BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The best bubblegum-dance producers ever?, Stock Aitken and Waterman
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Mushymanrob
post Apr 3 2008, 06:52 AM
Post #21
im all clares!
Group: Members
Member No.: 5

QUOTE(thisispop @ Apr 2 2008, 11:01 PM) *
Spot on.

I'm not Kylie's biggest fan, but anybody dismissing her ability is ignoring the rather obvious fact that she has survived 20 years in the industry because of her adaptability, the fact that she has changed her sound and her image to stay contemporary to a greater or lesser degree of success. (Whatever happened to Wendy James (Transvision Vamp), Debbie Gibson, Tanita Tikarum, Yazz, Sonia, Vanessa Paradis, etc from when she started!) Anyone who has 40 Top20 hits is clearly not rubbish.

Plus she puts on fantastic live shows that are events.

I think the fact that Simon Cowell dropped her when Deconstruction was taken over by BMG (he said that she was too old), yet she came back in the 21st Century better and more popular than ever speaks volumes about her willpower and ability of finding the right material and making complimentary videos to sell her self.

As for her interviews you haters clearly have not hung around or taken the time out to read them as she is like a female David Bowie for the way she makes entertaining comments, she keeps up to date with Fashion, Food, Culture, Music & TV (but not in an embarrassing Paul McCartney token bluffing it sort of way), yet is equally enigmatic by revealing little about herself.

............... Mind you her last album X is shockingly poor and was my Worst album of 2007.

Still the last word to legendary music critic Charles Shaar Murray: "Kylie is a survivor because she manages to mask her thin, often nondescript voice with musical diversity and brittle charisma with a quiet determination and great and genuinely great pop songs by any standard complimented with frequently great videos"

nah... id suggest that shes still around because shes a marketable product.... like cliff richard!!! so im not ignoring her durability.... the question is..
just how much input has SHE put into 'her' music.? she started out as a puppet and im far from concerned she aint changed much. popularity...'saleability' does equate to good music.

and yes scotty, i have seen her interviewed many times and i stand firmly behind my (disappointment) that she isnt the brightest spark. i was hoping all her fans were right and that she is some kinda talented musical genius........ but she aint.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mushymanrob
post Apr 3 2008, 02:35 PM
Post #22
im all clares!
Member No.: 5

been viewing several kylie interviews and all i find is this rather coy little girl who has .... trouble...... thinking... what ...to say.

now kate bush IS a serious musical talent, compare the two?.... laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Dino-2pacalypse
post Apr 15 2008, 06:35 PM
Post #23
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 781

QUOTE(tigerboy @ Apr 1 2008, 03:15 PM) *
and i bet A] you really love Stiff Records and a fan of the Specials

B] you havent read mojo this month (its page 88 - 89 that Pete Waterman turns up - all you pretentious rock types)
Yeah spot on!!! love you for getting a reference tp Timberline's never ending production line - which could be a good thing or bad thing...and also Maratone/Cherion in as well

you're welcome biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Monzo
post Sep 19 2020, 05:06 PM
Post #24
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 349
   No Gallery Pics

I still listen to SAW's stuff. They were masters of the game!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:03 AM