BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Will you be watching the England Lionesses go for glory?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Will you be watching the Lionesses go for glory?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 8
Guests cannot vote 
Mack.
post 6th June 2019, 02:13 PM
Post #1
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915

The Women's World Cup is kicking off from Fri, 7 June 2019 – Sun, 7 July 2019.

Will you be watching and do you think this will give women's football more recognition?

Also do you think more should be done to cover women's sport in general?

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 6th June 2019, 02:15 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

I won't actively be watching no but I'll take a passing interest in their progression. The game is only ever going to continue to grow in appeal.

I WILL be watching the Nations League game vs. the Dutch tonight though. It's not coming home! winner.gif

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 6th June 2019, 02:17 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272

If England do as well as many people hope, it should give a major boost to the popularity of the women's game, particularly with all of England's matches on free-to-air television. Unfortunately, the more popular it gets, the more it is likely to be snapped up by the likes of Sky and BT in the future. It is surely worth the government adding the women's World Cup to the list of protected events (which have to be available on free-to-air television) before it is too late.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 6th June 2019, 02:29 PM
Post #4
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

I’ll try and catch some of it if able to, always up for seeing the women’s game become more dominant.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 6th June 2019, 02:37 PM
Post #5
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

No. (But I hate football anyway) but I might catch the odd one or two to support Mary Earps as she worked with me for a bit *.* (claim 2 fame x)

However, more should DEFINITELY be done to get more coverage of the womens world cup/sport in general as it does the mens. Especially nowadays.

But yeah, I'm not interested, just coz I'm not interested in Football. laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 6th June 2019, 02:41 PM
Post #6
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915

QUOTE(Jonjo @ Jun 6 2019, 03:37 PM) *
No. (But I hate football anyway) but I might catch the odd one or two to support Mary Earps as she worked with me for a bit *.* (claim 2 fame x)

However, more should DEFINITELY be done to get more coverage of the womens world cup/sport in general as it does the mens. Especially nowadays.

But yeah, I'm not interested, just coz I'm not interested in Football. laugh.gif

It still has a long way to go. Would be great if the national team were able to play Wembley permanently.

+Quote this post
Flatcap
post 6th June 2019, 08:08 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Nah.
User: 27

I saw a bit of a match of theirs a few weeks ago and I am certainly hoping to catch some more games as and when I can.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 05:02 PM