PM

+Quote this post
Kath
post 2nd October 2009, 08:33 PM
Post #95
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Another item.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/music/articl...-gary-barlow.do

Soundcheck: Why everyone wants Gary Barlow

His week the red-tops [only the red-tops - us fans couldn't give a shiny one - me] are getting scarlet with excitement at the news that Robbie Williams [I wish he'd just bugger off and promote his album instead of being a cuckoo in the nest - me] has been spied in a New York recording studio with his former Take That bandmates.

All five of the original gang have gathered in Manhattan for Mark Owen's stag do — but it's not the idea of the boys playing late-night drinking games that has everyone so het up. The real excitement lies around the tantalising possibility that Williams will again have songs written for him by the all-conquering Gary Barlow.

Having brought their dazzling Circus tour to Wembley Stadium for four nights this summer, the current incarnation of Take That is hotter than ever, and there's no such thing as time off for their chief songwriter.

Barlow has written To Love Again, a barnstorming piano ballad, with Strictly Come Dancing judge Alesha Dixon for release as her latest single on 15 November. He's also composed This Time for a November comeback album by Shirley Bassey. “Gary is so good-looking and such a gentleman,” said the great dame recently.

Such is the breadth of his appeal that he's now writing for grime-pop teen favourites N-Dubz and the tabloids claim he's going to be working with the reformed Spandau Ballet. If he wrote a song for Gordon Brown, everything would probably be OK.

Then there's Barlow's record company. Future Records, a subsidiary of Take That's label Universal, has been put under Barlow's command as a reward for his band's renewed success. It is about to unveil its first signing. Camilla Kerslake, a 21-year-old from London via New Zealand, stalked Take That with a demo tape in hand until Barlow became convinced that her ghostly, operatic voice could conquer the lucrative classical crossover market. The first single, an Irish folk song entitled She Moved Through the Fair (released 2 November), has more than a bit of Enya about it. The subsequent album also features a cover of Take That's Rule the World, sung in Italian for extra classiness.

With Barlow behind her and a nation of mums in need of Christmas presents, she can't fail. “Gary's one of the biggest talents in the whole of the British music industry and an amazing mentor. How lucky am I?” she says.

It's a long way from the wilderness years after Take That's split. After his second solo album flopped in 1999, spending just one week at number 35 in the charts, Barlow never stopped working. He was in no position to be picky. While Robbie Williams was packing out stadiums, his songs found their way onto releases by Atomic Kitten, German girl group Monrose and X Factor disaster Michelle McManus. He also wrote most of two albums for Donny Osmond.

Did he go bad or were we just not paying attention? If the mark of truly great songwriters, like Dylan or Lennon and McCartney, is the song's ability to sound good in anyone's hands, does he flounder without his bandmates? Listening back to the music of those dark days — though it is difficult to describe as “dark” a period in which he wrote a song called Supersexy for boyband beefcakes Blue — it's clear that too often the songs became the property of inferior voices. A lack of composing confidence is sometimes detectable too. But dig deep and you realise he never lost it.

THE FORGOTTEN BALLADS

Gary Barlow's inspiration didn't dry up while he was in his wilderness years before Take That re-formed. Here are five gems he wrote for others that were overlooked at the time:

Butterfly

Performed by Delta Goodrem on Innocent Eyes (Epic, 2003)
Barlow co-wrote six songs on the teenage Australian soap star's debut album including this one, a fine tune that wouldn't disgrace his main band.

No Big Deal

Performed by Lara Fabian on
A Wonderful Life (Sony, 2004)
This Canada-based Celine Dion type is big in Francophone nations but didn't have much success with her second English-language album. One of Barlow's contributions was this almost rocky number with a typically memorable chorus.

Breeze on By

Performed by Donny Osmond on What I Meant to Say (Universal, 2004)
This smooth, summery single, centred on a lightly funky guitar lick and even featuring a flute solo, became a British top 10 hit for Osmond, his first since the early Seventies.

Easy Way Out

Performed by Charlotte Church on Tissues and Issues (Sony BMG, 2005)
Church's lone attempt at a pop album featured this impressive anthem, building from piano weepiness to a vast chorus loaded with strings.

For All That You Want

Performed by Gary Barlow on Twelve Months Eleven Days (BMG, 1999)
A Take That-style arm-swaying chorus that became Barlow's last solo single before he was dropped by his label. If only they'd known what was to come.

I must say ... I'm not sure I like all this 'bigging up'. This is what happened last time ... loads of pressure on Gary and not an ounce on Robbie Williams.

Norma

This post has been edited by Norma_Snockers: 2nd October 2009, 08:37 PM

+Quote this post
Kath
post 2nd October 2009, 08:54 PM
Post #96
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

http://www.nme.com/news/n-dubz/47637

NME 2nd October 09

N-Dubz have recorded a new song with Take That's Gary Barlow, bandmember Fazer has revealed.

The rapper/producer told BBC Newsbeat that the Take That man entered the studio with them recently for a project he jokingly decribed as "Take Braaaap".

Fazer explained: ""We've done a big tune with Gary Barlow. We're not narrow-minded, we can make big tunes, and we can make massive hooks, big concepts, that's why we've got Gary Barlow in.

"It ain't Take That, it's Take Braaaap. Legend. He came in the studio and it was great – he had time for the underdogs and he came and wrote a smashing hook."

Although Fazer didn't say when the song would be released, he went on to reveal that the band were set for another pop collaboration soon – with Kylie Minogue. "Something will actually come out of this," he said. "The negotiations are almost done and there should be a track with Kylie and N-Dubz and it'll be a smash."

N-Dubz won two MOBO Awards earlier this week in Glasgow.

I love how people are appreciating Gary's sense of humour for what it is ... very dry and laid back ... and perhaps more importantly - adult (which it appears folk still can't 'get' - I guess they'd rather have childish slapstick!)

Norma

This post has been edited by Norma_Snockers: 2nd October 2009, 08:59 PM

+Quote this post
Kath
post 2nd October 2009, 09:13 PM
Post #97
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/entertai...00/10002153.stm

+Quote this post
Kath
post 2nd October 2009, 09:15 PM
Post #98
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Times Online - Gary Barlow sets up Record Label ....

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol...icle6858866.ece

From The Times

October 3, 2009

Gary Barlow sets up record label - and his first signing is a soprano

Adam Sherwin

It is a musical leap that may shock Take That’s millions of fans. Gary Barlow is the latest pop star to try bridging the cultural chasm between pop and classical.

With five Ivor Novello Awards for songwriting and 30 million record sales behind him, Barlow’s work has become one of Britain’s most successful musical exports. Now he is seeking entry into the world of symphonies and arias as composer and talentspotter.

Speaking to The Times from a New York studio, Barlow said: “I’ve set up my own record label, Future, and my first signing is a classical soprano. “I had a small amount of classical training as a child and my mother was disappointed I didn’t go down that route. Now I’ve come round to her way of thinking.”

Pop stars who have dabbled in classical forms include Sir Paul McCartney, who composed Liverpool Oratorio, and Sting, whose album of lute music divided critics.

To begin with, Barlow will guide the career of Camilla Kerslake, 21, a four-octave coloratura soprano, who bombarded the star with demo tapes of her singing Ave Maria at his London recording studio. “I never thought a classical artist would be my first signing but I was entranced by this beautiful, pure voice,” he said. Barlow, 38, who admits that his knowledge of classical terminology is nascent, added: “She didn’t have that wobbly, operatic sound.”

As for the kind of music he is better known for, he confirmed that there is to be a reunion between Take That and Robbie Williams. A chance meeting at the New York studio where Take That are putting the finishing touches to a live album went well. Barlow said: “It was great to see Robbie. I’ve heard his new album and it’s absolutely fantastic. We definitely will work together in the future, we just don’t know when.”

A master of the three-minute radio hit, he is ready to broaden his composing style: “I’m using the classical skills I learnt more and more. I really like that world and I’d like to take it further in the future. The biggest issue is getting mainstream radio audiences to hear classical.” Barlow could even become a classical Simon Cowell. “X Factor-type shows only discover a certain kind of performer,” he said. “I’m looking for people with a different set of values, in pop songwriting or classical.”

With illegal filesharing wiping £180million each year off the value of the recorded music industry, Barlow will leave the limelight to become a backseat impressario. “I love my stagework but I see my future as helping to discover the next generation of talent. As Take That we only get to record 12 songs every two years. I want to be involved in music all the time.”

Will Kerslake be a success? Terry Wogan is a fan of her version of She Moved Through the Fair, which suggests that she is heading for the lucrative classical crossover market. Kerslake said: “I knew it was uncool to listen to opera as a kid, but I didn’t care because I loved it.” She said of her four-octave range: “I am more like a boy soprano, someone who can sing so lightly and so high that, in the upper ranges, I become almost like an instrument.”

Norma

+Quote this post
Kath
post 4th October 2009, 11:33 AM
Post #99
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Well its not news as it is The Star (which is marginally worse than The Sun)

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/10193...-back-for-good/

rotf.gif rotf.gif rotf.gif At the first line! I fully expect next week's heading to say ... Gary was quoted as saying, "Rob ... if Ayda won't marry you ... will you have me ... and I'll even have your babies'.

Norma

This post has been edited by Norma_Snockers: 4th October 2009, 11:34 AM

+Quote this post
Kath
post 7th October 2009, 08:17 PM
Post #100
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Gary commenting at the launch of Camilla's album. I must admit ... I don't think anyone would blame Gary, Jason, Howard or Mark if the decked the next person who asked. Can you believe it ... this event was supposed to be about Camilla Kerslake and the bloody media pop up with 'the question' again.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a18...ie-rumours.html

I'm rather pleased though at Gary's comment on the CIN gig. It looks like they'll be doing their own separate things at that too! Plenty of time for a 'kettle' break when Rob is on - without worrying about missing TT.

Should be a good night. I hope there's some comedy in it too though ... couldn't stand an evening of just music (unless it was just TT and Coldplay - and the Arctic Monkeys - but the last bit is just a bit of wishful thinking on my part!)

Norma

+Quote this post

9 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 29th April 2024, 02:10 AM