BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Entries you've sent that don't fit your 'sound'?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
gooddelta
post 9th December 2015, 11:58 PM
Post #21
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116

Probably Spitfire and Take Me To Church, but the latter became so huge that I almost think of it as a big pop song these days. It felt very different for me at the time though. Possibly Shut Up + Dance too but I've always loved a huge chorus, regardless of the genre.

I try to switch things up often but to be fair most of my entries are just from various pop or dance sub-genres.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Brer
post 10th December 2015, 12:01 AM
Post #22
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

QUOTE(Izzletoe @ Dec 9 2015, 11:39 PM) *
More shoegazey stuff like 'Moving Still' please Persephonia

I'd like to send an entry like that again (as 'Moving Still' is among my favourites of my own entries) but I rarely come across such songs that hold my attention at all! Closest I came to sending a similar song since then was MYTHHS 'Elements', I did eventually send that to Nuggets though of course.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 10th December 2015, 12:03 AM
Post #23
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

I don't think Ashton has really varied from it's sound. I think the only real difference from when this first started is the language of the songs! 7 years ago I would never have sent an entire year's worth of foreign language entries. I just didn't listen to any! Now some of my favourite songs aren't sung in English.

QUOTE(· jerusalina · @ Dec 9 2015, 11:26 PM) *
legit one of your best entries tho LOL

So true.

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post 10th December 2015, 12:08 AM
Post #24
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403

QUOTE(Silasaurous Rex @ Dec 10 2015, 12:03 AM) *
I don't think Ashton has really varied from it's sound. I think the only real difference from when this first started is the language of the songs! 7 years ago I would never have sent an entire year's worth of foreign language entries. I just didn't listen to any! Now some of my favourite songs aren't sung in English.
So true.

keep it up tho because things like gabrielle etc are definitely breaking up the boring blog stuff in the contest, and omg when u do ashton trash u do it RIGHT recently so more of that !

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 10th December 2015, 12:09 AM
Post #25
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

I wouldn't say I really had a specific sound even if some entries do stand out to me. I just like to send whatever, regardless of genre.

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 23rd November 2020, 10:30 PM
Post #26
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308

I went through old threads here and came across this
QUOTE(CodySleighBell-y @ Dec 9 2015, 03:29 PM) *
Probably Wave Racer considering that's the least anthemic out of the seven that I've sent so far

It does mean I've really toyed with different genres tho
I still stand by this, although I think I’ve gravitated towards a specific sound now that I’ve had 50+ entries on the table. So I think I would add:
Snow Tha Product - Nuestra Cancion
Kacy Hill - Hard To Love
Aesthetic Perfection/Mr. Kitty - LAX
Visions Of Atlantis - The Deep & The Dark

We’ll see where the chips fall I guess

+Quote this post
danG
post 23rd November 2020, 11:12 PM
Post #27
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

I'd say the most I've deviated from the Danæviia brand recently would be 'Overkill' from last year which is more heavy than I would usually go for (being metal-inspired which I didn't expect a Danæviia entry ever would be) - and I suppose my synthpop entry 'Spaces' from earlier this year which both ended up flopping.

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post 24th November 2020, 12:01 AM
Post #28
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403

Since I last posted:

- Colleen D'Agostino 'Disaster'
- MXMS 'Gravedigger'
- Holy Esque 'Tear'
- Sharon Van Etten 'Jupiter 4'
- Sophie Beem 'Skyline'
- Dave Silcox / Little Nikki 'Tell Me'

i think!

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 24th November 2020, 12:20 AM
Post #29
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308

QUOTE(✖ leww ✖ @ Nov 23 2020, 04:01 PM) *
Since I last posted:

- Colleen D'Agostino 'Disaster'
- MXMS 'Gravedigger'
- Holy Esque 'Tear'
- Sharon Van Etten 'Jupiter 4'
- Sophie Beem 'Skyline'
- Dave Silcox / Little Nikki 'Tell Me'

i think!
defo agree with Skyline, most of your pop entries are either dance or synthpop influenced but that was super poppy for Aeroche standards!

+Quote this post
Harve
post 28th November 2020, 11:07 AM
Post #30
Group icon
Cœur poids plume
User: 4,718

Idk, I've sent enough hip hop/R&B in addition to the electronic comfort zone such that the former two can't really count as a massive divergence.

Perhaps this is a bit different to most entries of mine, but that's not because this kind of music doesn't appeal to me - more because you guys are so on top of artists like Rina and I rarely discover pure pop early enough to make inspired, veto-compliant entries!

And these may not be recognised as different because I know my entries are universally unappealing to some - that is to say I'm not sure if people who dislike both alt electronica and alt rock bother distinguishing between the two in the same way that I don't care about the difference between grunge and black metal - but I rarely listen to music with guitars so these were unusual for me.

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 28th November 2020, 11:20 AM
Post #31
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116

Maybe the following stand out for me since last time:

Real Lies - North Circular
Tina Guo - Super Mario Bros
DJ Sabrina The Teenage DJ - All The Beautiful Things U Do
Swim Deep - To Feel Good

The rest veer between a few genres I usually go for, but the spoken indie-electronica of Real Lies and Swim Deep aren't massively typical of my usual sound, and I can't see myself sending anything like Super Mario Bros again. DJ Sabrina is more like a Skall entry.

Funnily enough, these four are four of my favourite songs of the last five years so maybe I should switch it wildly up more often - but none made the top ten, even though a couple definitely deserved to.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 28th November 2020, 02:56 PM
Post #32
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376

Singerpurear don't have a Sound. The day people can predict what genre we enter is the day we retire from BJSC laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 1st December 2020, 06:53 PM
Post #33
Group icon
Rob aah
User: 3,804

Once upon a time anything weird or witch house wouldn't have been our standard entry sound but they've become the norm for us now. I think these stick out as ones though.

Boston Bun - Paris Groove (novelty, doesn't fit anywhere really)
Generik - Last Night (dance but sticks out like a sore thumb dance and we don't do that at all really )
Jonathan Bree - You're So Cool (Almost didn't list this one as it does belong to my typical entry sound but the slowness of it I think qualifies it to be here. Summericia never really send really slow songs outside of the odd occasion. :') )

This post has been edited by Rob S Claus: 1st December 2020, 06:54 PM

+Quote this post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 09:49 PM