BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Diplo takes a swipe at Rihanna, "I'm bigger than her"
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
AdamAloud
post May 4 2015, 05:21 PM
Post #1
Group icon
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
User: 11,955
SUPERSTAR DJ Diplo has taken a swipe at Rihanna after she gave the hit-maker the cold shoulder during a recent studio visit.

The Bajan-beauty has headed back into the studio to rework on her eighth studio album after lead single B**** Better Have My Money failed to make an impact on the charts.

The single only peaked at number 27 in the UK charts – a far cry from her chart-topping smashes We Found Love and Diamonds.

Meanwhile Diplo, 36, is the man of the moment with his track Lean On currently enjoying worldwide success.

“I was in the studio with Rihanna two weeks ago, still playing the game," Diplo told The Standard.

"I was trying to convince her why she should do so-and-so and thinking, ‘Lean On is bigger than any of her songs around the world right now. Why am I even sitting here trying to negotiate?’

"I honestly was not that interested in working on her record but I’ll never say no to anybody until I’ve gotten a vibe from them."

Rihanna isn't the first celeb to feel the wrath of the outspoken DJ. Last year he hit out at Taylor Swift branding her fans "worse than North Korea".

However, there is one artist Diplo refuses to slam – the Queen of Pop Madonna.

The pair worked together on her recent Rebel Heart album gaining critical acclaim.

"Literally the first day I was like, ‘Wow, she’s really cool’. We tried a lot of things. She’s a trendsetter", Diplo explained.

"When we did B**** I’m Madonna she was like, ‘Yo, let’s hear the craziest s*** you have on your computer right now.’”

What do you reckon, is Rihanna too big for her boots or is Diplo just being over sensitive?

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz/440075/Diplo-Rihanna

Not overly interested in what he has to say, but the article states that she's gone back to the studio to re-work her album. Do you think it's true?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post May 4 2015, 05:43 PM
Post #2
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308
"I'm bigger than her."

Last time I checked you didn't have any Grammys or #1's worldwide?

+Quote this post
Cremey
post May 4 2015, 05:51 PM
Post #3
Group icon
on a bench in coney island
User: 4,089
Eh well he is doing well at the moment and she's had a bit of a lacklustre return!
Hope she is re-working the album if American Oxygen really is the best she has to offer. My anticipation for it is at an all time low sad.gif

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post May 4 2015, 06:00 PM
Post #4
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
As talented a producer as Diplo is, he does seem to be a bit of dick. Someone who believes he's better than what he's actually capable of. I know several people on this site are huge fans of him, but eh. He's good, but he isn't THAT good (this isn't me just slamming him, as I am aware of how Rihanna comes across a lot of the time. laugh.gif)

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post May 4 2015, 06:21 PM
Post #5
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217
That's really cocky of him, but the music industry is very cut throat. There can be a "you're only as good as your last hit" attitude, even with the biggest of stars, and Rihanna's current situation isn't the best. sad.gif

I'm not going to write her off after she hits a stumbling block, but I hope she plans her next move very carefully. It could be a good or a bad sign that she's returned to the studio to rework the album... if she's lost faith in her unreleased material intended for the album, that's not a great sign for the project's potential. However she could also come up with a huge hit sounding song or two that the album is possibly currently lacking, which lifts the album to something greater. Hopefully she manages to save this era! ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post May 4 2015, 07:49 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639
Omg worse even than ARTPOP!!!

+Quote this post
*Tim
post May 4 2015, 08:19 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Bitch of t seet
User: 16,660
Poor Diplo and his deluded mind. He is charting higher with 1 song.

The only thing he is bigger at is having an ego and that is not a good thing to have

+Quote this post
danG
post May 4 2015, 08:26 PM
Post #8
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746
Lean On isn't even a bigger hit than FourFiveSeconds was, what is he on about??

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post May 4 2015, 09:41 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639
He's talkin aboot American Oxygen/ BDSMV v Lean On though.

Having to rework the album though! laugh.gif Shows she's not confident in it AND not confident in the music, i.e not releasing it because it's good but for chart success only. At least GaGa released ARTPOP as was even though nobody was hur for it.

+Quote this post
April
post May 4 2015, 09:58 PM
Post #10
Group icon
changed the game with that digital drop
User: 11,905
I thought it might be wise to point out that this is just sensationalist journalism taking things out of context as usual. Look at the website - Daily Star.

Other than the headline, I don't see a quote where he says "I'm bigger than her". Lean On IS a bigger hit right now, but he doesn't say he's a bigger artist that her.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't get the vibe off her. Rihanna's different and has a much bigger ego. Which is slightly ironic I know, since he comes across as having a massive ego himself in this article. But I for one respect someone who says it how it is, not pussy footing around other artists and abandoning their integrity to get a big hit.

+Quote this post
Sempachorra
post May 4 2015, 11:22 PM
Post #11
Group icon
Let's Go Brandon
User: 421
Considering the material she's been putting out, she shouldnt even be negotiating... but begging lol.

This post has been edited by Euphorique: May 5 2015, 04:48 AM

+Quote this post
Tyler
post May 5 2015, 12:34 AM
Post #12
Group icon
If people hate you, don’t hate them.
User: 67
Well her recent music has sucked. They both come across as c**ts though.

+Quote this post
p a v
post May 5 2015, 06:43 AM
Post #13
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397
Hennies PUH-LEASE. Rihanna's arsehole is already clean enough.

Diplo has been successful for years now as a producer. It's sad to see that people only consider people with singing voices and pretty face worth taking the credit for a chart hit.

Either way, this article is one big w***. Nowhere does he say he's bigger than Rihanna and the purpose of this is to just to create a scandal. I guess it was a slow news day? Yawn.

+Quote this post
-0-0
post May 5 2015, 08:08 AM
Post #14
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643
Rihanna's return to music has been disappointing.

She had so much hype for her return to music and 'Bitch Better Have My Money' and 'American Oxygen' have both flopped hard by her standards. She needs to release the video for 'Bitch Better Have My Money' to get those extra sales though.

+Quote this post
PaPa Ri
post May 5 2015, 09:56 AM
Post #15
Group icon
JanWasRobbed
User: 8,335
I approve of his shading Rihanna's new songs, tbh. The best part of the article is that she's gone back to rework on the album.

+Quote this post
April
post May 5 2015, 10:26 AM
Post #16
Group icon
changed the game with that digital drop
User: 11,905
QUOTE(Conderella @ May 5 2015, 07:43 AM) *
Hennies PUH-LEASE. Rihanna's arsehole is already clean enough.

Diplo has been successful for years now as a producer. It's sad to see that people only consider people with singing voices and pretty face worth taking the credit for a chart hit.

Either way, this article is one big w***. Nowhere does he say he's bigger than Rihanna and the purpose of this is to just to create a scandal. I guess it was a slow news day? Yawn.

Me and Quen Conderella on the same page *.*

+Quote this post
AdamAloud
post May 5 2015, 10:53 AM
Post #17
Group icon
I'm actually quite sad if it's true that she's gone to re-work the album. I know I'm in the minority but I've loved all 3 singles so far and it's been great to get something different from Rihanna. I understand the feeling that some of you may feel 'let down' by the material so far, after all she has set the bar so high in terms of single quality. But in regards to her releasing 'bangers', she's been there, done that and got the t-shirt.

Without a doubt it's been the release strategies so far that have killed off any hype she had regarding this era. 'FourFiveSeconds' is still one of the biggest international hits of the year so far so I'm confident she can turn it around. She's not stupid.

+Quote this post
dhwe
post May 6 2015, 02:46 AM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 21,384
^p much what Adam said! I'd love Rih to continue accumulating smashes obv but I also feel like she's earned the right to look beyond getting hits at this point in her career when she's had ten years' worth of them.

+Quote this post
PaPa Ri
post May 6 2015, 05:59 AM
Post #19
Group icon
JanWasRobbed
User: 8,335
That doesn't mean she can release shit songs and get away with it. Stop excusing her.

+Quote this post
AdamAloud
post May 6 2015, 11:24 AM
Post #20
Group icon
QUOTE(♡ Heezus Froot ♡ @ May 6 2015, 06:59 AM) *
That doesn't mean she can release shit songs and get away with it. Stop excusing her.

And excuse you for totally discounting my opinion on the songs. Just because you believe them to be 'shit' doesn't make it fact.

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 12:58 PM