BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ariana's connections with other AF artists, completed!
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
JulianNial
post Jul 22 2020, 09:53 PM
Post #21
Julian Nial
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 18,454
   No Gallery Pics

Oooo! I am loving this!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jade
post Jul 23 2020, 05:10 PM
Post #22
I feel so seen in the night
Group: Buzzjack's Sweetheart
Member No.: 12,810

Aww bless you guys! You're too sweet. I'm really pleased that you're enjoying the thread. heart.gif

Ariana Grande and... Lady Gaga

Well, Ariana has been a Little Monster for years! She tweeted a lot about her in the past, emulated looks and even covered some of her songs.

So, it was an absolute dream come true for her when she COLLABORATED with Gaga this year for the song 'Rain On Me'!

It has been a huge success - topping charts around the world. The release of 'Rain On Me' has provided us with so much Gaga and Ariana content already - from the music video to weather report sketches. I don't know about you guys but I'm living for this friendship. Would you like Gaga to return the favour on Ariana's next album?

+Quote Post
Jade
post Jul 24 2020, 04:53 PM
Post #23

Ariana Grande and... Little Mix

So, firstly, these girls have some live performance connections! Little Mix were chosen as a support act for the North American leg of Ariana's 'Dangerous Woman' tour alongside Victoria Monét! Of course, the Little Mix girls also halted promo for 'Power' to perform the uplifting 'Wings' at Ariana's One Love Manchester benefit concert heart.gif

Also, who could forget the girls joining forces on social media after Piers Morgan criticised Little Mix's 'Strip' video?

cheeseblock.png

+Quote Post
Jade
post Jul 25 2020, 03:43 PM
Post #24

Ariana Grande and... Madonna

In the YouTube description of Ari's aforementioned 'Born This Way' and 'Express Yourself' mash-up, she wrote: "This is an homage to one of the greatest artists of all time and my idol, Madonna, whom I've been listening to my whole life" - this was back in 2011. In a matter of years she would be meeting and working with her idol.

Firstly, in 2016, Ariana and Madge posted selfies on their respective instagram pages!

you know that we're greedy for / living for love ♡ ♡ ♡ @madonna

Its Friday Bitches!! 💘💜💘💜💘💜💘💜

Fast forward to 2018 and Madonna would feature in Ariana's 'God is a woman' music video! Not physically but in voice over form, reciting Samuel L. Jackson's 'Ezekiel 25:17' speech from Pulp Fiction: "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my sisters. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."

+Quote Post
Slick
post Jul 25 2020, 03:45 PM
Post #25
electric butterflies
Group: Members
Member No.: 70
   No Gallery Pics

I love how much thought has gone into this thread. I had forgotten there was any kind of link to Madonna, but of course the 'God Is A Woman' video is an obvious one.

+Quote Post
LewisGT
post Jul 25 2020, 04:06 PM
Post #26
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 18,293
   No Gallery Pics

Ariana & Little Mix sounds like the perfect tour show for me laugh.gif While it was great seeing Victoria Monet & Bia on the UK tour date, I would have loved to have been at one of the American shows.

I used to love Katy Perry growing up (even if I haven't liked any of her newer music) so I'm happy I got the chance to see her at One Love Manchester. Her song choices were great too, it was really powerful to watch and a really nice tribute.

+Quote Post
Jade
post Jul 26 2020, 02:24 PM
Post #27

Thanks for the comments guys heart.gif it's really interesting to hear your thoughts!

Ariana Grande and... One Direction and Solo

Not much is publicly know about Ariana's relationships with Liam, Louis and Zayn but I did remember connections with both Harry and Niall!

So, first, Harry Styles. An obvious connection here is that he penned the Ariana album track 'Just A Little Bit Of Your Heart' from her second album 'My Everything'! The connection was enough for 1D fans to cherry pick this ballad during album release week. Here's what it sounds like in both Ariana and Harry form:

Niall Horan was of course another artist who contributed towards Ariana's 'One Love Manchester' benefit concert! He sang 'Slow Hands' and 'This Town'.

+Quote Post
Taftyłłł
post Jul 26 2020, 10:26 PM
Post #28
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

QUOTE(Jade @ Jul 23 2020, 06:10 PM) *
Aww bless you guys! You're too sweet. I'm really pleased that you're enjoying the thread. heart.gif

Ariana Grande and... Lady Gaga

Well, Ariana has been a Little Monster for years! She tweeted a lot about her in the past, emulated looks and even covered some of her songs.

So, it was an absolute dream come true for her when she COLLABORATED with Gaga this year for the song 'Rain On Me'!

It has been a huge success - topping charts around the world. The release of 'Rain On Me' has provided us with so much Gaga and Ariana content already - from the music video to weather report sketches. I don't know about you guys but I'm living for this friendship. Would you like Gaga to return the favour on Ariana's next album?

QUOTE(Jade @ Jul 24 2020, 05:53 PM) *
Ariana Grande and... Little Mix

So, firstly, these girls have some live performance connections! Little Mix were chosen as a support act for the North American leg of Ariana's 'Dangerous Woman' tour alongside Victoria Monét! Of course, the Little Mix girls also halted promo for 'Power' to perform the uplifting 'Wings' at Ariana's One Love Manchester benefit concert heart.gif

Also, who could forget the girls joining forces on social media after Piers Morgan criticised Little Mix's 'Strip' video?

cheeseblock.png

QUOTE(Jade @ Jul 25 2020, 04:43 PM) *
Ariana Grande and... Madonna

In the YouTube description of Ari's aforementioned 'Born This Way' and 'Express Yourself' mash-up, she wrote: "This is an homage to one of the greatest artists of all time and my idol, Madonna, whom I've been listening to my whole life" - this was back in 2011. In a matter of years she would be meeting and working with her idol.

Firstly, in 2016, Ariana and Madge posted selfies on their respective instagram pages!

Fast forward to 2018 and Madonna would feature in Ariana's 'God is a woman' music video! Not physically but in voice over form, reciting Samuel L. Jackson's 'Ezekiel 25:17' speech from Pulp Fiction: "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my sisters. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."

THE POWER OF THIS TRIO BACK-TO-BACK!!!! *.*

+Quote Post
Jade
post Jul 27 2020, 05:12 PM
Post #29

^ IKR cheeseblock.png

Ariana Grande and... P!nk

There isn't a particularly obvious connection here for these two but I've managed to find a couple of bits!

Firstly, for the 2019 Grammys, we know that Ariana won Best Pop Vocal Performance for 'Sweetener'! Amongst the rest of the nominees was... P!nk herself. She took the loss in good humour and posted this home-made Grammy Award to instagram instead:

On the subject of award shows, Ariana showed some love on Twitter back in 2012 for P!nk's 'Try' performance at that year's AMAs ceremony!

Finally, P!nk shared some words on Twitter regarding the Manchester Arena tragedy.

+Quote Post
Jade
post Jul 28 2020, 05:09 PM
Post #30

Ariana Grande and... Rihanna

Time for some stream queens! As Andrew already mentioned, at the Billboard Music Awards 2014 Rihanna was caught laughing during Ariana's performance of 'Problem':

Ari later addressed this, telling us that things weren't as shady as they seemed - saying that Rihanna was laughing just because she was surprised at her performance rather than thinking it was funny. She added: "Afterwards, [Rihanna] was so kind to me, she was like, 'Lil' mama, keep doing what you’re doing because it's working.'"

Ariana has always been a big Rihanna fan, 'Unapologetic' stans she's right with you:

Also, back in the day before having many of her own songs, 'Only Girl (In The World)' was part of Ari's repertoire of covers! She even performed it live:

+Quote Post
Jade
post Jul 29 2020, 05:01 PM
Post #31

Ariana Grande and... Rita Ora

So, the main thing I could find for Ariana and Rita is that they bumped into each other at the VMAS 2016 and had a photo together!

Aside from this and both having a hit featuring Iggy Azalea, Rita also once praised Ariana on Twitter for her feminist rant on there:

This was Ariana's original tweet:

+Quote Post
Jade
post Jul 30 2020, 09:25 PM
Post #32

Ariana Grande and... Robbie Williams and Take That

Robbie of course provided us with this iconic MAAAAAAAANCHESTER performance cheeseblock.png

Plus his signature song 'Angels' which was a lovely choice.

+Quote Post
Brer
post Jul 30 2020, 10:11 PM
Post #33
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 8,300

A true iconic performance xx

+Quote Post
Jade
post Jul 31 2020, 08:41 PM
Post #34

Legends only x

Ariana Grande and... RuPaul's Drag Race

I've never seen an episode of Drag Race before (shocking, I know) so I definitely needed to do my research on this one! Turns out that it was very easy to make a connection ohmy.gif this is because Ariana was actually a guest judge for the season 7 episode 'Ru Hollywood Stories'!

The lip-sync choice for this episode was of course an anthem adopted by the LGBTQ+ community - Ari's 'Break Free'!

This is the first time I've ever seen that performance! It was good fun, including Ariana's reactions.

Which Ariana song do you think should be next in line for Drag Race lip sync treatment?

+Quote Post
Jade
post Aug 2 2020, 06:34 PM
Post #35

I was busy all day yesterday so continuing this today!

Ariana Grande and... Shawn Mendes

There's a surprisingly small amount of connections between these two international superstars! But I did find a couple of bits.

Firstly, Shawn gave Ariana a hug in the audience at the VMAS 2018 while she was attending with then-boyfriend Pete Davidson!

Also, Shawn was filmed rocking out to '7 rings' on instagram, taste!

Would you be here for an Ariana and Shawn collaboration in the future?

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Aug 2 2020, 10:08 PM
Post #36
THE BLAZE *.*
Member No.: 18,061

SO MANY Ariana songs have been used for lipsyncs on Drag Race!

Break Free
Greedy
Problem
Into You
One Last Time
Bang Bang

+Quote Post
Jade
post Aug 2 2020, 10:14 PM
Post #37

Oh thanks Cameron I had no idea about that lengthy history! 'Greedy' was used?! I stan that so much wub.gif

+Quote Post
Slick
post Aug 2 2020, 10:25 PM
Post #38
electric butterflies
Member No.: 70
   No Gallery Pics

The use of 'Greedy' was ICONIC (although nothing to do with the song choice.)

+Quote Post
RobBot
post Aug 2 2020, 10:56 PM
Post #39
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 7,117

Yeah, with 6 songs, I do believe Ariana and Madonna are the most lip synced artists in the shows history!

+Quote Post
Calum
post Aug 2 2020, 11:35 PM
Post #40
nabad
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 18,316

That pic of Shawn and Ariana heart.gif In the video of his In My Blood performance the camera shows her nodding along at various points too laugh.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:32 PM