BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Blended, Adam Sandler & Drew Barrymore
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Insomnio
post 26th August 2014, 09:34 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 10,742

I watched this movie today. I wasn't mad about it but a best offer (nice price in an outdoor cinema) was a seductive reason to wach this film. I have watched the official trailer before the beginning of Summer but it didn't persuade me for its context. It's the third time which Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore collaborated to a Comedy film (The Wedding Singer, 50 First Dates). These 2 movies had great numbers at the Box Office and I guess that the producers wanted to repeat this success again. However, it didn't happen this time.
We all know that Adam Sandler is not the best actor in Hollywood. He usually plays the same role every time and he always gazes like a lazy puppy. He is the definition of goofy. He has a lot of fans all around the world but he has also hardcore haters too. Personally, I can't hate an actor like Adam Sandler because most of his characters are likeable and I always laugh with his clever quotes. He has something cynical which it's quite strange with that look..Drew Barrymore is more of a versatile actress than him because she usually chooses different roles but they have chemistry. I don't think that they will collaborate for a fourth time in the future though. The direction couldn't be decent because it's a low budget film and the scipt didn't demand many things from the movie. The script has the usual Hollywood formula (we try to be together, we found love, we break up before the end, we end up together), many gags and some cliches (about family, love, cheating). It's certainly based on the funny quotes and the performances of young actors/actresses. However, the beginning was quite bad, it wasn't so enjoyable and the performances were below average. The movie impoved somewhere in the middle of the film.
"Blended" will not be the movie which viewers will remember it for years/months (even weeks) but they will have a pleasant evening. It's suitable for all ages and it's edgy without being offensive. It managed to have decent earnings worldwide although it remains one of the least successful movies of Adam Sandler. It has also an average score in IMDB which I found it representative (6.5). It's not one of the worst movies this year in spite of being very carefree. At least, I learned what the word "Blended" means.

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 26th August 2014, 09:36 PM
Post #2
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

I saw this back in May and I loved it so much. It was so funny
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion