BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
12 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> General reality thread
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Liаm
post Mar 7 2015, 05:03 PM
Post #1
Brown cow, stunning!
Group: Members
Member No.: 10,139

I've just started on New Zealand X Factor, didn't think it needed its own thread as I doubt anyone else is watching kink.gif I am only watching because of Natalia Kills <3 So this is a thread for any shows you watch that aren't Big Brother or X Factor in a bigger country that you want to discuss!

I have watched episode 1 and Natalia is fab already <3 Cannot stand Willy Moon though, seems really up himself and pretentious...

So what random choices are you all watching? Seen any little news stories you want to share? This is the place.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Martyn
post Mar 10 2015, 01:30 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 66

I am surprised X Factor NZ is back, it's been off the air since 2013. I thought like Sweden they were back with Idol.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Mar 10 2015, 07:04 PM
Post #3
Brown cow, stunning!

Idol hasn't aired since 2006 laugh.gif From what I've read it did well ratings wise at first but ratings just dropped i the 3rd season. And there's been virtually no commercial success, a bit like The Voice I suppose. Mind you Jackie Thomas (the winner of last season of XF) hasn't released a thing since her winning single and album! Hopefully they launch her properly on the live shows of this season, she was great.

+Quote Post
Martyn
post Mar 10 2015, 11:07 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 66

QUOTE(Liаm @ Mar 10 2015, 07:04 PM) *
Idol hasn't aired since 2006 laugh.gif From what I've read it did well ratings wise at first but ratings just dropped i the 3rd season. And there's been virtually no commercial success, a bit like The Voice I suppose. Mind you Jackie Thomas (the winner of last season of XF) hasn't released a thing since her winning single and album! Hopefully they launch her properly on the live shows of this season, she was great.

Jackie is apparently on the first live show.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Mar 10 2015, 11:52 PM
Post #5
Brown cow, stunning!

ah that's great! Tbh I'm still on episode 2 oops serious catching up to do this week/weekend!

+Quote Post
JosephBoone
post Mar 15 2015, 05:00 PM
Post #6
you never forget your first time...
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 13,530

MOVE over Simon Cowell, the nastiest reality TV judges have reared their ugly heads.

X Factor New Zealand judges Natalia Kills and Willy Moon have sparked outrage after verbally abusing contestant Joe Irvine on Sunday’s live show.

The married couple, both singers, demolished the young performer, comparing him to fictional serial killer Norman Bates and branding his look “disgusting”.

In a vicious tirade, Kills accused Irvine of ripping off her husband’s look by wearing a suit.

“I personally found it artistically atrocious. I’m embarrassed to be sitting here in your presence having to dignify you with my opinion,” the English singer, real name Natalia Noemi Cappuccini-Sinclair, declared.

But it didn’t end there. Her equally hateful husband, Moon, picked up the torch with this scorcher: “You look like Norman Bates dressing up in his mother’s clothing. It’s just a little bit creepy and I feel like you’re going to stitch someone’s skin to your face and then kill everybody in the audience.”

To his credit, Irvine remained dignified as the crowd jeered at the judges’ ridiculous comments.

Fellow judge Melanie Blatt, a former All Saints singer, jumped in to defend Irvine as Stan Walker, the fourth judge, looked on in shock.

“You know what Joe, I don’t think many people have believed in you. But I tell you right now, I believe in you,” Blatt said.

Broadcaster TV3 said on Twitter it had been inundated with comments and complaints about Moon and Kills’ grotesque rants.

“TV3 does not condone bullying and are currently on-site with Joe who is doing well,” TV3 said in a tweet after the show.

Viewers lashed out at the controversial judges on social media, condemning the brutal and unnecessary attacks.

Disgusting behaviour from them both, verbally assaulting a contestant like that, errr what? I really hope action is taken against them both because that behaviour can't be condoned or accepted.

+Quote Post
Nick F1
post Mar 15 2015, 05:07 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 5,392

da fak? is she okay, oh well she killed her flop career.

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Mar 15 2015, 05:10 PM
Post #8
c:
Member No.: 20,692

Really horrible things to say there, can't believe a grown woman would even come out with that on a talent show like this.

My favourite youtube comment: 'isn't she being a hypocrite since she's trying to look like willy wonka, bitch sit down and go make more golden tickets'

DEAD

+Quote Post
JosephBoone
post Mar 15 2015, 05:20 PM
Post #9
you never forget your first time...
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 13,530

laugh.gif

It's not even as if Willy's look is particularly innovative or artistic anyway...

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post Mar 15 2015, 05:37 PM
Post #10
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

I don't even get what point she was trying to make, that he dressed in a suit and combed his hair like that of the WIDELY RENOWNED Willy Moon? Just horrible behaviour, though I'm sure they are both loving the publicity.

This post has been edited by Cheese Wombat: Mar 15 2015, 06:10 PM

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Mar 15 2015, 05:51 PM
Post #11
Brown cow, stunning!

Not watched the episode yet, but oh christ :/ Willy Moon has been horrible and arrogant since episode 1 but I did not expect that from Natalia sad.gif I adore her music and enjoyed her as a judge thus far so I'm totally disgusted and very disappointed.He is in a suit with slicked back hair, did Willy Moon INVENT that look? Didn't think so. They've both had one hit in New Zealand, so idk who they think they are laugh.gif

Natalia did have an outburst on the final auditions episode (not that I've seen yet, i'm well behind and might just skip to the lives) apparently which was reported during filming but apparently that was because the contestant was rude, which is more understandable? This is not. I mean the guy wasn't singing Willy's song or copying his video - he just had similar hair :/ I'd never condone it, but I'd understand it a LITTLE more if he was singing Willy's song and really copied it (if Natalia didn't word it so horribly of course)...

+Quote Post
p a v
post Mar 15 2015, 06:55 PM
Post #12
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
Member No.: 4,397

Willy Moon was #26 in NZ in 2012. Definitely makes his opinion SO VERY IMPORTANT.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Mar 16 2015, 02:43 AM
Post #13
Brown cow, stunning!

They've been sacked. Rightfully so, especially given they showed no remorse at all.

This week's results will jsut have Stan and Mel, and they're gonna get new judges for next week. I'd be shocked if they didn't get Ginny Blackmore tbh.

+Quote Post
RobBot
post Mar 16 2015, 11:08 AM
Post #14
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 7,117

Liam, is there any way you could send me a link where I can watch X Factor NZ? I feel like I wanna see the results show...

+Quote Post
Hayzayy
post Mar 16 2015, 02:40 PM
Post #15
Who's Daniel btw ?
Member No.: 1,804
   No Gallery Pics

Bullies, that's all they are. There are no word to describe their awful behaviour.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Mar 17 2015, 08:59 PM
Post #16
Brown cow, stunning!

Apparently Annabel Faye (only vaguely know her name, meh) is taking over Natalia's role and Dan Smith of Bastille is taking over Willy's role ohmy.gif

Gin Wigmore tho </3 And Ginny Blackmore.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Mar 18 2015, 12:15 AM
Post #17
Brown cow, stunning!

Watched the whole show now, let's just say the talent level isn't as high as Aus laugh.gif Beau, Mae Valley and Finlay are leagues ahead of the rest, maybe Lilli too - Finlay was the best of the night. Still, her version of Chandelier has nothing on Reigan Derry's! I thought Stevie and Fare Thee Well were quite good, but not as good as the judges seemed to think.

+Quote Post
April
post Mar 18 2015, 11:29 AM
Post #18
changed the game with that digital drop
Member No.: 11,905

QUOTE(Liаm @ Mar 17 2015, 08:59 PM) *
Apparently Annabel Faye (only vaguely know her name, meh) is taking over Natalia's role and Dan Smith of Bastille is taking over Willy's role ohmy.gif

Gin Wigmore tho </3 And Ginny Blackmore.

Well at least they've both had more than one top 40 hit in NZ! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Mar 18 2015, 05:26 PM
Post #19
Brown cow, stunning!

...Or not. Saw rumours on Twitter and it was on Wiki (SO reliable, I know) but now it says TBA laugh.gif

Ginny Blackmore is perfoming her new single so fingers crossed for her stilll...

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Mar 19 2015, 08:08 AM
Post #20
Brown cow, stunning!

Natalia and Willy's replacements are officially announced as Natalie Bassingthwaighte and Sheldon Woolright!

Natalie is known internationally for her role as Izzy in Neighbours, as well as being the lead singer Rogue Traders, but she also had a solo career in Australia and is a (read: the best) judge on Aussie X Factor wub.gif No idea who Sheldon is but he seems to be an English metal singer with a band who's had a couple of big ish albums and a few top 40/20 hits in New Zealand, so more relevant there than Natalia and Willy at least.

+Quote Post

12 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:36 PM